Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants
    #25360145 - 08/01/18 02:27 PM (16 days, 7 minutes ago)

(Src= https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2018/jul/19/bulldozed_death_growing_ten)

Getting caught growing a few pot plants in Pennsylvania could lead to a criminal charge and a likely sentence of probation, but for a Lehigh Valley man, it was a death sentence. This past Monday, 51-year-old Gregory A. Longenecker was found dead under a bulldozer operated by a state Game Commission worker and carrying a state trooper hunting for two men spotted near a freshly-discovered marijuana grow.

According to the Pennsylvania State Police, the Game Commission bulldozer operator was using the machine to improve access to fields on game lands when he spotted a car well off the road in the brush and called police. Officers from nearby Bernville Borough were first on the scene and quickly found a plot containing ten growing marijuana plants.
The cops saw two men emerge from the underbrush and take off running, said Trooper David Boehm, a state police spokesman. "They were back there doing whatever they have to do to their plants," he said. "It was kind of carved out of the underbrush, which I've never seen underbrush that thick ever. It was crazy how thick it was."

The two men were Longenecker and his long-time friend David Brook Light, 54. Light was quickly taken into custody by the Bernville chief of police, but Longenecker eluded immediate capture. The state police arrived on the scene and ordered one of their helicopters to join the search. The chopper pilot spotted Longenecker in the brush but then lost him. Meanwhile, a state trooper and the bulldozer operator were roaring through the brush looking for him.

"An attempt to hail the other male was unsuccessful," Beohm said in a news release. "The helicopter lost sight of the male and was giving directions to the bulldozer of his last location. The Game Commission employee and a Trooper were on the bulldozer driving through the thick underbrush. The bulldozer stopped in the underbrush. The second male was located under the rear of the bulldozer deceased."

That's right: Confronted with a small-scale illicit marijuana grow on public land, the State Police deployed a helicopter and the on-scene bulldozer and managed to kill their target. But that's not how the cops tried to spin it.

First, Trooper Boehm denied that Longenecker died as a result of a police pursuit. "They were just trying to locate this guy with use of a helicopter," he explained.

Then he suggested that Longenecker may have died of natural causes. "The reason it's unclear if Longenecker was struck and killed by the bulldozer is that Longenecker, because of his age, could have had a heart attack while fleeing through the dense thicket," Boehm said.

But that attempted diversion was foiled on Tuesday when the preliminary autopsy report came out. That report found that Longenecker died of traumatic injuries after being run over by the bulldozer. A final ruling on the cause of death awaits toxicology tests, but it is clear that he died after being run over by the bulldozer.

The case has aroused the ire of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), which has denounced what it calls the excessive use of force by state law enforcement.

"This awful event could have and should have been prevented," said national NORML executive director Erik Altieri. "This tragedy is a direct result of our nation's draconic and failed criminalization of marijuana. Not only was the use of resources in this matter excessive and the tactics highly questionable, but more importantly a man lost his life over the act of growing a plant that is now legally regulated in a majority of US states. No matter your opinion on marijuana legalization, the penalty for growing cannabis should never be an extrajudicial death sentence."

"As a former prosecutor and practicing criminal defense attorney, it is inconceivable to me that a man lost his life during an investigation of a very small grow," said Pittsburgh NORML executive director Patrick Nightengale. "Had he been arrested, prosecuted and convicted, Pennsylvania's sentencing guidelines would have provided for a sentence of probation. The heavy-handed tactics employed cannot be justified by the seizure of ten plants. I do not understand why law enforcement couldn't simply wait. A vehicle was on scene and another individual was taken into custody. Rip the plants, run the plate and ask the arrestee what his friend's name is. How difficult is that?"

Medical marijuana is already legal in 31 states, including Pennsylvania, and legal marijuana for adults is already permitted in nine states and Washington, DC. A bill to legalize marijuana in the state failed to advance this year, even though 59% of state residents support freeing the weed.

"As an activist and cannabis lobbyist in Pennsylvania, I always use decorum and process to my advantage. There would seem to have been a total lack of both by law enforcement this past Monday outside of Bernville. By all accounts the death of an illicit marijuana grower being chased by a state bulldozer, under the direction of Pennsylvania State Troopers, was an unnecessary and reckless use of resources," said Jeff Riedy, executive director of Lehigh Valley NORML. "These horrible events only fuel the need for marijuana reform, including the right for personal use and home cultivation in our state, and across this country. Endless pursuit at all costs, leading to the death of a suspect, over a few marijuana plants is excessive, to say the least."

This article was produced by Drug Reporter, a project of the Independent Media Institute.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
Gem Prospector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Willamete Valley
Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Fractal420]
    #25360158 - 08/01/18 02:33 PM (16 days, 56 seconds ago)

This is going to make a terrifying movie.

--------------------

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #25360218 - 08/01/18 03:02 PM (15 days, 23 hours ago)

So is anyone going to be charged in his death? Or is it okay that he was run over by a bulldozer baca use he was growing 10 plants?

--------------------
Looking for saliva or Kratom cuttings. Pm me for trades

InvisibleAmanita86
Colors of Hella
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Crispy224]
    #25360301 - 08/01/18 03:43 PM (15 days, 22 hours ago)

Cops can’t get in trouble unless they fuck other cops.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*John 14,:levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Amanita86]
    #25360510 - 08/01/18 05:59 PM (15 days, 20 hours ago)

True.  It's called thin blue line and why the go from the military to law enforcement.

Sad part is most people don't see this as cruel or unfair at all.  Lot's of folks feel you break the law, you pay ANY price.

--------------------
All comments by Morel Guy are fictional opinions and nothing legally binding therein.

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25360651 - 08/01/18 07:15 PM (15 days, 19 hours ago)

Could the family of the deceased bring a civil case against the police department? It just doesn't seem right. Just another victim from the war on drugs.

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
 User Gallery
    #25360718 - 08/01/18 07:55 PM (15 days, 18 hours ago)

--------------------
Markus is my God-given name.

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: lessismore]
    #25360852 - 08/01/18 09:12 PM (15 days, 17 hours ago)

That's a sad video but what does that have to do with the article?

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
 User Gallery
    #25361270 - 08/02/18 01:43 AM (15 days, 12 hours ago)

Pennsylvania justice system and police dept is corrupt in many ways, and shark has exposed them. It either says in that one or another shark video.

Both lawyers, judges there are corrupt.

Don't count on justice via them, they are money under table guys, and animalabusers - judges with like 10-12+ years education, torturing animals for fun, even though illegal. And protecting themselves doing it + their buddies.

I didn't want to spoil the videos focus sorry, so I didn't write this at the time. But justice there is very corrupt in that state.

--------------------
Markus is my God-given name.

OfflineHighersyStems
Stranger
    #25361272 - 08/02/18 01:44 AM (15 days, 12 hours ago)

He wasn't bulldozed for growing doja, he was bulldozed because he didn't get out of the way!  We're not talking some new-tech military stealth vehicle.  It's a bulldozer folks.  When you hear one coming (won't be hard to miss), you probably ought to find a better hiding spot.

OfflineBarnaby
The West is the Best
Male

#25361394 - 08/02/18 05:27 AM (15 days, 9 hours ago)

Marijuana will be federally legalized in the within the next 4-8 years would be my guess.  We call ourselves in America civilized and compared to many other countries we are to an extent. 

Yet we are still so far behind of what is possible for a truly civilized society.  One death for something so petty.  Thinking it could go either way though in the long run.

Millions of deaths, not because of marijuana plants, that is what is really important :confused:, compared to massive wildfires, droughts, floods, and how all this is going to have an effect on the masses.

Not saying this isn't important but in the larger picture, it really isn't.  Like the saying of people fear all the wrong things.  And I would add to that are conditioned to do so.  Just get to the point of things.  Everything is simple to the earth or whatever what you want to call what we live on.  Plants and vegetation, nature is not our enemy.:shrug:  Fuck off.

--------------------
LET'S GO ON A JOURNY, A JOURNY THOROUGHOUT TIME, TIME IS CHANGING ALL THE TIME, LETS FORGET ABOUT TIME. WHATS THE TIME IT IS A QUARTER TO NINE.  BUT DON'T WORRY, EVERYONE RUNS OUT OF TIME.  MAKE IT STOP!!!!  I DON'T WANT TO ROT!  BUT EVENTUALLY, EVERYONE RUNS OUT OF TIME.  THEN WE JUMP IN AND OUT OF EACH OTHERS EXISTANCE.  :chesire:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Barnaby]
    #25361437 - 08/02/18 06:41 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

For whoever was saying he was bulldozed not because of cannabis but cause he didnt get out of the way, remember there was a guy bulldozing the area to find him, knowing he was hiding in some bush. Dude didnt wanna get arrested, prolly didnt dream it could actually happen. But the brutality of this reminds me of that wood chipper scene in Fargo. And it wouldnt have happened if it werent for a 10-plant pot bust. Is that worth bulldozing anything?

As far as corruption, PA, NJ, NY, tristate area is so fucked

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#25361446 - 08/02/18 06:50 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

Crispy224 said:
Could the family of the deceased bring a civil case against the police department? It just doesn't seem right. Just another victim from the war on drugs.

Negligent death, possibly.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulldozed to death for growing 10 marijuana plants [Re: Near Dylan]
    #25361468 - 08/02/18 07:06 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

If they cant sue the cop or the department after a loved one was bulldozed for 10 plants, something is seriously fucked up. I mean so fucked up that people can be killed over cannabis without legal reproach.

PA was even trying to move on some sort of legalization. But you have counties for amish and bible people who prolly have some fucked up local popo

Theyd try to spin it as a freak accident but really what do you expect? Theyre looking for this guy who they know is hiding with a bulldozer. If your cat was hiding in the bushes, would you cut them down carelessly with an axe, knowing your cat is somewhere in there?

This is basically murder. Its kinda like that person who was run over at the charlottesville protest over statues

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#25361475 - 08/02/18 07:14 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

It is not at all like that lol. Police negligently plowing through an area searching for someone last seen there, and accidentally running him over, is much different than a man taking his car and deliberately slamming it full speed into a crowd of people. It's straight up insulting to even make the comparison lol

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25361478 - 08/02/18 07:15 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

Depends on how you look at it. End result is the same. I just mean the run over part. What im really saying is i doubt its that much of an accident

The chopper pilot spotted Longenecker in the brush but then lost him. Meanwhile, a state trooper and the bulldozer operator were roaring through the brush looking for him

Then he suggested that Longenecker may have died of natural causes. "The reason it's unclear if Longenecker was struck and killed by the bulldozer is that Longenecker, because of his age, could have had a heart attack while fleeing through the dense thicket," Boehm said

I mean. Thats clearly bullshit. They knew approximately where he was and they knew they killed him.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (08/02/18 07:25 AM)

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#25361493 - 08/02/18 07:23 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

It's like saying a man killing someone by accidentally dropping a hammer on his head is the same as a man brutally beating 10 people to death with a hammer. The comparisons are not there at all except that both died from a hammer lol.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25361501 - 08/02/18 07:29 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

But thats the important part. ("Killed by a hammer"). I am not saying its the same prelude. One is super political and involves a complete sociopath driving through a crowd. The other is political in a different way and only involves a few people and you wont hear about it on the news much. Obviously driving through a crowd is more fucked up. But in the end, an innocent person is dead

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#25361507 - 08/02/18 07:34 AM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

Awful point tbh :lol:

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25361519 - 08/02/18 07:50 AM (15 days, 6 hours ago)

Why should the mention of this event make such an impact on you?

*shrug*

I posted the article here in the first place. Make your own opinions.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service