Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRocksta
Sir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne
ID Request VIC mushrooms
    #25359553 - 08/01/18 07:54 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Hi All,

A little help confirming these mushrooms - if possible. 

They were found on the side of a road, growing in a mulch of leaves from gum trees.  They were almost cracker dry when I picked them but the stems had that darkish blue tinge to them.  I am assuming they had been overexposed to the sun and had dried out.

I hope there is enough information below and in the pictures.

2 Questions then -
Are these subs?
Are they still edible/potent even though they were almost dried out and quite discoloured.

Habitat:
In a mixed environment of pine trees and gum trees.  The mushrooms were amongst gum leaves, tufts of grass, small twigs etc.

Gills:
Would not spore print as they were already to dry. Pic shows the dried out gills.

Stem:
Didn't measure the stem length, the pictures show the colour that was seen.  Stems had a darkened blue tinge, caps were quite dark, brown to almost black - suspected from sun exposure. 

Cap:
Caps had already begun to shrivel so did not measure.  Colour had darkened and become dark brown - they appear burnt and were cracked.

Spore print color:
See above - too dry to print.

Bruising:
No bruising as the stems were not fresh.  There was blue colouring although faded.

Other information:
See pics.

Thanks for looking.

--------------------
Move along - nothing to see here.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMilesSupertramp
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: ID Request VIC mushrooms [Re: Rocksta]
    #25359617 - 08/01/18 09:10 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Question #1: super hard to tell.

Question #2: eat a couple and see what happens (totally joking, don't do that). If they are active then sun dried or no they'd still have some kick.

OfflineWedontallbornshark
Learning the ropes
Re: ID Request VIC mushrooms [Re: MilesSupertramp]
    #25360979 - 08/01/18 10:26 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even IF those are subs, I would NOT recommend eating those.

Galerinas grow in the same habit and will often turn black like the shrooms pictured, without a spore print, it's basically impossible to tell whether these are subs or very toxic.

Whilst the stems do look nice and blue, the caps have without a doubt started to rot. Which means some of the psychoactive chemicals have started to decay and you're looking at a very fucking messy and stomach cramped filled come up if you were to eat these.

Victoria still has at least a few weeks left in season, and it looks like you already know to cut the stems instead of pulling the shrooms straight out of the ground. If you can remember where you found these bois growing, come back a couple of days after it has rained, and be prepared to spore print the shrooms you do find asap. I recommend using plain water paper to make the prints as easy to identify as possible

OfflineRocksta
Sir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne
Re: ID Request VIC mushrooms [Re: Wedontallbornshark]
    #25361342 - 08/02/18 04:09 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the info.  Sounds unpleasant and certainly not what I am looking for.  I was about 80% certain these were subs but wanted to check with the community for some feedback.

Always learning new things :wink:

I dod remember where they were so may have to take a run out there after the next rains.

--------------------
Move along - nothing to see here.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request VIC mushrooms [Re: Rocksta]
    #25362421 - 08/02/18 05:42 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

They are to old to identify, however,  they do show promising characteristics,  keep an eye out for fresh specimens and repost. Always wait for a trusted identifier to make an identification before consuming any mushrooms.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification