Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nor Cal.
Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie
    #25358828 - 07/31/18 06:22 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hello I'm new to this site as far as being a member I've read a lot of tex and forums and I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without everybody here so I am so thankful I honestly didn't want to set up a membership or post till I had something really good to show because I've seen so many people state to read read read so that's what I've done now saying that I'm not a very good reader and I'm a stoner so I don't take in a lot of information all the time but I am meticulous and trying to do stuff the right way but I also am guilty of improvising and I should know better trust the people that have been there and done that anyway that being said I'm doing a wild bird seed Tek I followed Doc's to the T except for one mistake I put some coffee grounds in there and not only coffee grounds but fresh coffee grounds now I've read later on that coffee grounds can make soaking too acidic because of coffee before it spent I inoculated the jars 12 quart size jars of wild bird seed two-thirds of the way full I used Spore syringe from a reliable source from shroomery.org and shake my jars well after PC did not shake them after using Spore syringe to inoculate all my jars inoculated and showed growth after just a couple days now I have 10 beautiful jars fully inoculated and to that look like they've started to stall and I don't know if it's because of the wild bird seed being too dry or it's towards the bottom maybe not good gas exchange because there quart jars I need some help and now I'm about to do grain to grain transfer and I didn't find out the coffee was a bad idea to later I'm trying to find out if three to four weeks is too long for me to be waiting for a full colonization on wild bird seed from syringe in 78 degrees incubation or if this is average and if the coffee really isn't going to hurt my wild bird seed and it's okay to go ahead and do grain to grain transfer or if I'm better off starting over now I don't want to slow the grand to grain transfer down either with this beautiful mycellium and have a problem I don't want to mess up the Next Step or slow the process down these 10 jars look Picture Perfect according to the galleries please any help I'd greatly appreciate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: JackStaw70]
    #25358906 - 07/31/18 06:59 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Format that shit lol

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: JHOVA]
    #25358912 - 07/31/18 07:04 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

:whathesaid:

What I gathered...

You followed docTs wbs prep(but didnt) now they stalled.
You also used fresh coffee and never ever heard of a period before.

Solution? Toss n try again. No coffee!! Post pics. Agar.

:ancientaliens:

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

#25358971 - 07/31/18 07:25 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Dunno

That's a ramble.  Can you break it down some?  And provide pics?

Are your jars full colonized?  Is that what you meant by 'fully inoculated'?  If not, why are you considering g2g transfer?  Maybe you dont know they should be fully colonized when you do that.

4 weeks is too long to wait for full colonization if you shake your jars, but if you don't, it can take that long.

--------------------

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.  -Noam Chomsky

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #25384753 - 08/13/18 12:41 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Oh thank you for all those who try to take a stab at that for me update I threw the wild birds seed oway the reason my grain had stalled was it was dry so I did new wild bird seed and did grain to grain transfer and within 5 days had beautiful healthy jars of fully colonized white mycelium and have just spawned them 4 days ago to my monotub bulk substrate I did damion's 50/50 but my problem is I followed the instructions for the one flush wonders and he did not put a casing layer but in damion's 50/50 he does put a casing layer and in the one flush wonders he says he follows damion's 50/50 to the T but obviously not if he's not putting a casing layer so I didn't put a casing layer I've tried to find a lot of information but everything that I'm finding on casing layers whether it's better or worse seems to be opinion A lot of people say that it helps pin set and moisture which all sound good but with these one flush wonders he doesn't seem to be using it and getting great results in closing I like to apologize for my punctuation I am using talk-to-text I am dyslexic so it's very hard for me to write I do read pretty well but English was never one of my strong subject so I apologize also a lot of the information that I'm finding also is about poo and not Coco choir thank you everyone

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25384757 - 08/13/18 12:47 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some pics

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25384758 - 08/13/18 12:47 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25384768 - 08/13/18 01:00 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I'm hoping to start my wbs jars soon so can't speak from experience but I have read that a casing layer can be a matter of preference.

What size is the tub you are using?
Maybe it's too late but instead of doing 1 big mono tub, could you split your spawn between 2 smaller tubs and run an experiment, one with casing layer, one with out and see which works best in your environment?

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Trusted Cultivator
    #25384875 - 08/13/18 03:58 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Don't even let the idea of casing cross your mind for the time being. You don't need to case Cubensis to have an awesome grow. That's good to hear you didn't give up and instead just cooked up some more WBS so you could give it another go..! Sounds like you're on the right path :thumbup:

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: Psicomb]
    #25386521 - 08/13/18 08:06 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

You guys rock, thanks. pics of amazing blanket of mycelium in monotub are next I'm so stoked. Looks like a winter Christmas morning

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25386597 - 08/13/18 08:41 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

:rockon: Hell yeah, keep us updated.

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25386863 - 08/13/18 11:35 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JackStaw70 said:
You guys rock, thanks. pics of amazing blanket of mycelium in monotub are next I'm so stoked. Looks like a winter Christmas morning

:botgirl:

Sweet

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: Bumholio]
    #25391562 - 08/16/18 03:29 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Well here's some pics, of my 66 quart sterilite monotubs. 5 quarts of Spawn, 650 g of Coco choir dry, and two quarts of course vermiculite. I see nothing but white across the top of all substrate. And they all have the tape over the holes, and the lids closed. I have not opened them but I have a lot of condensation all over lid and walls. little Dew droplets all over the colonized substrate it looks 100% to me but this is my first grow and I'm concerned with all the moisture I've got moisture dripping down the side of my tubs. some going on the outside of the liner some of my liners have fallen down or weren't snug to the wall. some of them have drips of water standing on the substrate that have ran down the walls and the liner the colonized substrate. as seen in the first picture in the top Center you can see little standing puddle of water. is it too early for me to take the tape off and start putting poly fill in for good FAE? Thanks for any help I greatly appreciate it I don't want to mess up now I feel like I'm so close.

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25391564 - 08/16/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25391570 - 08/16/18 03:44 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say standing water on the sub is not ideal.

Froot the fucker :youdidit:

--------------------

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25391572 - 08/16/18 03:47 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25391582 - 08/16/18 04:13 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25391595 - 08/16/18 04:41 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome I'm excited I thought eight days migitht be too early. Do you think it looks colonised enough or do you think I should be fruiting it beause of the standing water as a threat to my entire operation. Trust me I'm excited to start fruiting. I'm not doubting you I just want to make sure that I know the details on how you came to that conclusion just so that I can better understand and diagnose problems or timing thank you so much.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25391714 - 08/16/18 06:14 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, feel free to put it into fruiting; I would. It's pretty much fully colonized. Also, don't worry too much about the water. If you made your tub field capacity it will be fine, just dab up any pools of water in the tub if you have them (a few large, loose drops on the surface never ruined a tub for me / small beads of water across the surface is one of the ideal conditions of a good grow).

The water going down the sides just means that it is warmer inside the tub than outside, nothing to worry about. It is just condensation. Your tub really doesn't look oversaturated to me. Nice work :fire:

--------------------

- nick sand

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbiey [Re: Psicomb]
    #25395876 - 08/18/18 08:37 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So there seemed to be a lot more water on the mycelium once I opened up the chamber. I saw water spots with freestanding puddles . With a gloved hand and paper towel to soak up any water pulling on top of the mycelium but now I'm noticing a mycelium like it's been damaged cuz now I see part of the substrate showing through what is was nice solid white mycelium. have I damage my mycelium? is the tub ruined?is there anything I can do? Please any of the other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbiey [Re: JackStaw70]
    #25395942 - 08/18/18 09:28 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So here's a pic of what it looks like now and what it looked like before

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25395954 - 08/18/18 09:34 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about babying any tub at this stage, it will be whatever it will be.

If you're worried it's bacterial, loosen your poly so it gets more fresh air thus being less hospitable to bacteria.

Aside from that focus on your next round being clean, it's just a waiting game on your tub now.

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbiey [Re: filthyknees]
    #25396130 - 08/18/18 11:01 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So I think I made a mistake .I have my tubs in the fruiting area. I put it in my bathroom cuz it's the cleanest room and I don't utilize that one bathroom. but my shower curtain is pretty old and I was going to get a new shower curtain today but I sprayed it down with Lysol last night and then close the door. and now I'm noticing a lot less white on the top of all my tubs substrate could I have killed some of the mycellium from some fumes. What do polyfill have filtered it? Should I change my policy on in case there's some Lysol still exchanging? I did a search but I don't see anything for that I'll post before and after pictures right now top it off please thank you

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25396133 - 08/18/18 11:05 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25396158 - 08/18/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Alright I also did Pat down the surface of the mycelium with a paper towel yesterday there was a lot of standing water I don't know if I could have bruised mycelium

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25396267 - 08/18/18 12:27 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry so much. Start working on your next projects...

No amount of paying attention to it or some special effort now will change the outcome. Monotubs are set and forget!

--------------------

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbiey [Re: filthyknees]
    #25396596 - 08/18/18 02:38 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

filthyknees said:
Don't worry so much. Start working on your next projects...

No amount of paying attention to it or some special effort now will change the outcome. Monotubs are set and forget!

I'm gonna echo this as well. 

You should honestly ignore it until you see knots / pins and even keep ignoring after that point. I say don't mess with it til harvest so you can see it do its thing.

--------------------

- nick sand

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbiey [Re: Psicomb]
    #25397071 - 08/18/18 07:04 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks everyone i will wait and see . what about the little bit of standing water between the liner and the tub, from condensation on the wall? is that a problem or can I just let it be? You guys rock I appreciate your help so much

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25397081 - 08/18/18 07:13 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Edit: whoops, misunderstood. Just leave the water, it's no big deal at all. I have that with all my tubs that have liners and I've never noticed it messing anything up ever.

Hope it goes well, we're all cheerin' for ya

--------------------

- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (08/18/18 07:17 PM)

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25402948 - 08/21/18 01:08 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

OMG!!!! I got little pins everywhere. so excited you guys rock, thanks for all the help!! Have pics soon as they develop more.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25402957 - 08/21/18 01:18 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JackStaw70 said:
OMG!!!! I got little pins everywhere. so excited you guys rock, thanks for all the help!! Have pics soon as they develop more.

:thumbsup:

--------------------

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25403067 - 08/21/18 02:26 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Post some pics along the way!!

--------------------

- nick sand

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25412918 - 08/25/18 04:40 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25412931 - 08/25/18 04:48 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

you guys r so awesome I followed and look where I am

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25413240 - 08/25/18 07:23 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JackStaw70 said:

Sexy ass tub!!!  Beautiful work.

--------------------

- nick sand

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25413625 - 08/26/18 12:08 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackStaw70 said:

Yes mate, fucking awesome!! :carlton:

--------------------

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25413920 - 08/26/18 06:37 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Oh mah gawd :homerdrool:

Good work, now the trick is to keep doing it consistently.

--------------------

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: filthyknees]
    #25414076 - 08/26/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

http:// well ,I've got 21 perfectly colonized wild bird seed for the next batch the next batch is right behind it done exactly the same way everything looks Picture Perfect, from before with no aborts and I'm very happy ,!

OfflineJackStaw70
learning
Male User Gallery

#25414124 - 08/26/18 08:49 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Can I stall in the refrigerator is fully colonized wild bird seed will that stall it enough to fill my substrate without damaging it please help ready for next batch. And thank you

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25415608 - 08/26/18 09:13 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I'd go get more tub supplies, or spawn some and expand some before I would refridgerate.

But you can. If it's only a few days I wouldn't bother refridgerating. Also the search engine.

--------------------

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: filthyknees]
    #25415635 - 08/26/18 09:25 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

filthyknees said: Also the search engine.

:whathesaid: we're here to help, but questions like this have been asked a thousand times: you'll get faster results using the search function... Be sure and pay mind to the dates, for information is ever evolving, streamlining the process, and eliminating misinformation and unnecessary practice... Also, we spawn in open air and thus our substrate is full of contaminants from that day forward... We generate spawn in sterile conditions so that we have a healthy living culture present that has a chance to colonize the substrate before contaminant spores have a chance to germinate and grow to be an issue... if your spawn is clean(and conditions (field capacity, FAE, and surface moisture) are properly maintained), your tub will flush... no need to have it in "the cleanest room of the house"... What will be will be, no amount of stress is going to change it... concentrate on sterile technique generating spawn, and with experience you'll realize that they don't need much love

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Please help First bulk WBS grow please help the Newbie [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25415997 - 08/27/18 02:18 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Caps McGee said:
Quote:

filthyknees said: Also the search engine.

... What will be will be

:whathesaid: que sera sera

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom