Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoop
The Rookie

NEED CONTAMINATION INPUT FROM THE EXPERTS :)
    #2533201 - 04/06/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Let me tell you a story so just bare with me.  I ordered two syringes about 2 months ago from a vendor on this site (confidential to protect their image).  One was Hautla (sp?) and the other Mazetapec.

I just started to fruit my 6 jars of Mazetapec and everything seems to be okay with them.  On the other hand, I made up some jars with the Hautla spores using very clean methods, only to have NONE of the jars with any colonization and a very sweet, yucky smell within.  I knew right off the bat that due to the smell and time with no colonization, the jars had to be contamed.

My main question is this.  Would you think that the Hautla spores were contamed from the beginning??  I used the remaining spores to go through the Karo Tek, and they are starting to colonize inside the mixture.  If the spores are contamed, I don't want to waste time and money to go through with them again.

On the other hand, do you think it could have been the Verm or Organic Rye Flour??  I used the exact same stuff on the Mazetapecs and things seem to have worked out fine with them.  Do keep in mind that all of the jars turned out the same.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!! :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: NEED CONTAMINATION INPUT FROM THE EXPERTS :) [Re: coop]
    #2534379 - 04/07/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"Do keep in mind that all of the jars turned out the same"

Just the Hautla jars ?
Anyway, it does look like a contaminated syringe. You should PM or email the vendor and explain him what happened.
PM me if you need further advice.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

Re: NEED CONTAMINATION INPUT FROM THE EXPERTS :) [Re: MAIA]
    #2535252 - 04/07/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I contacted the vendor and they were nice enough to send me a syringe of Puerto Ricans at no charge to me.  So, I guess basically I should discard the jar of spores made using the Karo Tek with this syringe.

Oh, another thought that I just had.  With regards to the Karo Tek, does the entire mixture contain spores, or is it just the white clouds??  The reason I ask is because I had success with another syringe using this tek, and I sucked up all of the white clouds with an empty syringe.  The thing is, the clouds stay together.  So, does that mean when I inject the cloud into the substrate that is the only part that will grow??  I'm just confused on this because if the other liquid inside contains spores too, then I'm wasting some :smile:  Thanks!!

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2535576 - 04/07/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The clouds are conglomerates of mycelium. An effort should be taken to break these masses up in order to have a more homogenous mixture. When you draw a cloud through a needle tip a fair amount of mycelial shearing will occur. I method I have employed to increase this is repeated drawing through the needle tip.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2539098 - 04/08/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Most spores germinate to create mycelium which seem like clouds, when they are restricted to a liquid medium such as karo.
So, "the clouds" are the result of the germination of spores. If spores germinate you'll have no spores but you are now on the next stage of fungal development which is mycelium.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures