Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Malt Extract, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
can i use a dry shroom?
    #2535007 - 04/07/04 02:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone, i have been going mushrooms like agaricus and ocassional panalous campanutatus and stuff, but recently ive been more interested in growing cyanscens or cubensis or something really potent such as these... my problem is that i live in california where i can get no spores, and im only an intermediate hunter and probably wouldnt recognize the many species of cubensis if i tried... is it possible to get spores from already dried shrooms? or have they already dropped in the drying process? i was hoping if i went and bought an eighth of shrooms, if i took a sterilized knife and scraped the gills that maybe some pores would fall and i could make a syringe or that syrup tek with the myc. does anyone know?! has anyone tried this?

another quick question, if i rehydrated the shroom stipe could i clone it like u would with a fresh shroom? or would it just mold and not decompose with the myc?

replys are  Gladly  appreciated!  :laugh:

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: can i use a dry shroom? *DELETED* [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2535029 - 04/07/04 02:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Re: can i use a dry shroom? [Re: freakygurl]
    #2535167 - 04/07/04 02:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

that doesnt answer my question, first of all i have like 150 sterilized glass petri dishes, and about a gallon of MEA (malt extract agar) i have no problem with germination and contaminant problems, i just need spores and i cant buy them cause i live in california, i was asking if it was possible to revive a cyanscens if i bought an eighth from someone... or if i stuck the dried gills in the MEA if they would have any spores on them to colonize...

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: can i use a dry shroom? [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2535185 - 04/07/04 02:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

then yes its possible, but goin to take work. Dry shroom spores aren't sterile. Therfore on your first petri dish you're goin to have growth of other bacteria. You have to clone till you get a clean sample.

OfflineLateForTheFuture
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#2535409 - 04/07/04 03:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This would be possible with a sterile cotton swab, simply wet the tip of the swab and swipe all along the gils and transfer to an agar dish. You may get some very unsterile transfers at first, but you should get a good isolation of myeclium in time. Good luck :-)

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Re: can i use a dry shroom? [Re: LateForTheFuture]
    #2535450 - 04/07/04 03:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thanks lateforthefuture ill try that, im going to buy an eighth of cyanscens today and ill try swabbing it... would h202 (peroxide) kill the spores if i put that on the swab to reduce contams?

--------------------

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #2535788 - 04/07/04 05:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There was a good thread: "clone from dried caps" in advanced cult. on 3/1/04 that got many replies.

--------------------
"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Malt Extract, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation