Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ * 1
    #25342792 - 07/23/18 05:28 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe its just me but I just had to book  an appointment to get my ID over a month in advance because they  are booked solid till then.  Didn't know that could happen.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #25342813 - 07/23/18 05:47 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Jeez. where the hell is that?

--------------------

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: blackhawk] * 1
    #25342857 - 07/23/18 06:10 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Honolulu,  I don't get it I'm not pissed but I'm definitely confused.

--------------------

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #25342860 - 07/23/18 06:12 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Did you book online?

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #25342900 - 07/23/18 06:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

My DMV gets pretty busy. The trick is to go about an hour before they open. Even then there is still a long line, but it goes fast. These people must be camping out in the lot or leave their house at 5 in the morning.

Most DMV stuff should be available online

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #25342903 - 07/23/18 06:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I went there in person not knowing what was waiting for me, apparently Honolulu is the only city that serves the whole island for what I need.

--------------------

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25343143 - 07/23/18 08:13 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
My DMV gets pretty busy. The trick is to go about an hour before they open. Even then there is still a long line, but it goes fast. These people must be camping out in the lot or leave their house at 5 in the morning.

Most DMV stuff should be available online

There's people who do that but they camp out to catch the people appointment  who dont show up instead,  or so I was told

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25343713 - 07/24/18 05:23 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Honolulu be packed to da MAX Braddahz!

It is a huge city so :shrug:

Offlinecinderblock
Failed Conformist

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25343979 - 07/24/18 08:55 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I recently moved from Los Angeles to Cleveland, Ohio.

Going to the DMV was a culture shock.

No more than three people in line. I had to register my car under Ohio, get my license card, Ohio plate, stickers, etc, so I had to get in three or four different lines. Half the times, there was no one in line.

I had severe dread and anxiety prior to going there, but I was pleasantly surprised. The process I went through is an all day affair in Los Angeles with workers who hate their lives.

Edited by cinderblock (07/24/18 08:55 AM)

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: cinderblock]
    #25344435 - 07/24/18 01:36 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cinderblock said:

No more than three people in line. I had to register my car under Ohio, get my license card, Ohio plate, stickers, etc, so I had to get in three or four different lines. Half the times, there was no one in line.

I had severe dread and anxiety prior to going there, but I was pleasantly surprised. The process I went through is an all day affair in Los Angeles with workers who hate their lives.

I'm from Dayton it just depends on the day but that's not unusual.  T

--------------------

Offlinecinderblock
Failed Conformist

#25347226 - 07/25/18 11:26 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:
Quote:

cinderblock said:

How's Dayton compared to Cleveland?

I moved to Cleveland because it was one of the cheapest places to buy a house, which I really wanted, because I was tired to moving every 6 to 12 months. I could never buy a house in LA. The same house that goes for $30K in Cleveland will go for $700K in LA.

Granted, the only drawback that I didn't foresee at all is the amount of repairs and maintenance you have to make on an annual basis here. Your house gets utterly thrashed by the extreme climate and wild life. I probably spent around $10K in repairs and landscaping last year, and this year's looking pretty similar... I'll have to do tuckpointing, get new gutters, and I recently hired raccoon trappers to get them out of my attic (they destroyed two gable vents and power vent... and insulation in the attic... it's gonna be a couple thousand in repair. I'm trying to see if insurance will help me out. Otherwise, I can't afford it), so I've started thinking owning a house isn't necessarily cheaper than renting, at least not in Cleveland, where rent is dirt cheap.

In contrast, my dad had to paint his house once in the 25 years he owned it.

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: If you thought the DMV where you lived was bad........ [Re: cinderblock]
    #25347255 - 07/26/18 12:21 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cinderblock said:
Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:
Quote:

cinderblock said:

I moved to Cleveland because it was one of the cheapest places to buy a house, which I really wanted, because I was tired to moving every 6 to 12 months. I could never buy a house in LA. The same house that goes for $30K in Cleveland will go for $700K in LA.

Granted, the only drawback that I didn't foresee at all is the amount of repairs and maintenance you have to make on an annual basis here. Your house gets utterly thrashed by the extreme climate and wild life. I probably spent around $10K in repairs and landscaping last year, and this year's looking pretty similar... I'll have to do tuckpointing, get new gutters, and I recently hired raccoon trappers to get them out of my attic (they destroyed two gable vents and power vent... and insulation in the attic... it's gonna be a couple thousand in repair. I'm trying to see if insurance will help me out. Otherwise, I can't afford it), so I've started thinking owning a house isn't necessarily cheaper than renting, at least not in Cleveland, where rent is dirt cheap.

Dayton was rated one of the cheapest cities in the U.S. I was able to pay for an apartment on minimum wage,  never rented a place for over $500

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25347268 - 07/26/18 12:35 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I hope your laat name is McLovin :datass:

Offlinecinderblock
Failed Conformist

#25347498 - 07/26/18 06:32 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:
Quote:

cinderblock said:
Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:
Quote:

cinderblock said:

Dayton was rated one of the cheapest cities in the U.S. I was able to pay for an apartment on minimum wage,  never rented a place for over $500

That's fantastic. Cheapest rent I ever paid was $800 sharing a small 2-bedroom apartment (500 sq ft) with three other people. We also didn't get an air conditioner, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, etc. like you do here in many rental units. We also only got one parking space. Otherwise, we had to park outside, and my car got egged on and swiped twice in a year.

Cheapest studio I went to was $900 a month in 2005, and it was basically a 150 sq ft shack with phone booth bathroom. No AC, no fridge, not even a gas range.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom