Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. * 1
    #25346183 - 07/25/18 12:46 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Alright so another post just sparked this one and i'm curious if anyone else has any info regarding psilocybin and its effects on the various side effects of menopause.

I ask because i'm now dealing with the SECOND woman that has seen around 90%relief from their menopause symptoms.

My girl was having terrible symptoms.
Extreme night sweats and burning hot
Flush face randomly throughout the day
Mood swings
Almost confusing frustration
Sleep deprivation for days on end
Headaches

She had these symptoms for over a year every single day and night with no relief.

She had mushrooms for the first time and it was a rough trip but ended positively.

We didn't sleep that night we just stayed up talking after. Next day we were exhausted but I noticed she wasn't getting the red face flashes. Her body temperature seemed to be pretty normal (her skin would be on fire sometimes, hot to the touch like she had 109 degree fever). She didn't complain about a headache at all.  I figured she was just too exhausted to even have symptoms.

That night she slept right through the night. I woke up and she was asleep which hadn't happened in a year.  Usually if I move she wakes right up.  Again I figured she was just exhausted beyond comprehension.

So Sunday rolls around,  she slept in which has never happened in all the years ive known her.  We're both up around 530 with no alarm clock. I was up she slept until 7.

A few hours later she noticed her body temperature was basically normal. Her face wasn't getting flush,  no headaches and she was supremely stable emotionally.

By the next weekend the symptoms crept back in and it was very noticeable, but definitely not as bad as before.  She was really bummed out.  But too scared to dose again because we had a lot of shit to do all weekend.

I figured micro dose.  She went for it.  But alas it just made her uncomfortable and antisocial.  Which it does to me as well.

So that didn't help,  but she was much better off.  Occasional hot flashes.  Occasional face flushing ...but doesn't last long and seems to be induced by wine.  Even just a sip she turns red.
No headaches. Night hot flashes get her all sweaty and gross which totally blows because it makes falling back to sleep difficult,  but at least not impossible like before. And she's not having flash after flash after flash like before.

She doses when she can,  every couple months or whatever and every single time,  she gets about 4-5 days of nearly 100 percent relief...

I chalked this up to a one off and figured it was just her.
But alas... her friend,  let's call her Terry. Just turned 49, and complaining about her awful menopause symptoms.  My girl explains the relief she got. "In this desperate situation women will try anything, and are often sent in circles for years with doctors with little to no relief". My girl says "doctors and the fda are cash farmers and we're the livestock."
I agree whole heartedly.

So Terry came over that Friday,  I gave her 3.5 grams. She had a strong body trip,  with almost zero visuals. My girl didn't trip and I did.  I took 3.5 grams same batch of tea had a great trip loaded with visuals and very uplifting.

Terry reported almost 10 days with symptom relief. Same symptoms as my girl.  Even longer relief.  We've shared a bunch with her since.  Roughly the same frequency as my girl.

Is there any science on this issue?
Has anyone had similar experiences?
Are there any medical professionals working on this?

Side note... almost all experiences were with my strongest panaeolous cinctulus. Manure monsters. However a couple were with psilocybe cubensis,  home cultivated(not by me)... both of those Terry reported not getting the same relief but some.  Didn't last as long and her hot flashes during the day seemed almost the same as before dosing.

Thanks for reading.  Contributions wanted.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25346212 - 07/25/18 12:59 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

ugh.  i don't have input but i'm gonna be in your situation any day now, i just know it.

def following and glad your girl and let's call her Terry got relief.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: relic] * 1
    #25346218 - 07/25/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Haha.. hey good luck.  If it's your girl and you love her,  wear a helmet.  That's all I can say.  Because when it comes on, trust me, it's not her it's you :smile:

For the love of God don't even bring it up before the tenth time she's said it,  just keep denying.  That's your only saving grace. No baby its not menopause... that will be your mantra.

It's rough being the partner,  I can only imagine how devastating it is in their head.  Ive never seen such an intelligent relaxed fun girl so stressed and frustrated and confused. 3rd year running.  Definitely creates issues,  but I love her more than anything so we're both learning how to not drive each other away. Very hard...

--------------------

Edited by Steveinshell (07/25/18 01:04 PM)

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#25346289 - 07/25/18 01:51 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

lol i totally get it, man. 

we've been together for around 22 years and known each other for over 30 so i've been joking about it for several years now, sort of laying the groundwork if you know what i mean.

wife is always cold, right up until she's hot.  there is like a 3F degree in between layer where she's just right...something like 80 to 83...so i actually can't wait and have secretly begged the gods for one prolonged hot flash. :lol:

joking aside, it has to be tough on women and i'm not looking forward to my level headed, laid back tripping partner transforming into a femimonster.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: relic]
    #25346295 - 07/25/18 01:54 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

but, genetics might work in her favor.  her mom didn't even know she was in menopause--she's really not the brightest, sorry to say--and the doctor told her that she had probably been easing into it for a couple years by the point she had her hormone levels tested. 

mom's symptoms were minimal and my wife's grandmother had a similar experience.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25346306 - 07/25/18 02:01 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Lol... since she's your tripping partner getting her to take her medicine will be MUCH A EASIER ENDEAVOR than what I ho though lol.  The stars and planets all have to align right at sundown and the blood from a baby goat had to roll southward from the rocks.  Otherwise she's too busy hahaha...

I'm glad you have been laying the ground work ahead of time.  I was 35 years old when this shit started,  I had no fucking idea what I was in for. 

Yeah when you did the math in your head i'm 37 she's 53. Been together for almost 10 years. This hit me like a freight train.  Had no idea what was going on.  I thought she just lost her fucking mind one day. I was like, well she's snapped..

Just to be very clear she did snap.  She is still in the snapping process.  More than just a couple tweaks from a healthy mindset.  And it's all because of menopause.

Sure there's many days where it's all completely normal.  But then you say the wrong thing the wrong way,  and whoa.  Wtf just happened?

Like throwing a hornet's nest in a closet then stripping naked and river dancing in there with them..

It's truly a lose lose

But the girl I love is still right there.  Now she's just got a rabid wild animal inside waiting to attack.

--------------------

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25346307 - 07/25/18 02:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:
but, genetics might work in her favor.  her mom didn't even know she was in menopause--she's really not the brightest, sorry to say--and the doctor told her that she had probably been easing into it for a couple years by the point she had her hormone levels tested. 

mom's symptoms were minimal and my wife's grandmother had a similar experience.

Fingers crossed for you..

If you ever need a taste,  come over I'll make some coffee and teach you a few key words to really get things shaking..

--------------------

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#25346402 - 07/25/18 02:53 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

hahaha, had a real life chuckle there...and a knowing, or at least commiserating, nod or two.

i wish you and your girl nothing but the best, friend, and godspeed for being done with it.  i'm glad the mushrooms provided some relief, even if temporary.

hang in there; this too shall pass :wink:

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

#25346408 - 07/25/18 02:55 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha thanks.  :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#25346830 - 07/25/18 07:22 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

so did microdosing work? I scanned but did not see,
I noted that a full monthly dose gives 4 days relief.
Is that all that we have here for menopause...

My wife has the hot and cold etc. but does not want to trip, just takes wine.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25346878 - 07/25/18 07:41 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

There was some relief but not as long lived as a full dose.  Consider a micro dosing option, standard rotation every 3 days or so.  Then just explain a full dose will do so much to help.  Maybe she will change her tune.

--------------------

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
    #25347390 - 07/26/18 04:20 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting thread. It would be good if this info was put out there more widely and gets corroboration from more women.

My wife is not yet there but I get chills only thinking that she could get even moodier when the time comes :lol:

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: Inflaton]
    #25347851 - 07/26/18 10:25 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

She can and will buddy...

It's such a hard desperate time for women and the options from the doctor are dangerous,  ineffective and basically all financially driven garbage options.

Hormone therapy that is linked to cancer is a huge option.  Plus anti depressants that are terrible for your mind and body.

Or the worst option of all... nothing.

My girl started smoking/eating weed and edibles. It would help with the mood for a few hours. No other symptoms were helped,  and she can't be high at work so the suffering was mandatory basically.

I'm pushing for her to trip again,  as it's been a while and she kind of needs it.  Not for my benefit,  for her own. My benefit is just a positive little side note.

--------------------

OfflineMollyClarkson
Stranger
    #26837426 - 07/22/20 01:42 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

first time I hear about it
thanks for warning

OfflineRyanPaterson
Stranger
    #26850785 - 07/28/20 09:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ahhaha
yeah
:cool:I agree
:mad:

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: RyanPaterson] * 1
    #26851054 - 07/29/20 02:25 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OK ladygirl weighing in here.  Not menopause, but lady-bits related.

I suffer from Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD).  It is a horrible hell-in-a-handcart shitfest for 12 days of every month - depression, uncontrollable rage, suicidal thoughts, brain fog, irritability and frustration.  My physical symptoms are minimal, but many sufferers have those too.

I've now done a couple of macrodoses and have microdosed for 2.5 months, and I'm basically feeling cured... Which after 20 years of untreatable horror, is fucking miraculous.  Now, for most PMDD people, we don't actually have abnormal hormone levels - but our brains hyper-react to our hormone changes after ovulation.  No-one knows why.  Hardly anyone studies this shit because pharma are far more interested in dudes that can't get erections (which is studied at 5x the rate of menstrual issues for women).

Anyhoo, I digress.

I just wanted to chime in and say that after my experience, this all sounds perfectly plausible and makes sense to me.  Will anyone study it?  Probably not.  Society at large doesn't really care about our suffering. As it stands, it takes an average of 12 years to get diagnosed with PMDD - despite the suicide attempt rate being at 30% for us.

The awesome news? MICRODOSING IS CURING US IN GREAT NUMBERS :smile:

As for microdosing, I urge you, pleeeeease get her to give that another go if she didn't give it a good try first time around.  Dosage matters so much and the side effects you mention often mean that you're taking too much.  Most people start at 100mg and if they feel something, go down from there until you don't get the antisocial/uncomfortable effects.  Even if you're not feeling anything, stick with it for 3 weeks and see what the cumulative effects are. 

Seriously, microdosing has changed my life.  If you can't find a low enough dose without side effects, try dosing in the evenings instead.  I absolutely cannot dose in the day because even the tiniest dose (5mg) makes me feel tired and demotivated.  So I got back up to a beneficial dose (80mg) and just chill out in the evening now.  I sleep fine as long as I take it 4-5 hours before bed.

Good luck.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: Nearwildheaven]
    #26851163 - 07/29/20 05:58 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Nearwildheaven said:
OK ladygirl weighing in here.  Not menopause, but lady-bits related.

I suffer from Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD).  It is a horrible hell-in-a-handcart shitfest for 12 days of every month - depression, uncontrollable rage, suicidal thoughts, brain fog, irritability and frustration.  My physical symptoms are minimal, but many sufferers have those too.

I've now done a couple of macrodoses and have microdosed for 2.5 months, and I'm basically feeling cured... Which after 20 years of untreatable horror, is fucking miraculous.  Now, for most PMDD people, we don't actually have abnormal hormone levels - but our brains hyper-react to our hormone changes after ovulation.  No-one knows why.  Hardly anyone studies this shit because pharma are far more interested in dudes that can't get erections (which is studied at 5x the rate of menstrual issues for women).

Anyhoo, I digress.

I just wanted to chime in and say that after my experience, this all sounds perfectly plausible and makes sense to me.  Will anyone study it?  Probably not.  Society at large doesn't really care about our suffering. As it stands, it takes an average of 12 years to get diagnosed with PMDD - despite the suicide attempt rate being at 30% for us.

The awesome news? MICRODOSING IS CURING US IN GREAT NUMBERS :smile:

As for microdosing, I urge you, pleeeeease get her to give that another go if she didn't give it a good try first time around.  Dosage matters so much and the side effects you mention often mean that you're taking too much.  Most people start at 100mg and if they feel something, go down from there until you don't get the antisocial/uncomfortable effects.  Even if you're not feeling anything, stick with it for 3 weeks and see what the cumulative effects are. 

Seriously, microdosing has changed my life.  If you can't find a low enough dose without side effects, try dosing in the evenings instead.  I absolutely cannot dose in the day because even the tiniest dose (5mg) makes me feel tired and demotivated.  So I got back up to a beneficial dose (80mg) and just chill out in the evening now.  I sleep fine as long as I take it 4-5 hours before bed.

Good luck.

which dose and frequency did you follow?
I want to help my wife too

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26851619 - 07/29/20 11:26 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Wow this is pretty interesting, gonna have to share this knowledge with people.

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26852371 - 07/29/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

which dose and frequency did you follow?
I want to help my wife too

Hey there, I landed at 80mg (0.08g), taken in the evenings, every third day.  But I can't stress enough how personal this is.  Everyone needs to experiment with dosage to find their sweet spot. If you have unwanted side effects, the dose is generally too high, so taper down.  Start at 100mg and go up or down from there as needed.  Effects can be cumulative, so stick with it for at least a few weeks even if you don't feel it at first.

Also scheduling seems very personal too - I couldn't handle 4 days on and 3 off, because dosing makes me tired no matter how low I go (I'm super sensitive to mushrooms, as I've found out!) so decided on a dose that does make me feel a tad stoned (80mg - most people would not even feel that) and just take it in the evenings, because the benefits over the following two days are amazing.

I also take an extra half dose 2 days before my period as things can get pretty gnarly at that time and it seems to help.

But most of my symptoms are at a 0-2 for the 12 days while MDing, when usually they would be up around a 7-10.

The microdosing subreddit is a handy tool if you want to point your wife towards that.  Just search for 'microdosing' within that sub and there will be quite a few testimonies.

Spread the word.  This is life changing for women, and the men who love them. :heart:

OfflineLyme.girl
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin effects on menopause... a long one sorry. [Re: Nearwildheaven]
    #26853162 - 07/30/20 09:03 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for sharing the details of your healing experience. I have had a Lyme disease for over 40 years (only recently diagnosed) and it has permanently disabled me. I have a Lyme Literate Doctor and have tried various treatments. There is no cure once it’s been in one’s system this long. I have just started using mushrooms and I have been astonished at the healing I’m feeling during and after my experiences. At present, I’ve been doing a high end microdose once a week (.5 grams). The healing (relief from pain, insomnia mainly) has been significant and noticeable. I’m only 2 weeks in so and I’m only getting relief for about a day.

Based on what you’ve shared, I will try adding a smaller microdose mid week. .15 g is a dose where I don’t feel it so i’ll try that.

I’m very encouraged by your experience and healing. I wish there was a group on healing (I saw one on cancer, but nothing else). I would like to find more stories similar to yours and learn what is working for people. I feel like this story is kind of buried under the psychedelic experience thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder