Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemuski1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Problems with my monotubs
    #25345879 - 07/25/18 11:57 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I have been growing cubensis in monotubs successfully multiple times in the past, using exactly the same method: Using corn and then bulking to coir + vermiculite + used coffee grounds.

I have now three tubs growing, wich all seem to be having problems. It is currently really warm in my apartment (+28c), because there is a heat wave in my country, and i dont have AC. I think that might be the reason, but im not sure.

Box n.1:
I Had one flush from this one, wich was really nice (before the weather got this warm). After that it broke into many pieces when i was trying to dunk it (now i dunk by just filling the tub with water, rather than putting it into another box). The next flush was really poor, as you can see from the photo.

Link to photo:
https://image.ibb.co/eZzozT/rikkoutunu_rihmasto.jpg

Box n.2:

This one was a new strain for me (Thai). It is giving its first flush and it is really slow. u can see only few small mushrooms, and they look bad..

Link to photo:
https://image.ibb.co/iREz68/thai_eka_eikasva.jpg

Box n.3.

This one gave one flush and i dunked it after that. now it is growing just few mushrooms, mostly on the sides, and they have been falling on theyre own.

Link to photo:
https://image.ibb.co/gcLiYo/tokaflushi_kaatuilee.jpg

Thank you for your help already in advance. If the problem is not the heat, i would like to know what it is. If it is the heat, maybe you have some ideas on how i could  drop the heat in my apartment, without having to buy expensive ac, because im broke right now.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline7munkee
Berilion
Male User Gallery

Loc: North east US Flag
Re: Problems with my monotubs [Re: muski1]
    #25345913 - 07/25/18 12:18 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

For starters,ditch the coffee grounds.  They are just contamination magnets. Soak your grains in water with LIQUID COFFEE.

Also, is that vermiculite on top of your substrate?  Some people case with verm, but I have never had any luck doing it.  IF i'm going to case,and I rarely do, I use a very thin layer of CVG.  Never vermiculite alone.

Each flush will have differing quantities and qualities.  Dont stress on the amount.  there is only so much food for the myc to convert into fruits,and we have little or no control on how much each flush will produce.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation