Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYash
Stranger
Floating/Flying in your Dreams.
    #2534400 - 04/07/04 11:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, for the past week i have been having very strange dreams which are simplistic in nature but physically they are just weird. I sleep about 2/3 am every night and then i snooze off only to feel myself being pulled from my body. I get this pain in my chest and head and i feel myself being dragged upwards out of my body...and it hurts...at this point it isnt really a dream but a nightmare becasue im scared. Then im lifted and i sense no gravity at all, as though i am floating. This past week my dreams are blurred i dont really experience anything spiritual but find myself floating (1st person with no sense of gravity) around my aunt's house, my room ,my parents house and even outside my own house.

I did a little reading and i believe it could be some respitory problem becasue whilst i am floating i breathe through my nose and not my mouth (i have tried and its impossible to breathe thorugh my mouth as though its blocked).

But the reason im posting this is becasue i have never felt a dream like this before. Pain has never been associated with any of my dreams, i have never physically felt it and i physically felt my body being pulled upwards along with the zero gravity of floating.

Has this ever happend to any of you lot. Becasue its happening quite frequently to me and its worrying.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Floating/Flying in your Dreams. [Re: Yash]
    #2534519 - 04/07/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Number one: dont worry. you are not in danger and this is almost cetainly not any known 'medical' or biological problem. A question: the way you wrote this it sounds like you distinctly felt the moment of seperation between awake/dreaming. that is you went from a waking state (drifting off) to a feeling of floating or flying upwards, as in out of your body?
if so, then this is a typical out of body experiences and very similar to my own. One unusual thing is how you said you couldnt breathe through your mouth. In most OBE's i dont think you would have any sensation of breathing at all... but as long as it doesnt cause you pain then dont worry about it its just a mental trick.

You are now in a perfect position to, as it were, take the blue pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. i suggest a quick search on google for OBE or astral projection, maybe check out some techiques to induce em. One thing: the fear encountering this is natural, but easy to overcome. Although there are constant and notable differances between dreams, even lucid ones, and OBE's and astral projection, they are essentially still just dream states, and you can not be physically hurt, possessed by demons or anything else. If you wish to return to your body just think about it and it should happen instantly. if it doesnt focus on moving your pinky finger and whoosh your back.

Make sure to write down all the details you can remember as soon as you wake up, and PM me if you have any more id love to hear about em, or if you have questions

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2534536 - 04/07/04 12:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hhm... interesting. I wouldn't think it is a respiratory problem, though, because we almost always breathe through our noses, except maybe when we are doing something physical. :wink:

It sounds more like starting to project. I'm not too into it, though, so I am not too sure... but I do find it interesting that more and more people have been posting that they have had these experiences as of late..... just not me. :frown:

I'd look more into astral projection, man. It isn't really something to be feared because you aren't actually in any danger. Of course, you do mention pain, and I don't know if that goes along with projecting or not... do you notice any vibrations? Is it really strong pain or just sort of discomfort?

There are others around here that know a lot more about it though. :wink:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Floating/Flying in your Dreams. [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2534549 - 04/07/04 12:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

^^ Pharmakos is one of the people I had specifically in mind when I said there are others around that know more about this. :lol:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2534700 - 04/07/04 01:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I get this pain in my chest and head and i feel myself being dragged upwards out of my body...

I am a little concerned about the pain in your chest associated with this. When was the last time you had a checkup? I suggest you consider that to make sure that nothing is physically wrong with you. Keep in mind that every life ends in an OBE because the body has been damaged and is no longer suitable for incarnation. This type of phenomenon can happen to a healthy person, but is also seen in people who are deathly ill or near death. I don't mean to alarm you, but if you're having pain in your body it's better to be safe than sorry.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Floating/Flying in your Dreams. [Re: Jellric]
    #2534720 - 04/07/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Exactly. Sounds like you have sleep apnea in which breathing stops. Snoring is one sign of possible sleep apnea and sleep apnea, while dangerous on it's own, is frequently related to heart disease.

Get a check up!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Floating/Flying in your Dreams. [Re: Swami]
    #2537191 - 04/07/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i too thought of sleep apnea, but that reallly isnt what hes describing here. Sleep apnea is usually not noticed by the person suffering, they just feel really fatigued all the time from not getting proper rest. He says he feels pain in his chest, inability to breath THROUGH THE MOUTH, a rushing upwards feeling and floating/flying.

None of this is at all consistent with sleep apnea.
However, dont let that stop you from getting it checked out, as it could be something else

OfflineYash
Stranger
Re: Floating/Flying in your Dreams. [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2539016 - 04/08/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. I took your advice Pharmakos and did some searches for OBE's. I think i can now say that the 'pain' i felt might have been a strong vibration (which i felt in my head and chest area) but i personally felt it was more like a strong magnetic connection. Like say my body was metal and a massive magent above my body was pulling me upwards.

I can be more specific about my experince and say that throughout this OBE i was never ground level...always floating. And the duration was short. I can say that i was scared thoughout this and tried to awaken myself but i couldnt i felt frozen (couldnt move...only breathe through my nose). Then somehow i did manage to awake and as i was laying there on my bed i couldnt feel my body (i was lying on my stomach) i felt like my body was part of the bed, fused together.

But what is odd about this OBE (if it was actually an OBE) is that i never saw my body lying on the bed when i was floating around. But i do remember in fine detail everything around me... of what i would call about 30/35 mins? I remember floating outside my room on the ground floor towards the bus station (about 2 mins walk away) and throughout this i was about 3 storeys off the ground, it was spectacular.

The msot amazing feeling throughout this was the actual weighlessness or floating, i physically felt i was floating or flying, but i coudlnt totally control it, i would let my body float around. It was as though something was moving me around a force or some energy. I didnt feel any fear but more awe than anything.

I appreciate your concerns about the sleep apnea thing. But i have never had any difficulty breathing in the past and there is not any heart disease in my family (as far as im aware of).

The only way i could describe the not being able to breathe through my mouth would be when i was coming back to my body i tried to move but felt frozen and could'nt move any part of my body nor feel it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology