Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
I want the negative energy to stop.
    #2533688 - 04/07/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ALL I want is for all of the negative energy in my life to go away. It seems as though when everything is going right and I've had a wonderful day, something always seems to go wrong at the end...whether someone insults me, or an event from my past is surfaced again.

I have a horrible past. Things were done to me that were horrible, and I did things that were horrible. I treated people poorly, and I treated situations poorly. I regret all of these things.

However, recently, I have been living a life without regrets. I am being nice to everyone because I WANT to be, not because I feel the obligation to. I want people to treat me with the same kind of courtesy and respect, but it's not happening.

Every now and then, I feel this overwhelming amount of hatred inside of me and I have the desire to speak rudely and hurt people that have wronged me in the past. I realize that I should get over these wrongdoings of people, but for some reason, I can't.

How can I get over the past without losing my mind in the present?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekroum
Stranger
Re: I want the negative energy to stop. [Re: LeViTY]
    #2533698 - 04/07/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you speak rudely to the people you want to, will you be more at peace? Will you be able to treat others better after that? If the answer to those questions is yes, then there is no reason not to. If you don't think it will help you, then there really isn't a reason to do it. Remember that you have to be happy aboout yourself before you can be truly happy for others. you have to live with yourself, so it is most important to be at ease inside, to be happy and then that internal happiness will translate itself into what you do, what you say, and how you treat people.

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Re: I want the negative energy to stop. [Re: kroum]
    #2533704 - 04/07/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That's my problem, though. I'm so unhappy with myself that it translates into a general unhappiness towards my life.

Offlinekroum
Stranger
    #2533712 - 04/07/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well you have to see what is making you unhappy, and find a way to either deal with it, or fix it... I'm not in any way saying that I know how to do that, even in myself... but it's what has to be done :frown:
I'm having trouble with something like that myself... if you see my post on this forum...
I wish you luck...

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

Anonymous #1

#2533895 - 04/07/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 03:36 PM)

Offlinewaterbug
just a figment
Female

Loc: where i live they grow ou...
    #2534315 - 04/07/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Lev, Its good that you are trying to be nice to people, but if you slip up and are mean, dont beat yourself up over it, all is good, everyone has bad days, your allowed to be mean once in a while! I hope the negative energy that you speak of goes away too, have you tried meditation? It might be good for you. This is what I do, take a long bath with a book and a glass of wine and let those troubles be forgotten.
best of luck, and you have a friend here if you ever need one
lovin you
:kiss:

--------------------

Girls Poop!

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2535675 - 04/07/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

if your feeling bad, then thats a sign your body and mind are giving you. you need to try and isolate what makes you unhappy about your situation, and most importantly yourself. developing genuine compassion is important. love, understanding, patience are also important aspects of compassion. perhaps a bit of change in a positive direction would be good. make small goals and accomplish them, start out small and you will grow in spirits, health, and compassion. you must love yourself and respect yourself before you can others... youve heard it before.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Anonymous #2

#2535756 - 04/07/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, I been a jerk for sometime now. Like a real ass hole.
To my family and friends. I pick up on their negetivity and give it back to them and it then becomes a cycle. I been surrounding my self with nice people more and more and trying to incorporate this nice positive feel to my home life. Even with my sisster still being a bitch I just let it be. I try not to get pulled into others dramas. A book I read talked about every one has a drama that they use for attention. The thing is to realize what that drama is and confront it be truthful to them and your self. its all in the book The Celestine Prophecy.

for the hatred thing some people take up a religion, that take sthe presure off of the person. Leaving it up to God to judge. But thats not for every one. These bad people will get what the deserve sooner or later every one will get judged weather it here or in heaven.

Theres a thing I been visualizing. My self inside the centre of a cylclone. The calm in the center is my mind and body, out side is the world whirrling around me in caous . And I am at peace in the eye of the storm.

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Re: I want the negative energy to stop. [Re: ]
    #2536924 - 04/07/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Confront. That's what I shall do.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2538151 - 04/08/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

negativity is the most contagious thing out there,
but what doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger.
karma can be your worst enemy one minute
your best friend the next.
its all a learning experience .

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2539353 - 04/08/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

> I am being nice to everyone because I WANT to be, not because I feel the obligation to. I want people to treat me with the same kind of courtesy and respect, but it's not happening.

Don't worry. By wanting other people to treat you in a certain way, you are giving those people power (or control) over your life. When you are being nice to people, you are taking control of your own life. The longer you go in control of yourself, the less influence other people will have over you. Eventually you can get to the point where you don't care (how it feels to yourself) when people are mean... knowing that you are nice and in control is reward enough.

Don't give into the hatred that some people return. Maybe they are having a bad day and lashing out at anything they can. You were being nice, making you the easy target. I am pretty sure we have all done this to others... I know I have. Think long term... even though somebody was a prick to you, your niceness will have an effect. It may not change their life, but then again, it may.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous #2

Re: I want the negative energy to stop. [Re: Seuss]
    #2539866 - 04/08/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah what he said.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2540878 - 04/08/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I know how you feel in a lot of ways. Although i dont know that the same things in my past were actually "horrible" or just mistakes... period.

Have you asked yourself if the things in your past are truely "horrible"?

Have you whole heartedly accepted these facts as a part of your life? Have you thought about forgiving those who hurt or wronged you?

Im not saying try to make it seem better... but relenquish the hatred?

For your situation... what it sounds like to me... is that you have a lot of emotional negative energies inside of you which you have not let go... now that you have accepted the past. you are unable to adequately vent the negative past energies..

The negative energies wont stop until you let them go. For me... i have tried transforming my negative energy into deeper understanding people... further digging in the pit.

Whatever happened to me a few years ago split my mind all up... then i finally came to all of this.

Try to remain as objective as possible. But i think the biggest keys are acceptance of the past, while having the ability to conciously control your life and let these things go. Instead of being dictated by your past.

Have you felt like maybe that sometimes you are acting out of pent up agression, like earlier on in life?

write these thoughts down, when you get angry and pissed offf, write it all down.

Sometimes i like to try and get as far away as possible from all people... This lets me cool down, it lets my mind relax without having the fear of interaction with people, and releasing these things.

It may do you good to seperate yourself for a time for which you can come to terms with these things at your own pace.

Apparently it seems as though you are being confronted with a lot of input in your life and you cant really hand the chaos that its causing.

I myself have felt this intrapment for a while, im just not starting to break the cycle. I hope it is for good.

--------------------
What?

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2603874 - 04/26/04 06:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I really know how you feel. each time i try to forget the past and look toward the future something or somebody shoots me down. I become angry and i end up running to the next coke dealer. then I really have a lot of negetive enegry. I can't say I had a bad childhood. it was really great. the things i did i did to myself. the one thing i have learned in therapy is you have to care about yourself. I feel bad about what i have put my parents and my wife through. they have done nothing but love me. before you can start to heal and make the negativity go away you gotta forgive yourself. if you can do that then you can foregive others and then they will foregive you. I never believed before now. but it does work. i stopped thinking about what makes me happy and started trying to make others happy. the rewards are much better this was. hang in there your will make it.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2604078 - 04/26/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I felt hatred for everything for most of my years and I finally started to search in religion to make me feel more at peace. I study Buddhism.  In Tibetan Buddhism they have the concept of mantra. Mantra means "mind protection."  Mantras help protect the mind from stress that invades it in the world.  I suggest you look into mantras. If Buddhism is not your cup of tea then check into Thomas Ashley Ferrand's "Healing Mantras" book and just chant some mantra for protection.  Also, I find rudraksha to be a huge boon and benefit.  If ones enviroment makes stress, then what one wears is also ones enviroment and some things like rudraksha stabilize ones mind against the constant pounding stress. I am a chef so I know stress. I credit my rudrakshas with alot of beneficience. If you care to check more into it then this is the place www.rudraksha-ratna.com  I suggest a Siddha mala.  Best wishes.  :smile:

--------------------
...or something

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2604226 - 04/26/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you're looking for negatives.

if you look for them, you'll find more than you expected.

look for positives, and if some negatives roll past, smile at them and nod.

I would say "expect" negatives, but don't search for them. They'll always be there - there is no way to eliminate negativity because that would eliminate positivity as well, and who wants that?

I'll take some sadness for happiness' sake, any day!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous #2

Re: I want the negative energy to stop. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2605033 - 04/26/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah what he said

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies