Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #25342834 - 07/23/18 05:59 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Keep bumping this thread Bill :super: you're the man! This needs to be on the front page at all times :dancer:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja]
    #25342929 - 07/23/18 06:35 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

too bad he can't anymore. but here's one bump for you

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25342942 - 07/23/18 06:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Phew, though he was gonna contaminate the hell out of this thread! <3

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes [Re: Mateja]
    #25344015 - 07/24/18 09:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Damn I missed it! :frown:

Well I'm going to at least try it. :thumbup:

I think it's neat and simple and written by a cool dude and I do find it amazing nobody has said this.(That I've Seen.)

Beef it up with some picture's and scientific Mycology stuff and Viola!
Sticky! :sunny:

I got a sixth flush in the jar so I'm pretty stoked about those right now too!

MushLove:mushroom2:

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Loc: Standing on the moon
Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: BattyKoda]
    #25344064 - 07/24/18 09:42 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Back when I was doing cakes a decade ago I used a Coleman cooler with plexi glass set on top.  I feel like my cakes were alot better back then.  I tried the shotgun and turned all my cakes blue.  Immediately switched to shoe boxes.

OfflineDexter82
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Zero Nowhere] * 2
    #25346313 - 07/25/18 02:08 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So,for my first attempt at growing I made 10 BRF Cakes following the Updated PF Tek by Ziran with my intention to follow it all the way through. Well after reading through so many post on the forum I called an audible and the first 6 cakes that were 100% colonized I followed the Cakes to Spawn Tek and have two shoeboxes with 3 half pint cakes each. The remaining 4 cakes I'm doing the Humidity chamber Tek. I figure it'd be a good way to try a couple different methods in the hopes to gain more experiences growing. Fingers crossed I'll do ok.

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Dexter82]
    #25346455 - 07/25/18 03:12 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

:leocheers:

Remember the coir should be dripping and drizzling trough your fingers when you grab a handful!

Looking forward to seeing some beautiful cake flushes :popcorn:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineIntoxicatedChimp
Space Monkey
Other

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Mateja]
    #25346517 - 07/25/18 04:06 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, i love this idea. I built a SGFC and don't even plan to use it. I was gonna go with a modified chronic tek, which i still may with a few cakes. But I got coir and a 7quart(6.6L) tote the other day when i saw this post.

The only thing i am worried about is contamination growing on the coir. I know some people say nothing will grow on it, some say it needs to be pasteurized or sterilized. You say just make it sopping fucking wet.

To be on the safe side i think I want to at least add something to make the PH right so that no contamination can grow on it. I don't feel like heating the coir to 200 degrees for 2 hours. What PH does it need to be at and what can i use(Hopefully something I already got laying around the house) to change the PH level to where I need it.

Also should i still roll and/or double end case the cake with vermiculite before putting in the Coir Humidity Chamber?

Thanks for sharing, my cakes are being dunked right now. I'd like to have some answers pretty soon. And of course, it bumps it back to the top where it belongs cause this is so much simpler than SGFC! Rock on!

--------------------
-Intoxicated Chimp-

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: IntoxicatedChimp]
    #25346530 - 07/25/18 04:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I would definitely roll the cakes in verm, that way the evaporation is controlled even better and provides for a better micro climate for pinning! Glad to see this thread is on its way! Buying more jars and BRF tomorrow :loljesus:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineIntoxicatedChimp
Space Monkey
Other

#25346611 - 07/25/18 05:13 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I will be getting some more jars fairly soon. $5 bucks for a 12 pack from a guy on let go. Awesome right? I got plenty of verm and BRF. And yeah, i figured i'd DEC the one cake that has lots of pins already and 4 little babies, the biggest just about the size of my pinky fingers last knuckle(the tip of my finger)

So no answer to the PH or possible contamination? I have seen so many people fighting about whether coco coir has nutrition for mycelium and contaminates. Some say it has none. I don't know. But with the cakes fully colonized, I hear you can use coir or a coir/verm mix for the dunk and roll and double end case. I think i need lime to get the PH right? I don't have any of that around the house. Fuck it, i'll try a couple cakes in chronic tek sit and forgets. And then i'll try 2 or 3 of my half pints in your "Mateah's Intelligible Single Compartment Moist Coir Humidity Hamper"! ... Think that name will stick?

--------------------
-Intoxicated Chimp-

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: IntoxicatedChimp]
    #25346914 - 07/25/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Coir doesn't contam, if it did we wouldn't use it for bulk sub :shrug:
Nothing to lose sleep over. If you by some freak occurance should notice something trying to grow in the coir simply move the cakes to a new chamber with fresh coir end of story :super:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineIntoxicatedChimp
Space Monkey
Other

#25347239 - 07/25/18 11:41 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Alright. I used like a 3rd of a block of coir and about 1 1/2 liters of hot water. Stirred real good. its nice and squishy with water coming out when i push on it. Gonna check back when it cools down a little. My cakes only got about a 6-8 hour dunk. And one I didn't dunk because it had some big mushrooms already growing on it.

I have a 3cc syringe. I can just put it into the middle and squirt the water in it? It is a TINY 1/4 pint one got it fruiting in a 2 cup ziplock tupperware. Hopefully everything goes well and I pop these other 3 bad boys on some lids with moist verm  and then case the tops. (They are so small, rolling isn't even much an option lol.)

I'll update ya with any news, good or bad. Hopefully will all be good from here. Im just concerned with FAE. Maybe crack the lid or put 2 small transpore tape holes in each side? You said you didn't fan at all... Seems odd it worked so well when everyone says FAE is SO damn important.

--------------------
-Intoxicated Chimp-

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #25347714 - 07/26/18 09:13 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

looks good mateah!

although, if you already have coir and some tubs wouldnt unmodded monos be easier to just spawn the cakes to?

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Ziran]
    #25347761 - 07/26/18 09:40 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yes BRF to Bulk is an excellent way to maximize the cakes potential and increase overall yield.
And also a great way go practice bulk grows :super:

Fruiting cakes as cakes can be really fun especially when you have a FC that the cakes thrive in :rockon:

BRF to bulk performs best when cakes are inoculated with clean cultures instead of spore solutions.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25347830 - 07/26/18 10:15 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I'll say this everytime it comes up; I really believe doing individual cakes is great for beginners. You're going to miss some contaminations while you learn. Better to lose one cake from a chamber, than to waste a whole tub. Plus, shrooms on cakes look cool.

I got some oysters on the way and looks like they do better as blocks or bags than tubs, so I'm thinking of using this tek to fruit Edible Cakes from Hell. I'll let you know how it goes.

OfflineMistermush8675
Stranger
    #25348149 - 07/26/18 01:19 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Due to some pesky ants in my house I was left with only one 1/2 pint BRF out of my batch. Currently consolidating, so I've been trying to find an alternative to the SGFC I built. I considered fruiting from the jar with a ziploc via Bods easy af tek, but this seems like it may work for maximum yield and minimum hassle for just the one cake. Do I still do the dunk and roll?

--------------------

OfflineDexter82
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25348166 - 07/26/18 01:34 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
:leocheers:

Remember the coir should be dripping and drizzling trough your fingers when you grab a handful!

Looking forward to seeing some beautiful cake flushes :popcorn:

I'm looking forward to seeing beautiful flushes as well. I believe the coir is wet enough, just shy of puddling up. The closet I'm growing in stays around 72° and the tub sides are steamed up so much the view is impaired.

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Dexter82]
    #25348368 - 07/26/18 03:28 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Looking good :thumbup:

I'm sure those two smaller tubs on top were placed there just for the pics! :thumbup:

Quote:

Mistermush8675 said:
Due to some pesky ants in my house I was left with only one 1/2 pint BRF out of my batch. Currently consolidating, so I've been trying to find an alternative to the SGFC I built. I considered fruiting from the jar with a ziploc via Bods easy af tek, but this seems like it may work for maximum yield and minimum hassle for just the one cake. Do I still do the dunk and roll?

Yes always dunk and roll after birthing cakes,  and then dunk in between flushes!
Are you saying ants messed up your fruiting jars or your colonize get jars? Doesn't make sense in any way :lol:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (07/26/18 03:31 PM)

OfflineMistermush8675
Stranger
    #25348386 - 07/26/18 03:36 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Walked in to check out how colonization was going one day and saw a whole bunch of ants going in and out of a few jars :mad:
I can only assume they brought contams with them because they all started getting green spots, aside from one jar lol

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

Re: Humidity Chamber Tek for fruiting BRF cakes *DELETED* [Re: Mistermush8675]
    #25348396 - 07/26/18 03:40 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

How the heck did they manage to get past the first lid, the second piece lid and finally trough the vermiculite into your cakes? They shouldn't have been able to even fit between the glass and the substrate :shrug:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale