Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejphil
Some Guy
3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect
    #25337959 - 07/20/18 09:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So I recently invited my cousin over to have his first real attempt at taking mushrooms. I gave him 1.5 grams dried initially and we went to the woods to walk around and after about 45 min he said he wasn't feeling anything. So I gave him another 1.5 grams and even after we got home he still claimed he wasn't feeling anything.

A little pretext, I used to live with him a long time ago (2000) and we had some tabs once, which is the only other time he tried psychedelics. I had a good trip, but he stayed up all night blabbing with my roommates. The next morning I was like, man I had a good trip and he was like, yea I didn't feel anything.

This time was kind of the same deal, he was just smoking pot, pacing around and ranting the whole time claiming he didn't feel anything. I asked him to just chill out, lie down and take a break for 10 minutes, and he wouldn't listen to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience where someone claims they don't feel anything even after taking 3 grams?

It really pisses me off because I put a lot of effort in growing them myself and feel like he was just pissing on my rug because he didn't want to actually have an experience.

At the same time I don't want to assume unless others have had similar experiences.

I've heard the saying that mushrooms just make you more of who you are, and I've come to the conclusion that my cousin is an asshole and mushrooms just made him more of an asshole.

Edited by jphil (07/20/18 09:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: jphil]
    #25338064 - 07/20/18 10:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Is he on any medication? I know certain antidepressants will negate the affects of many psychedelics. I assume you had some too and you felt the affects.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: Crispy224]
    #25338092 - 07/20/18 10:58 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

If he was acting differently then he was obviously tripping whether he knew it or not right?

Offlineyeahthatsme
Stranger
    #25338097 - 07/20/18 10:59 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I' not no shroom expert, but it seems as if there was a problem with you growing it, or as if he took the drug incorrectly. Did you see him swallow it or did he spit it out? Was he nauseated?

Were you feeling the affects?

Shrooms affect people differently. It seems as if he consumed the drug incorrectly or there was a growing situation problem.

Yes, the drug does make you/help you find who you really are... But this does not mean it makes him an asshole. He could've been fucking with you the whole time for little you know, he could've took shrooms numerous times before you and didn't wanna tell you.

Was there a change in his behavior? If you see him acting differently/oddly then he was most likely on the drug, but you couldn't have tell because you were probably tripping too,

Either that or you grew some straight up garbage shrooms - But this is impossible because Psilocybin is already activated whether grown correctly or not.

So many questions, a lot of missing detail. Tell us more and we'll help you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlineth.maso
Male
Loc: PNW
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: yeahthatsme] * 1
    #25338110 - 07/20/18 11:11 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

He took too few. When I first started taking psychedelics I had a hard time letting go and my ego would convince me I wasn’t feeling anything and I’d fight it to the point where I believed I wasn’t feeling anything. My head would spin for hours, rough comedown and I’d be a frustrated asshole when it was over. Higher doses do better with convincing your ego to shut up. And of course set & setting. And of course the vast majority of antidepressants, antipsychotics and anything in the benzodiazepine family will greatly hinder an experience due to their effects on the 5Ht2a receptor. It’s like going to an art gallery with an eye shade on.

I think we’re all partially right so far.

Edited by th.maso (07/20/18 11:23 PM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: th.maso]
    #25338131 - 07/20/18 11:31 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:randy2:

Yeah first I would check of he's on any medication which can diminish the effect... To what extent I couldn't say...

Idk why he would lie ...?

I would think if he said that he genuinely believed it, or jusr underestimated the effect of the dose, which for some that maybe could be small... But he should habe felt SOMETHING I feel like...

Maybe hes an asshole but mushrooms heal you and teach you things, they don't make us more of who we really are in the way you describe him as an asshole x 2 :lol: more who we really are in the sense of better understanding of self.

Taking 1.5 twice an hour or two apart is different than taking 3g all at once

I would guess other drugs are interfering or his expectations are

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Offlineyeahthatsme
Stranger
    #25338137 - 07/20/18 11:37 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Seems like you're taking some stepped-on shit brother.

Try a different magic mushroom species, You're experiencing some thought-loopholes/ bad trips it looks like.

When your on the drug, You will know if you are high. The ego part seems like a strong part of your personality that you are trying to let go.

Psychedelics are teachers.

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338138 - 07/20/18 11:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I'm pretty close with my cousin, he definitely hasn't tried to trip other than the one time with tabs a long time ago. He's definitely not on medication, but smokes pot regularly.

I wasn't tripping with him, just babysitting. I don't have very much left so I wanted him to have enough.

I've had plenty from this batch and they definitely work. Other friends have tried them as well.

Even without mushrooms he'll get on talking jags and rants and can be very opinionated and dominating to begin with.

On mushrooms he was going on these borderline delusional rants about being protected by ghosts, being in favor of his ex-wife's dead mother, resolute against random strangers attacking the house, etc.

He even got really aggressive towards me at one point screaming in my face, the whole time I was just trying not to engage in anything negative he was saying.

He refused to go to another room and lie down so eventually I just went upstairs to bed.

I could hear him hitting his pipe downstairs and don't know how much longer he stayed up.

The next morning he was acting all chipper, but I was pretty pissed at him for putting me through all that shit, and still he was like I didn't feel anything.

He even had the nerve to say, "actually I felt more clear on the mushrooms."

I was like yea mushrooms are supposed to give you clarity, but then I also remembered someone mention sometimes they make you more of who you are, and that's when I realized my cousin is a complete douchebag.

He didn't apologize for screaming in my face, or getting hyper aggressive at ghosts and ranting all night, he apologized that my mushrooms were just a snack. "I'm sorry they were just a snack" is what he said. I was so disappointed in him I didn't even have the heart to say goodbye when he left.

Edited by jphil (07/20/18 11:47 PM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25338154 - 07/20/18 11:55 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I second your opinion amd description of him :lol:

Give his ass 5g and he will probably learn real quick, but that's probably not a good idea, don't do that :lol:

Sounds kind of like you should keep your distance and pursue your pathof positivityand let him pursue his path possibly...?

Maybe he's not at the correct frequency to vibe withthe mushroom gods ...?

I understand your frustrations, you try and help people and give them a good time and they're dissapointed and squander it :lol:

Maybe he didn't get enough medicine...

Or it could be the dose just wasnt enough for him since his vibrations are so weak :lol:

I think some are more succeptible and
Connect with deeper than some... Possibly... :lol:

:levitate:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: Enkidu]
    #25338156 - 07/20/18 11:56 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Is it just me or do I smell a troll.... ?

:lol:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25338158 - 07/20/18 11:58 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe you are more succeptible friend.

Maybe you connect deeper.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338168 - 07/21/18 12:03 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, I'm being totally for real. It was such a disappointing experience. There are even more details I'm not even going to get into.

The reason why I'm asking, I'm wondering if anybody else has dealt with a toxic person in their life squandering a chance at a psychedelic experience.

Edited by jphil (07/21/18 12:04 AM)

Offlineth.maso
Male
    #25338178 - 07/21/18 12:11 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I was that toxic person to myself for a really long time. I had a mushroom trip under the worst circumstances during the darkest part of my life. I was humbled in the most profound way. It would be nice if there was a set formula to provide that experience to everyone but it really is one of those those unexplainable things where your time for deep inspiration comes when it’s suposed to and not a minute before or after. It just wasn’t the right time I think.

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338199 - 07/21/18 12:29 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Do you remember how large the dose was when you finally broke through?

I've had a handful of really strong and beautiful learning experiences already, so even if I take 0.5 grams I can recognize the effects.

I can't imagine being in a state of mind where I don't recognize it, so it's hard for me to judge what would be a high enough dosage.

OfflineBardy
Male

#25338264 - 07/21/18 01:23 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I’ve had similar experiences to this. My conclusion was that some people just assume they didn’t feel anything because they have no idea what to expect, and the feeling is so foreign to them, but in reality they were obviously high as a kite.
They just end up in denial because they think tripping is meant to be exactly how it’s portrayed on movies or something.

If they try shrooms again they’ll probably be more familiar with the feeling and accept that they’re tripping.

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: Bardy]
    #25338281 - 07/21/18 01:52 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Holy shit. I decided to try the last of what I had tonight. 4.6g

I don't what happened, it actual took a real long time for the come up, like 3 hours? I've Never had it come on so hard, so far after eating them

Man all I can say is he fucking blew it man. This shit is fucking for real. I'm like in the the most blisseed out like clubhouse of God or something. Shit can't type!

Nope, this shit works :smile: I hate to say it, but my cousin is broke

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338285 - 07/21/18 02:00 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Holy fucking shit, it's like the universe is making love to you!

It's like literally, LITERALLY, t h e m o s t  BEAUTIFUL THING YOU WILL EVER SEE IN YOUR LIFE

And he fucking blew it...

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338290 - 07/21/18 02:03 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'm literally in the universe's vagina

Holy shit, I'm cracking up, my browser sucks!

Peace guys

Edited by jphil (07/21/18 02:05 AM)

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338296 - 07/21/18 02:12 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yo, I just had to come back to say one thing

You don't have to be anything, ANYTHING, to be able to just appreciate the beauty...

You don't have to be a lawyer, a cryptominer :p a fucking billionaire, or even a homeless dude, lol

Come on guys seriously :smile:))))

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338297 - 07/21/18 02:15 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I will say the UI for this forum is hands down the ugliest shit :smile:))))

I fucking hate it, lol

Just fucking post the shit I don't want to preview it!

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338299 - 07/21/18 02:24 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly, you just don't have to worry about it, that's the key, just don't fucking worry about it.

No matter what the thing is, it doesn't matter how heavy it is, just let it go and the fucking universe is waiting right there to smile back at you

Beaches, fucking beaches

Just let it go and you win the cracker jack prize in the box of LIFE

Fucking Beaches

PS - my phone sucks balls

Offlinecartmanblue
Stranger
    #25338329 - 07/21/18 03:23 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Its been 11 years since I've logged into my account here. I hadn't planned on doing so but after I read the details you described regarding your cousin's behavior, I felt compelled. The way you said your cousin was ranting about ghost and spirit stuff, being favored or protected by them. Has he ever had any sort of 'magical thinking' e.g. being able to control people's thoughts or things like that? The description of your cousin's demeanor and behavior, both sober and under the influence, is nearly identical to how my ex-boyfriend's brother acted. He's been diagnosed as bipolar and he's inconsiderate to such a degree that it should be classified as a terminal mental illness (because you'd want to kill him, get it?). He didn't appreciate the worth/value of anything we did for him.

Anyways, this fucker was at our house one evening and he was on something. I don't know what drug he took but he was outside yelling into the woods at 'demons'. He said there were people in the woods with guns trying to kill him. He called 911 and apparently told them the same thing because half the police department (3 officers) showed up with guns drawn. Long story short he got admitted to a mental health center and was diagnosed with some kind of schizophrenic related condition in addition to being bipolar.

I guess I just wanted to tell you that your cousin either has something  wrong with him or he's just a huge dick, or both. I'm thinking there's something not quite right about him.

I dunno if this is scientifically accurate but my boyfriend at the time told me that extreme lack of consideration for other people and property is pretty much par for the course in bipolar people.

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: cartmanblue]
    #25338345 - 07/21/18 03:53 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Cartman, you are blessed. Thanks for sharing that

And for that I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The next time someone is being angry or getting in you face about something, just look them dead in the eyes and say,"you smell like pizza" and then just walk away and let them be angry at themselves

The universe is purring and it doesn't give a shit about you

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: jphil] * 1
    #25338353 - 07/21/18 04:04 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Just think of the most beautiful thing imaginable, it's not a person, or an object it's just the most beautiful thing EVER

That's it, and your only job on this planet IS TO APPRECIATE IT

That's it! That's the fucking secret to life!

What the fuck has everyone been wasting their time writing about? It's so simple, what the fuck?

What are all these books about? What the fuck are people wasting their time about? They're horrible at their fucking jobs, just appreciate it and you win Life.

Edited by jphil (07/21/18 04:05 AM)

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: jphil] * 1
    #25338357 - 07/21/18 04:09 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Stop making tutorials, stop making fucking bitcoins, and start just fucking appreciating life

People are horrible

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25338557 - 07/21/18 08:05 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Well this thread went downhill quick.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: krypto2000]
    #25338913 - 07/21/18 11:20 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Well this thread went downhill quick.

Op, read some books and find out.

Maybe you'll discover you know less than you believe and learn something from the vast wealth of wisdom at your disposal.

Arrogance and pride are not our friends.

:wink:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect *DELETED* [Re: Enkidu]
    #25338926 - 07/21/18 11:26 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:smile:

Edited by jphil (07/21/18 11:53 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #25338933 - 07/21/18 11:28 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jphil said:
So I recently invited my cousin over to have his first real attempt at taking mushrooms. I gave him 1.5 grams dried initially and we went to the woods to walk around and after about 45 min he said he wasn't feeling anything. So I gave him another 1.5 grams and even after we got home he still claimed he wasn't feeling anything.

A little pretext, I used to live with him a long time ago (2000) and we had some tabs once, which is the only other time he tried psychedelics. I had a good trip, but he stayed up all night blabbing with my roommates. The next morning I was like, man I had a good trip and he was like, yea I didn't feel anything.

This time was kind of the same deal, he was just smoking pot, pacing around and ranting the whole time claiming he didn't feel anything. I asked him to just chill out, lie down and take a break for 10 minutes, and he wouldn't listen to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience where someone claims they don't feel anything even after taking 3 grams?

It really pisses me off because I put a lot of effort in growing them myself and feel like he was just pissing on my rug because he didn't want to actually have an experience.

At the same time I don't want to assume unless others have had similar experiences.

I've heard the saying that mushrooms just make you more of who you are, and I've come to the conclusion that my cousin is an asshole and mushrooms just made him more of an asshole.

His whole life is about holding onto his ego. I know the type you're talking about and they will do all your drugs JUST SO they can tell you they didn't feel anything because they don't want to feel anything. They just want to say they did mushrooms and was so tough that they had no effect.

This is the type of dude who needs to punched in the face and then shot up with dmt right when he wakes up. Other than that th3re is no helping him

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

Loc: Dreamland
    #25338943 - 07/21/18 11:31 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Life outside Cult  :uhoh:

Offlineth.maso
Male
    #25338948 - 07/21/18 11:32 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The amount must’ve been somewhere around 4.6g haha.
My breakthrough experience was truffles and I was fairly psychedelic-naiive those 8 years ago. I think it’s just a matter of losing a sense of existence and being completely comfortable with that. I much prefer a nice quiet, well-set trip where I just sit and gratefully receive what the mushrooms have to offer.

Offlineth.maso
Male
    #25338955 - 07/21/18 11:35 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa. Shit, I didn’t realize there was a page 2 I missed. I’m new as of last night and still trying to figure it out. Haha. There’s a lot of really interesting commentary on this site.

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25338984 - 07/21/18 11:50 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

th.maso said:
The amount must’ve been somewhere around 4.6g haha.

Ha! Yea, I would have given him more, but his whole attitude about not feeling anything, and then he wouldn't listen to me and just stop talking for 10 minutes and lie down.

I didn't want to waste more on him at that point because I thought maybe he is totally immune, or the mushrooms were impotent.

But after trying them again myself, yea that's what's up.

I thought being in the woods would be a good way to start out because he seemed too antsy to lie down in a room to begin with, and I thought being outside would make it more positive.

If I could do it again I would ask him to start in a room first. Lesson learned.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#25339013 - 07/21/18 12:04 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

OP..give him penis envy it will knock his dick in the dirt and let him know how much of a dick he's been

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinejphil
Some Guy
    #25339022 - 07/21/18 12:08 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yo guys, I just wanted to say Thank You

I really feel like I'm in a better place right now and can let it go.

I think the lesson I learned is that if your friend doesn't feel anything after 3g, you should take 4.6 grams yourself and don't worry about it :tongue:

You are all awesome and blessed, I'm going to get off this thread and enjoy the rest of my day/life

Peace! :smile:)))

Edited by jphil (07/21/18 12:19 PM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#25339032 - 07/21/18 12:15 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Bill :lol:

punch him and shoot him up with dmt as soon as he wakes up :lol:

followed by a high dose of mushrooms :lol:

He'll go from hero asshole to
:aargh:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#25339185 - 07/21/18 02:09 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
Bill :lol:

punch him and shoot him up with dmt as soon as he wakes up :lol:

followed by a high dose of mushrooms :lol:

He'll go from hero asshole to
:aargh:

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineBardy
Male

Re: 3 grams of dried mushrooms no effect [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25339648 - 07/21/18 08:17 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Quote:

jphil said:

His whole life is about holding onto his ego. I know the type you're talking about and they will do all your drugs JUST SO they can tell you they didn't feel anything because they don't want to feel anything. They just want to say they did mushrooms and was so tough that they had no effect.

This is the type of dude who needs to punched in the face and then shot up with dmt right when he wakes up. Other than that th3re is no helping him

Bit harsh. Ego is natural, without it we wouldn’t do very well in this world at all. I agree that some people’s ego’s are too big and it isn’t an attractive quality.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder