Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekaylew78
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25312772 - 07/07/18 02:46 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. I understand a little better how to surf around here now and am finding myself awake all night researching. No doubt about it there will be countless hours invested here.

--------------------
:ooo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcuriousmycologist
"Asking for a friend"
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25317358 - 07/09/18 07:12 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I couldn't find it with search function. When we get to ninety days and fifty posts is the marketplace automatically unlocked? I'm interested in spores for research purposes, to look at, but am unsure if I need to do something after that time to unlock it? Thank you.

--------------------
We're all mentally ill. We're all delusional. We're all junkies. It's just a matter of degree
(the Venerable Robina Curtin)

Anything I say here is a fiction, for role play or research only. Full of bollocks I am. I wouldn't believe me.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Acuriousmycologist]
    #25317498 - 07/09/18 08:30 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

No just the time and post restriction

InvisibleWhyterye
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25317735 - 07/09/18 11:45 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I've had a some tubs and followed the tek as closely as possible. I put liners on the last few and they still side pinned. In shoeboxes I can get them to come out the surface, but in the monotub they always side pin. I know its all about surface conditions and keeping it level. could it be that im not packing the sub in enough? Or im not "dialed in" enough? Any advice on how to dial it in better? My room is always at 75 degrees and shit idk man advice is appreciated. I am definitely gonna continue trial and error.

InvisibleAcuriousmycologist
"Asking for a friend"
 User Gallery

#25319730 - 07/10/18 11:56 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you :smile:

--------------------
We're all mentally ill. We're all delusional. We're all junkies. It's just a matter of degree
(the Venerable Robina Curtin)

Anything I say here is a fiction, for role play or research only. Full of bollocks I am. I wouldn't believe me.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Whyterye]
    #25319915 - 07/11/18 04:59 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Whyterye said:
I've had a some tubs and followed the tek as closely as possible. I put liners on the last few and they still side pinned. In shoeboxes I can get them to come out the surface, but in the monotub they always side pin. I know its all about surface conditions and keeping it level. could it be that im not packing the sub in enough? Or im not "dialed in" enough? Any advice on how to dial it in better? My room is always at 75 degrees and shit idk man advice is appreciated. I am definitely gonna continue trial and error.

Hard to say with no pictures.

OfflineEthicalGoblin
Always Learning

Loc: Flag
    #25321954 - 07/12/18 09:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This may be a fiendishly simple question to answer, but I will ask anyways because I value your insight. Upon inoculation of your quart jars using mycelium-laden agar, what do you do with the rest of the plates? Do you store them for future use? Do they go into a dark room until you use them next? And also how long can you store already-inoculated plates? I suppose it's a simple next step, but I haven't even really thought about it yet and I am about to get to that point pretty soon here. Thanks for your knowledge! :mushroom2:

Offlinejamesjoint
People are strange
I'm a teapot

Loc: Brazil Flag
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: EthicalGoblin]
    #25321964 - 07/12/18 09:43 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you bro, your post make it right and simple. Good work :grin:

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: EthicalGoblin]
    #25321995 - 07/12/18 10:01 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EthicalGoblin said:
This may be a fiendishly simple question to answer, but I will ask anyways because I value your insight. Upon inoculation of your quart jars using mycelium-laden agar, what do you do with the rest of the plates? Do you store them for future use? Do they go into a dark room until you use them next? And also how long can you store already-inoculated plates? I suppose it's a simple next step, but I haven't even really thought about it yet and I am about to get to that point pretty soon here. Thanks for your knowledge! :mushroom2:

Keep the plate or toss.
You never need to keep plates in rhe dark.
Long term storage of plates for 0-12 months in the fridge, in a baggie, in a insulated lunch box.

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #25333165 - 07/18/18 08:08 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Bod, I would really appreciate you taking a look at my journal.  The journal has notes and pictures!

It's my first grow and so I noc'd 32 pasty plates, 8 out of 16 pasty plates are already look promising with GT.  Starting to think I noc'd to many plates.... Anyway, does everything look okay, would you wait on #1, 2, and 8 to transfer or is that enough strong growth?  Or would you choose not to transfer if there were no signs of contam, allow to fully colonize, and just use that agar to A2G 4 jars?

Thanks for your time and knowledge!

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Ginge]
    #25333271 - 07/18/18 09:44 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

One question I have that confused me with the write-up about unmodified tub tek was are you saying that you flip the lid right away during colonization of the substrate? The wording was just a little unclear to me...or leave the lid on unlatched until 90% colonized, then flip lid, introduce to fruiting conditions? Thank you!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moonmartian]
    #25333279 - 07/18/18 09:49 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I do growing conditions, no distinction between colonization and fruiting. Flip the lid right when its made for "fruiting conditions"

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25333405 - 07/18/18 11:08 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Aright awesome! Thanks for the response. How deep do you usually make your substrate with this tek?

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moonmartian]
    #25333413 - 07/18/18 11:13 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

2-6"

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25333433 - 07/18/18 11:25 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This tek basically goes against the consensus of waiting to fruit until fully colonized or you will get contamination if any uncolonized substrate is exposed. Correct?

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25333630 - 07/18/18 01:04 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Why would it contaminate. To make the tub in the first place you have to expose everything to mix it up and get it in the tub.

Colonization conditions were about keeping co2 in not at all about keeping contamination out.

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25333711 - 07/18/18 01:43 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey sounds good to me! Last question for ya. I have a myco bag with literally I would say 40-50 pins that are small medium large. I've been misting and fanning them 3 or 4 times a day but I have a lot of sides pins and want to harvest them. You think I could cut the top of the myco bag and just place it in a unmodified tub to finish it up? I was gonna get the 32qt just like the one you have.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25333797 - 07/18/18 02:37 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Probably

OfflineMoonmartian
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25335043 - 07/19/18 07:42 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So with the unmodified tub during fruiting when you have the lid upside down this will give the mushrooms a lot of FAE which is good but does this take away humidity? How would you combat that?

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25335044 - 07/19/18 07:43 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Don't worry about humidity. It will be fine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck