Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKannaKris
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #25327126 - 07/15/18 07:03 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I grew out one of these to about 8 foot tall, and even as much as I cared for it, and babied it in my humid subtropical grow zone, and no matter how much you consumed of it, there were little to no effects at all. I think there may be something to homegrown plants being inactive or very weak.

Edited by KannaKris (07/15/18 07:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: KannaKris]
    #25327195 - 07/15/18 08:04 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

It's possible for home grown plants to supply all the Kratom you need and be quite potent.

I dont pick leafs off trees for the soul purpose of consumption but save all the leafs that are trimmed off cuttings for rooting clones.  If I had to pick leafs I would but I'm going to wait another year or two then it will be on.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #25327438 - 07/15/18 10:46 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Can i has some (more) M. hirsuta pics? :smile:

About to sow it and share what i can spare across the world

In general i'm having difficulties with my plants. Leaves dry withoit humidity domes, chlorosis in other species..

Maybe root problems or bacteria, gonna be focusing on diagnosing and fiximg hopefully with help.

My best plants are seedlings in propagator with mostly still air.

Why does it seem likei have pathogens or a killer draught?

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Solipsis]
    #25327623 - 07/15/18 12:18 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I have same problems, it´s hard with indoor growing.
Most problems are a result of not enough fresh air exchange and no natural predators, making a situation good for bugs, bacteria, decises, fungus etc.
But it can be done, one just keep extra precations and spray for bugs sometimes.
Also keep everything extra clean is good.
But im lazy, so i have occasional outbreaks with bugs.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

OfflineCanharo
Glassblowing Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Mateo] * 1
    #25328239 - 07/15/18 05:16 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Heres my Bumble Bee in the 45 Gal. pot, she's doing great.  I'm going to cut her back a bit and take alot of clones that I will be passing on to other plant lovers.  I've decided to keep her till next spring and then she'll go into the ground on a friends plot of land.
  Had a little friend in there hanging out lately which inspired me to take some pictures today.  I'll be sure to take some really nice pictures of her in the mouring when the sunlight lights her up before I take the clones, sun is setting so it's a little dark. Hope you guys are having a good weekend, I don't post in here as often as I wish I did but I love it here and you guys got some beautiful trees too :bongload:

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Canharo]
    #25328484 - 07/15/18 07:34 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Lovely Bublebee

Is that a tree frog?
Frogs over here usually dont have those round ball-like ends on the fingers.

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: KannaKris]
    #25328491 - 07/15/18 07:40 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KannaKris said:
I grew out one of these to about 8 foot tall, and even as much as I cared for it, and babied it in my humid subtropical grow zone, and no matter how much you consumed of it, there were little to no effects at all. I think there may be something to homegrown plants being inactive or very weak.

Home grown Kratom is just as good as the stuff bought from overseas. Perhaps the plant you grew was just weak.

--------------------

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: karode13]
    #25328682 - 07/15/18 09:04 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Canharo beautiful bumblebee you have there I love the shape. I don't know if the angle/picture is causing it or if its leafs are starting to turn lime green/yellow. If they are in fact starting to fade from deep dark green you'll want to check the pH of your soil, adjust if needed, and add iron. Seems that Kratom get chlorosis easier than all the other species I grow put together.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25328845 - 07/15/18 10:29 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like a Cuban but I can't be certain.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

InvisibleKannaKris
    #25329085 - 07/16/18 04:03 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pinedownpioneer said:
It's possible for home grown plants to supply all the Kratom you need and be quite potent.

I dont pick leafs off trees for the soul purpose of consumption but save all the leafs that are trimmed off cuttings for rooting clones.  If I had to pick leafs I would but I'm going to wait another year or two then it will be on.

Right on man, it's good to know! Good luck with yours:cool:

Quote:

karode13 said:
Quote:

KannaKris said:

Home grown Kratom is just as good as the stuff bought from overseas. Perhaps the plant you grew was just weak.

Yep, that was most likely the case, because mine got huge, and had super big phat leaves, that offered little effects even with huge dosses. It was the bumblebee strain too, and I acquired it from a reputable person. However, I did research, and found that I was not the only person that experienced little to no effect from their homegrown plants, so it may have just been my growing conditions, who knows.

Edited by KannaKris (07/16/18 05:11 AM)

OfflineCanharo
Glassblowing Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

#25329456 - 07/16/18 09:46 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mateo said:
Lovely Bublebee

Is that a tree frog?
Frogs over here usually dont have those round ball-like ends on the fingers.

Quote:

pinedownpioneer said:
Canharo beautiful bumblebee you have there I love the shape. I don't know if the angle/picture is causing it or if its leafs are starting to turn lime green/yellow. If they are in fact starting to fade from deep dark green you'll want to check the pH of your soil, adjust if needed, and add iron. Seems that Kratom get chlorosis easier than all the other species I grow put together.

Yes he's a Cuban :biggrin: we've had an influx this last year or two and I see them just about everyday, and yeah was checking the PH and supplementing last week should start to look a bit better in another week or two, I need to get into routinely feeding her and doing PH checks instead of when I remember

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Canharo]
    #25329624 - 07/16/18 11:11 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Gorgeous plants :smile: cute frog haha!

Also, that's reassuring mateo.. I am just putting as many plants as possible under domes - even though of course there is no moving air under a dome (while there is in my room with a cracked window and a pc fan aimed at my plants from afar). All kratoms under domes are doing okay actually.

And yea i do keep it all pretty neat. Don't wanna jinx it but at the moment I am happy about how under control the bugs are. Apart from small jumpy bugs which just eat decomposed matter as far as I know, I have been thoroughly infested with those ever since I used my dad's rainwater..

I see weird stuff though like crumpled leaves.. Other species of plants have that too, may be a sign of virus or bacteria I think. idk how to test for that or treat.

It's just too bad that my humid grow tent is not a hopeful project. It gets super dry when I turn on the LED lights... otherwise it would be perfect for the Mitra's.

How do you guys fertilize?

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Solipsis]
    #25329738 - 07/16/18 11:58 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:

How do you guys fertilize?

I mainly use blood meal and coffee grounds.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: ferrel_human]
    #25330472 - 07/16/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I used to use only liquid fertilizers in the water but are now trying cow shit, bone and blood meal.
I think the manure and blood/bone meal is better but to early to tell yet.

--------------------

OfflineDGB
Stranger
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Mateo] * 1
    #25332983 - 07/18/18 04:44 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

my seed grown plant just put out a bunch of large leaves, they all have these serrations, out of all the leafs that have them they all seem to be on one side of each leaf, ill have to see if this continues or if they start to appear on both sides of future leaves.  just repotted it a day ago, to something a bit larger. same depth but wider all around by 3~ inches from what it was in before, was the biggest pot i could find that i thought i would still b able to pick up and move without too much trouble, will buy me some time while i figure out if i want to keep it potted or stick it in the ground somewhere.  had a little scare when i re potted it though, i guess it had rained hard while i was at work so the soil was still super wet under the surface but looked dry from the top, when i pulled it out of the pot the weight of the soil broke a fuck ton of roots, i quickly shoved everything into the new pot, covered it with soil. i don't know how much damage was caused but so far it seems to be doing ok, no outward signs of wilting/damage/ect. ill have to be more carefully going forward with that, never really had that problem before with other plants, even with wet soil, not sure if kratom just doesn't have strong roots or what, the root ball seemed very well consolidated.  before re potting i had removed a 4~ inch sucker from the base and dipped it in rooting hormone, its in some peat moss in the aquarium, so we’ll see how well that roots, so far it’s been about a few days and hasn't wilted at all.

just ordered a rifat plant, should be here in a day or two, ill have to make room for it. from the pics of the plant the leaves look pretty different from my current plant, ill have to take a side by side pic when it comes.

iv been using just normal all-purpose miracle grow, along with the occ light sprinkle of 10/20/20 granular, both have micro nutrients so hopefully there should be no nutrient deficiencies with the plant, i also tend to do 1/2-1/4 strength more frequently then directed, never had any problems with any of my plants with fert burn or anything, i figure i would rather do a more consistent feeding with dilute ferts then the more traditional feast or famine style of fertilizing as directed by the labels, 4 weeks no nutes then suddenly a fuck ton before another 4 weeks of nothing.  I also occasionally add in some gypsum to the ferts since most ferts don’t contain calcium as part of their micronutrient list, that and gypsum doesn’t affect the PH of the soil so why not….also I have a fuck ton of it left over from when I used to grow shrooms. i did order ferts for acid loving plants from my gardenias so im gonna start using that since it will lower the ph and maintain it at a slightly acidic range. 

Edited by DGB (07/18/18 04:59 AM)

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: DGB]
    #25333297 - 07/18/18 10:02 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

DGB, I’m just curious but do you live in a very dry climate? I sent several different kratom strains to somebody in the desert south west, and every one of his plants grew leaves like those in your picture. None of my plants here in Georgia have grown horned leaves, so we concluded it was a response to the dry climate. You should feel lucky, every body wants a Maeng Da plant.

--------------------

InvisibleSpacedout201
Friend to all

#25333333 - 07/18/18 10:24 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
Quote:

KannaKris said:

I know for a fact that the potency of the plant which is around 75% always a known and active clone that the potency shifts in different climates. I'm sorry to disagree but this is something I had to learn the hard  way and I've bought from TX, GA, SC and  somewhere else I can't remember but TX Made the best. The one from TX was a Bumble bee clone and the same  from the one in SC and the shit from SC was just that 'Shit'.

--------------------
Selling my Tricho clones this year in the Market Place. Here's one of my links

Hit me up via PM if you're interested in adding some healthy plants to your collection.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: Spacedout201]
    #25333391 - 07/18/18 11:01 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

If I was DGB I would make that picture my avatar.

--------------------

OfflineDGB
Stranger
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #25333801 - 07/18/18 02:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JizzMasterZero said:
DGB, I’m just curious but do you live in a very dry climate? I sent several different kratom strains to somebody in the desert south west, and every one of his plants grew leaves like those in your picture. None of my plants here in Georgia have grown horned leaves, so we concluded it was a response to the dry climate. You should feel lucky, every body wants a Maeng Da plant.

no. i live on an island and by the water, my humidity is 85%+ 24/7

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: The Official Kratom Growers Thread. [Re: DGB]
    #25333960 - 07/18/18 03:53 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Big ass leaves.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf