Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loss of Self
    #2532532 - 04/06/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

At one point in my life approximately 6 monthes ago i started to gain interest in self discovery, generaly analyzation of people, breaking down my life, the whole package. As of the past month these feelings have gone away, i havent had those moments where time feels like it stops and i completely appreciate my being, i feel less profound, like something in me died and now im stuck in this cycle of relative unimportance and detachment. Can anyone give any suggestions on how i should go about reforming this, i dont know what the problem is, maybe i need a new inspiration (yet to be honest with the beauty around me i shouldnt need anything new, life is quite profound on its own), if you have any suggestions or have had a similar situation please let me know, Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Loss of Self [Re: AllThingsNinja]
    #2532632 - 04/06/04 08:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Eat some mushrooms!  :biggrin:

No, seriously. :smile:

User Gallery

#2532650 - 04/06/04 08:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Love yourself in that detached state. Your mind is a blank slate as maybe you are expirencing withdrawal from your ego (which you want to detach?). Like I read on these forums not too long ago: develop a skill that you really enjoy.

Also, dont be afraid to let yourself observe things for awhile. These feelings are happening for a purpose whether you realize it yet or not. Be happy and love who you are... you are the best person you can be at this moment and your future is being created by you at this very moment; and the past does not exist (be responsible for your actions, represent yourself well, but have no regret in your decisions).

Peace :smile:

As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (04/06/04 08:29 PM)

Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Loss of Self [Re: psyka]
    #2532681 - 04/06/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I had a similar experience. When I was 16 I started smoking weed. And everything was just so magical. Experiences w/ my friends... It was more than fun. Those days are over now. At times I feel like I have lost the magic, but I think that it had to do with the new experiences with drugs. I dont even smoke anymore because its not the same. After those days ended I was pretty bummed for a while like u. But it passes. You just need to try and experience new things if possible. Do as much as u can. Go camping with some friends, do shrooms, throw a big party  :grin:. Thats all the advice I can give.  :thumbup:

#2532706 - 04/06/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you're depressed. Take measures to increase your level of seratonin.

"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Male User Gallery
    #2533287 - 04/07/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have been dealing with that for about 2/3 of my life... you just have to find a way to keep your mind activly aware of things like "and your future is being created by you at this very moment" ,
and how you have the chance of a lifetime that others would never have had, and even though you may realize this, and still want to let life pass by, you must realize it is your destiny to to make it all it can be.

Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2533706 - 04/07/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if my experience was anything like yours, but I had a major event that happened in my life that caused me to see everything differently, and to start analyzing myself and things around me differently. It was totally an eye-opening experience.

The experience caused me to look at things differently, and to notice things that I didn't notice things before about the universe.

The onslaught of the new things I noticed, and the new way of looking at things, brought the world into a different perspective, and for a while, it seemed that all things were new.

Then, it slowed down, and at times I have felt that the world was maybe the same old place it had always been. But signs pop up from time to time, to show me that the world is truly a remarkable place, and I just keep watching for signs. They come and go.

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Loc: Pandurn
    #2533929 - 04/07/04 06:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It really comes down to what is happening in your mind at every given moment. Our thoughts can be seen as a ride, and what we thought before sets us up for what we are thinking now... general tends can develop as well.

I've had moments where I felt completely connected and aware. Everything makes sense, I can enjoy the moment no matter what is happening, and everything is perfect. Then sometimes I will have quite the opposite going on... life has no purpose and I suck, I am going to fail and there is no point in even trying.....

People will have great moments, and then they will sink down and they will have these terrible moments where they worry and feel insecure and etc. etc. etc...... what is the difference between the two moments?

Well, our thoughts aren't something that just happens and we have no control of. The difference is the thoughts you are having at that exact moment, of course. If you are one who isn't very active as far as the way your mind works and your thoughts, then pathways are going to build up and you will have no control... they tend to be hard to break out of, as well.

The thing about being aware of your mind and directing your thoughts is that you can't do it for awhile and then start to let go, since everything is pleasant and going your way... you will start to coast back into those thought patterns already set, which produces that gradual sinking feeling back into negativity. Eventually something will probably catch your attention and prompt you to start consciously directing your thoughts again.... and onward the cycle goes. :wink:

What you are thinking tomorrow ends up creating the way you will think tomorrow. Our minds are software that we program as we go. If you don't take a conscious approach to programming, chances are you are going to end up caught within the programs your mind is creating yourself... you will have no control and your awareness will fade away.

I know that if I am playing bass guitar and I am worrying about my playing, if I am going to be able to play this... my playing WILL start to suck because I am seperating myself from the experience of playing, those thoughts are pointless and they are interfering with what is going on in the moment.

It isn't easy to get to the point where you are aware that you are aware every moment, and you can direct your thoughts as you wish, without set, emotional-backed paths of thinking getting in your way.... those thought patterns are directly working aganist your doing so.

Mushrooms are good because they enable you to experience what it is like when you are free from these boundaries on your thinking and the tendencies and addictions that limit the actions we will decide to take... most people don't even actually decide to take actions, they just get carried along by their emotional-backed addictions....

The good ole' mushies shown me that there is a pure experience going on in every moment, and we've seperated ourselves from this experience way too much.... We are in need of connecting ourselves and eliminating the bullshit programming that has been taken too far, way past what was needed to ensure our survival, before we lose our connection to the essence of life itself.

You'll have to do all it takes to keep the good thoughts flowing in your mind. You can't give up and coast, because then the other built up currents of thoughts will take control. After you truly do free yourself from them and form your own, conscious way of thinking, it WILL be effortless and life will be your oyster... you just have to take a lot of effort and break free of our programs.

The best place to start would be to start observing, I think. Watch your thoughts and watch how you choose to interact with the world in different situations... honestly set out to find out how your mind is working right now.... it is great because your mind will show you what needs to be changed.

What we think and how we feel IS a choice we make every single moment. We tend to build up programs that cut our awareness and make our choices for us..... this is a result of an ego gone bad..... but we can make the choice ours again.

I'd definitely recommend checking out The Handbook To Higher Consciousness by Ken Keyes Jr.  :thumbup: Definitely the best book I've ever read.  :laugh:

The more you become aware of the workings of the mind, the more you will be aware of what seperates us from the experience being offered in the moment and what enchances the experience.

At night sometimes, in bed, I will start to worry about the future, and will descend into a spiral of insecurities and doubts... I've realized that it is me who lets myself fall into that spiral, and I also know that operating in that state of mind actually does make it impossible to life live and deal with whatever those doubts might have been concerning... I no longer worry in bed at night.  :grin:

As hard as it is to pick up momentum, the easier it gets after that initial push... just never give up! It'll take time, but the more you put into it and the more you try to keep conscious of your thoughts, the more you learn to start directing your thoughts, the faster you will get to the point where you no longer have to put effort into experiencing that perfect state of mind.... what you put into it is what you get, basically. Never give up!  :wink:

I guess it could all be summed up with "Free your mind".  :lol:
Peace. :mushroom2:

If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top. Pages: 1