Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Drying P. Weraroa
    #25325179 - 07/14/18 12:04 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Having been unsuccessful freezing tea made from P. Weraroa (10 shrooms worth barely provided threshold effects) I have become interested in drying them. I've read a bunch of conflicting information about whether P. Weraroa can be dried.
Most information says they will no longer be active or just won't dehydrate, but a few people have suggested that cutting them in half and then dehydrating at room temperature will result in active dried shrooms.

I collected a handful today to test. They weigh 49g fresh.

I threw together a makeshift ambient temperature dehydrator with a shot bucket and a PC fan.

The fruit bodies were cut in half and placed in the dehydrator. I will report back when they are cracker dry, wish me luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcuriousmycologist
"Asking for a friend"
 User Gallery

Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: MouldySandwich]
    #25325182 - 07/14/18 12:08 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Def let us know how it goes!

--------------------
We're all mentally ill. We're all delusional. We're all junkies. It's just a matter of degree
(the Venerable Robina Curtin)

Anything I say here is a fiction, for role play or research only. Full of bollocks I am. I wouldn't believe me.

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: Acuriousmycologist]
    #25326534 - 07/14/18 07:18 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So after around 15 hours under the fan they are now looking and feeling pretty dry, maybe a little spongy but mostly papery. They have turned a mottled yellow/green with blue patches.

They are now 6g, so were ~88% water.
What do you think? I'll have some tonight and report on short-term activity.

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

#25328894 - 07/15/18 11:04 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Ended up being too busy, weather was shit today so hopefully tomorrow night (want to watch the sunset).
Continued drying, down to 4g now.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25328996 - 07/16/18 12:33 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Please post with definitive proof that you can dry weraroa and they are still active, its been bugging me for years when people say you can't dry them..

--------------------

InvisibleAcuriousmycologist
"Asking for a friend"
 User Gallery

Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: xthrx]
    #25329002 - 07/16/18 12:37 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Watching...(not in a creepy way)

--------------------
We're all mentally ill. We're all delusional. We're all junkies. It's just a matter of degree
(the Venerable Robina Curtin)

Anything I say here is a fiction, for role play or research only. Full of bollocks I am. I wouldn't believe me.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Loc: Auckland, NZ Flag
Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: Acuriousmycologist]
    #25329131 - 07/16/18 05:05 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I would not even have bisected them.
Just chucked em in whole in a non-diy food dehydrator.

Thing about weraroa is they can have an exceptionally THICK peridium, especially the larger specimens. When dry some of em are kinda like trying to bite through a rock lol.

Can confirm P. weraroa is still psychoactive when dry. Just not as potent as P. subsecotioides.

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #25329162 - 07/16/18 05:42 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah they are definitely thick. The largest one took roughly 5 hours more than the other specimens to stop being spongy.

I would love to find Subs but I just happen to live across the road from hours of sprawling lowland Wellington rainforest tracks. Never chanced across a Sub so I work with what I've got :smile:

I've actually only consumed fresh fruit bodies before, can I still just chop/smash them up fine and throw it back as a lemon tek? I'll probably take 1.5g tomorrow which (judging by the number of bisected pieces) will produce a low level 2 trip assuming as potent as fresh.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25330406 - 07/16/18 06:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah those big thick skinned ones dry to rocks.
Fuck munching those rocks dry, crushing them to dust then putting the dust in a cup and grabbing a fresh lemon and preparing a nice glass of lemon tek is better than tryna chew those fucking things up with the teeth.

Some particularly hard dry weraroa might just break ur teeth before ur teeth break into the shell.

Other than the real thick peridiums drying into fucking rocks, weraroa can be dried no problem. :shrug:

Some people also think seco loose heaps of potency when they are dry for some reason.
So people think weraroa loose a hell of a lot of potency when dry.

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25330439 - 07/16/18 07:01 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I recommend starting with 2grams if ur feeling pussy and an eighth (3.5grams) if ur feeling hearty.

Just so you can confirm to us that these things still work when they are dry lol. A 2gram - 3.5gram trip will produce standard noticeable in-your-face effects. As apposed to gettin just the placebo or light visual distortion and deep interconnected thought that comes with low doses.

2 grams and under would be a low dose in my opinion. I would at least start the trial with a moderate dose. But you drop however much you want bro. Just a wee suggestion. :thumbup:

Subs are more potent that weraroa though, 1.5grams of particularly potent subs would kick ur ass around a bit. I had a 1 gram sub trip this year, never knew a mere gram could kick my ass that hard, hearty visual distortions and nasty bodyload lol.

Just been taking a half gram of subs on a lazy day and relaxing, nothing too intense happens and a marathon of smoking weed is awesome on that dose. It's like a micro-dose but it kicks your brain up a bit, relaxing times.

--------------------

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

#25330780 - 07/16/18 11:50 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Set my dose aside ready for when I got home, had a great day and the weather was looking perfect.
Got home from work early to hear that our flat's cat had drank some cleaning fluid at the vets and has a burned mouth and throat, plus a dangerously high temperature.

Mindset ruined  :depressing:
Seems the stars aren't aligning for me at the moment, but I'll try again someday soon.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25330899 - 07/17/18 02:37 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Wait wait wait wait wait, your cat.
Drank cleaning fluid, AT THE VET?

Or cat drank cleaning chemicals at home?

The lazy bleach tongue lickups or did kitty go thirsty african mode on the chemicals?

Humans and their fucking cleaning chemicals interfering with cat life.

--------------------

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

#25330905 - 07/17/18 03:09 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah she was at the vet to get spayed and the vet put her in a cage that wasn't supposed to be used for kittens.
She got out and ended up walking through puddles of chemicals they hadn't cleaned up, got into her esophagus when she cleaned herself. She eyes are somewhat damaged as well.

She has been given some sort of opioid patch to numb her up and we've taken her to a different vet now.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25330961 - 07/17/18 05:07 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, I read that right, AT THE FUCKING VET

That's twisted as fuck you don't take ur cat to the vet to get even more sick.

So was just the lazy grooming licks that caused that, fuck that shit is toxic to cats, probably toxic to humans also. :shrug: :cat:

--------------------

Invisiblemudpuppy
Daddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: chch, NZ
    #25331007 - 07/17/18 06:13 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:popcorn:
What will happen next?  (hopefully a beautiful weraroa trip)

p.s. hope your pussy heals up okay  :smile:

--------------------
How thrilling it is to hunt psilocybes!                                                                            ... and how beautiful the finds!  :sun:

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: Drying P. Weraroa [Re: mudpuppy]
    #25331370 - 07/17/18 11:10 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mudpuppy said:
hope your pussy heals up okay  :smile:

:rimshot:

--------------------

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

#25339999 - 07/22/18 03:58 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The cat is doing great, looks like she'll be fine and is getting better every day.

On another note both set and setting aligned today and I had a beautiful experience.

Took 1.5g and came up while listening to music and watching the sunset.
Facing the sun the sky and clouds were erupting in blue, gold and green, facing the other direction the sky turned from dark blue to deep purple while pink streaks like fingers stretched across the horizon.
Had some nausea so walked for a bit while watching the rolling hills disappear as the twilight faded to black.
Lay on a bank listening to music and alternated between watching the stars and watching my CEVs.
Smoked a bit of weed and started walking home, felt pretty sober until a rocky/clay bank was covered in dozens of faces that were merging a little.
The whole trip I was almost welling up thinking about how much I love my friends and family, how grateful I am for them and that we never talk about these feelings but totally should.

So yeah, I'd say they're still active after being dried.

:loveheart:

Edited by MouldySandwich (07/22/18 05:34 AM)

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25340040 - 07/22/18 05:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah cats heal well, mine got a chunk of flesh ripped out on his forehead, probably from a fight, was so deep could see his scalp it was fucked as and disturbing lol. Took him to the vet and he healed quick like a month later was not even noticeable flesh and fur grew back fine.

--------------------

OfflineMouldySandwich
Transient
Male

#25340057 - 07/22/18 05:41 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I tried to powder them in a mortar and pestle, the gleba powdered very easily but the peridium was like fucking leather, ended up chopping the remaining skin up with scissors.

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#25341553 - 07/22/18 11:44 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MouldySandwich said:
the peridium was like fucking leather, ended up chopping the remaining skin up with scissors.

If cracker dry, would the peridium still be like fucking leather, or would it crumble to powder? :lmafo:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag