Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
HANOI (dpa) - A brother and sister from an ethnic minority group in northern Vietnam died after eating poisonous mushrooms, a police officer said Sunday. Lo Van En, 13, picked a number of white, tea-cup sized mushrooms last Saturday while out collecting firewood in the northern mountainous province of Lai Chau, said Lam Thanh, a local police officer.
En's mother had not seen this type of mushroom before, so she threw them out, but the boys' father went and collected the rejected mushrooms and cooked them for lunch, the police officer said from the province 300 kilometres northwest of Hanoi.