Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRammud
Stranger

Loc: TX
Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics?
    #25321077 - 07/11/18 06:13 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This may sound really naïve and silly, but how do you find friends to talk to about your interest in psychedelics? I usually pride myself in talking about sensitive subjects openly, but I don't feel like I can just go onto my Facebook account and post "SO WHICH OF MY FRIENDS WANTS TO TALK ABOUT DRUGS, HUH?"

A little background: I'm a 36 year old woman who works for myself from home and has kids. I have a lot of wonderful people in my life, but everyone I've tentatively reached out to about this has been vaguely disapproving or, at best, just not very interested. I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a kid and I've tried what seems like EVERY traditional treatment, medication, therapy, etc., with very limited success. Psychedelics have been a very recent development in my life and a real game changer, so I'm of course very enthusiastic!

If any of you have stories about how you made new friends or connected with existing friends over this topic, I'd love the hear them. Thanks!

--------------------
I'm pretty new to all this! Please feel free to correct any mistakes I make with terminology.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Rammud] * 2
    #25321122 - 07/11/18 06:34 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone in my life; if they can't deal with it, or don't wanna know, they're hanging around the wrong person.

Then it tends to delve into absolutely everything universal, occult and mysterious.

Most people either think I'm on the edge of Sanity, or take solace in my casual approach of otherwise difficult topics.

I'm very suspicious of people who shy away from such topics.

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: GrimTroll]
    #25321175 - 07/11/18 06:50 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Like GrimTroll, i would say everybody lol, regardless if they wanna hear it or not. I'm very outspoken and passionate about Psychedelics, and it may make me look crazy and weird from time to time but i'm Autistic so i'm crazy and weird anyways lol, but most people can tell i know what i'm talking about because i go really in depth especially about the pharmacology and how it works on the brain and what all it does/is capable of, i'm pretty scientific and knowledgeable about it. I also post about it on facebook pretty much daily lol.

I think the time has come to remove the stigma surrounding Psychedelics, come out of the Psychedelic closet and show people how wrong and misunderstanding they are about Psychedelics, especially with Cannabis legalization happening. I do think if enough people rise above the bullshit and look at the facts while dismissing the rumors/myths/lies, eventually we can legalize Psychedelics, it's quite possible but it's going to take a lot of work to dispel the rumors. I do think approaching it from a spiritual/religious perspective, and possibly medicinal perspective, first and foremost will get people to open their eyes about these tools. There will always be those who are too stuck in their perspective/understanding of things and will always be biased about Psychedelics no matter what, but i do think the majority of people will one day catch on and accept/embrace them, at least i hope.

--------------------

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: GrimTroll] * 1
    #25321192 - 07/11/18 06:58 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Not an uncommon problem. That's one reason I'm grateful to have discovered this forum. Exactly no one I know has any interest in psychedelics. The few friends I have who still smoke weed give me the eye-roll when I start talking about doing a little acid, or wanting to go shroomin'.
Like it or not, part of this experience is having some of your friends think you're a little nuts. I kind of like that. But I don't have co-workers, parents, or anyone whose disapproval is of any consequence.
Let 'em think you're a little daft. As long as you're having fun, enjoy it.

JWM

OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: JWM]
    #25321203 - 07/11/18 07:02 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Truly, this has really been a great place for me, when I've needed it.

I've left and come back a lot, only to remember this is where home is, no matter how goofy it gets sometimes. Haha; I've been here a while, and don't post a whole lot, but I really do appreciate this community; even if I seem like a miserable twat half the time.

I'm also, now at a point in my life, where, like Sabnok said, my old friends sort of roll their eyes when I start saying we should do some mushrooms this weekend or something; they wanna settle, and I'm just wanting to find new people more like me, it's a crazy venture, but it's what feels right. 

I'd love to get out to BC, and just find a chill hippy community to spend the rest of my days.

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: JWM] * 1
    #25321209 - 07/11/18 07:06 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Same boat. I'm having trouble coming out to my mother. Though she accepts it, she is afraid I will try other substances like heroin. I think that's her biggest fear. And like many others, has little to zero interest in the subject of psychedelics or drugs.

Search your town for any groups that focus on psychedelics. I know in Denver, there's The Psychedelic Group of Denver. I found them on meetup.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: HamHead]
    #25321232 - 07/11/18 07:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

My friends, my brother & my mother

I lost my girlfriend because of psychedelics :lol:

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: grati] * 3
    #25321336 - 07/11/18 08:28 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

My cat. Only one that understands

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Enkidu]
    #25321378 - 07/11/18 08:55 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I pester all my family and friends about psychedelics, some like it, some not I guess. But if they dont like I find it their problem, not mine, I'm not forcing anyone to take anything.

But I already got my father to try mushrooms and he is 67 and never did drugs before :lol:

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25321407 - 07/11/18 09:11 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I have a handful of mates that I can talk 2 about any types of drugs, mostly psychedelics though. I am lucky 2 have these people in my life, without them, I don't know where I would be right now.

I have numerous stories I could share, but my grammar is absolute trash.... So I'll leave out the painstaking ordeal of actually reading my bs lol. Also the stories can be rather deep/depressing.. I do have positive stories which thankfully outweigh the negative ones.

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Rammud]
    #25321589 - 07/12/18 12:56 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rammud said:
This may sound really naïve and silly, but how do you find friends to talk to about your interest in psychedelics? I usually pride myself in talking about sensitive subjects openly, but I don't feel like I can just go onto my Facebook account and post "SO WHICH OF MY FRIENDS WANTS TO TALK ABOUT DRUGS, HUH?"

A little background: I'm a 36 year old woman who works for myself from home and has kids. I have a lot of wonderful people in my life, but everyone I've tentatively reached out to about this has been vaguely disapproving or, at best, just not very interested. I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a kid and I've tried what seems like EVERY traditional treatment, medication, therapy, etc., with very limited success. Psychedelics have been a very recent development in my life and a real game changer, so I'm of course very enthusiastic!

If any of you have stories about how you made new friends or connected with existing friends over this topic, I'd love the hear them. Thanks!

You can lead a horse too water.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #25321615 - 07/12/18 01:52 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rammud said:

You have science and your personal story on your side here. Of course, it depends on how close you are to the people you'd like to talk to, and how open-minded they are. But I think approaching the subject from a mental health point of view, citing the research done at leading universities (Johns Hopkins, NYU, etc.), is a good starting point. If you're comfortable sharing personal stuff, you might add that you were able to verify their efficacy by yourself. Maybe the people you're close to have seen you change in a good way, so you can tell them where that came from. Who could disapprove of something that has made you feel better after every conventional treatment failed you?

Mind you, the conditioning against drugs is still *very* strong. I recently met a girl who suffers from terrible cluster headaches. Everywhere she goes, she takes an oxygen kit with her to use in case a bout should occur. I told her she could be helped with subpsychedelic doses of mushrooms, and she did some research, but in the end, she decided against it, because she doesn't want to "take drugs"... coming from someone who takes morphine preventively every morning! Go figure... So I guess it's up to you to rightly assess the people you want to open up to.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #25322027 - 07/12/18 10:23 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rammud said:

I'll talk to anybody about it if it comes up.  But there's a pretty obvious phenomenon that occurs when you first start to realize the benefits - the proselytizing stage.  And just like somebody trying to push religion it meets with resistance in most people.  Not saying that's what happening but I've seen it often enough myself.  So ideally it's kind of like Buddhism should be, after the "Oh gosh I found Zen!" stage - you know it, you practice it, you sort of glow with the inner knowledge - and that makes people interested if they have the capacity to inquire.

If not, you've no obligation.  In the meantime, welcome Shroomery.  :scaryshroom::thumbup:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
    #25322082 - 07/12/18 10:56 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rammud said:

the nature of psychedelics deal with topics most people will fanatically deny. so be prepared to not connect with most people:shrug:

real people? who are truly on the level are really hard to find because we all have secrets to protect and the general population are judgemental little shits.

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: mushboy]
    #25322256 - 07/12/18 12:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Theres only 2 people who know I use psychs, me and my girl. What's crazy is when I met her I mentioned nothing of it but was 100% comfortable offering her a Roxy 30. Several months go by and she asked me why I needed "quiet me time" twice a month, so i was honest with her that i take psychs to cleanse my mind. She  was cool with it and as time went on she became inquisitive and tried her first dose ever with me and fell in love. Now we trip together whenever we can. Outside of that though I dont live a life that would accept my psych use or the fact I grow mushies. So shhhhhhhhhh lol

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his
Fellow man is either a fool or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant
If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: MentalPariah]
    #25322395 - 07/12/18 01:45 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I have no problems talking about it 90% of the time. I have no reason not to chime in if the subject comes up. I'm doing quite well for myself psychs have definitely contributed some great qualities and 'change of mind' that have led to great things.

It's time to go picking at the pasture! (Really past time but I bet there's a lot of big ones out)

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

InvisibleAcuriousmycologist
"Asking for a friend"
 User Gallery

#25323331 - 07/13/18 12:41 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in almost exactly the same boat. Haven't tried but curious. But no one to talk to. Allllll by my lelf, don't wanna be allll by myleeellllf.
Sometimes my partner but he's not tried either.

--------------------
We're all mentally ill. We're all delusional. We're all junkies. It's just a matter of degree
(the Venerable Robina Curtin)

Anything I say here is a fiction, for role play or research only. Full of bollocks I am. I wouldn't believe me.

OfflineRammud
Stranger

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Aldous]
    #25324084 - 07/13/18 01:13 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! I've started to share occasional TED talks and such on the subject on social media to kind of test the waters. I'm taking note of who consistently  likes the posts.

While all my friends and family are used to me being pretty "out there", I think my biggest reservation right now is my fear about all the negative conditioning toward illegal drugs. While I know plenty of people who are perfectly enthusiastic about things like marijuana and alcohol, I feel like I'm subject to extra scrutiny because I'm a mother with young children.

I'm a very devoted and conscientious parent, and I think that's apparent to anyone who knows me, but still.

--------------------
I'm pretty new to all this! Please feel free to correct any mistakes I make with terminology.

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
    #25324372 - 07/13/18 03:51 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha, I also posted some psychedelics TED talk with some "fight against ignorance and prejudice" comment in social media. It got one like :shrug::lol:

Dont let anyone judge you. Coming out on these topics can be a good way to weed out judgemental or close minded people from your life. Or at least to find out who within those really cares for you.

If someone is not going to talk to you because you talk about or take psychedelics maybe you dont want them in your life anyway. Let the downers go and look for people that dont drag you down or constrain your experiences, but lift you and add positive things to your life instead.

We have more choice than we realize and the people we surround ouselves with have quite a lot of influence in how we think and what we end up doing.

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

Offlineshakezoola
Stranger

Re: Who Do You Talk To About Your Interest In Psychedelics? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25324599 - 07/13/18 06:00 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

It is strange how people change so much over time, and how powerful shrooms are! I first got into psychs 10+ years ago in college, and then midway through stopped doing it out of just general disinterest (mostly taking it as a party drug and being irresponsible, not getting much out of it...).  Now almost 10 years later since my last trip the itch had surfaced, and after reading and listening more about mushrooms and psychedelics as an adult, my perspective has changed greatly!  No one I've talked to recently, even those who were more into it than I was back in the day, seems interested in partaking or even talking deeply about it.

After tripping for the first time in 9.5 years it was like naturally discovering shrooms all over again, but as a mature adult who knows what they're getting into.  It's at this point that having someone to talk to about it would even be better than in the past, but everyone seems to afraid to jump back in or engage in the discussions.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale