Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention * 1
    #25320832 - 07/11/18 04:02 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/11/trump-drains-hivaids-funding-to-pay-for-child-migrant-detention/

Quote:

The Trump administration is reportedly draining money from HIV treatment programmes in order to fund child migrant detention.

Slate reports that budget documents show funding has been reallocated within the Department of Health and Human Services from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program to pay for the Trump administration’s aggressive stance on child migrants, which may require thousands of people to be detained.

According to documents leaked to the outlet, funding is already being drained from the primary government programme for HIV/AIDS care in the US to fund the surge in detention work undertaken by the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

Slate alleges that “the process of transferring those HIV/AIDS funds has already begun”, while the department is set to seek further appropriations from Congress.

ORR documents project that 25,400 beds for minors being detained will be required by the end of the year, according to the outlet, leaving a budget shortfall of $585 million in fiscal year 2018, and $1.3 billion in the first quarter of fiscal year 2019.

The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, which was set up in 1990, has been funded across multiple Presidential administrations and works to “providea comprehensive system of care that includes primary medical care and essential support services for people living with HIV”.

David Stacy, the Human Rights Campaign’s Director of Government Affairs, told pinkNews: “This administration’s cruelty toward undocumented children and families has been unconscionable.

“Now, we learn they are considering diverting funds from programs to provide health care for people living with HIV and medical support for refugees in order to pay for this president’s heartless obsession with imprisoning kids.

“The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program is one of our nation’s premier public health efforts, and it is unthinkable that this administration would divert funds away from HIV treatment to fund its cruel attacks on kids and families at the border.”

It has long been in the crosshairs of Vice President Mike Pence, who famously once pledged to drain funding from the programme in order to fund state-sponsored ‘gay cure’ therapy.

On a 2000 Congressional campaign website, Pence wrote: “Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organisations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviours that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus.

“Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behaviour.”

HIV/AIDS policy has suffered significantly under the Trump administration, with the President shuttering the White House Office of National AIDS Policy and dismissing all the members of the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS.

Trump – who once joked about coercively giving an HIV test to Princess Diana – has faced criticism from all sides for his approach on the issue.

Former President George W Bush previously issued a public warning to Trump over proposals to budget for the US government’s international HIV/AIDS programme, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).

Former President Bush, who is often praised for setting up PEPFAR despite his broadly regressive stances on LGBT issues, penned an op-ed for the Washington Post warning against any cuts.

He wrote: “My administration launched PEPFAR in 2003 to address the HIV/AIDS pandemic that threatened to wipe out an entire generation on the continent of Africa. Nearly 15 years later, the program has achieved remarkable results in the fight against

“Nearly 15 years later, the program has achieved remarkable results in the fight against disease. Today, because of the commitment of many foreign governments, investments by partners, the resilience of the African people and the generosity of the American people, nearly 12 million lives have been saved.”

He added: “As the executive and legislative branches review the federal budget, they will have vigorous debates about how best to spend taxpayers’ money — and they should.

“Some will argue that we have enough problems at home and shouldn’t spend money overseas. I argue that we shouldn’t spend money on programs that don’t work, whether at home or abroad.

“But they should fully fund programs that have proven to be efficient, effective and results-oriented.

“Saving nearly 12 million lives is proof that PEPFAR works, and I urge our government to fully fund it. We are on the verge of an AIDS-free generation, but the people of Africa still need our help.

“The American people deserve credit for this tremendous success and should keep going until the job is done.”

Though diplomatically worded, the former Republican leader’s statement serves as a coded warning to Trump – and will be a rallying cry for moderates in Congress on the issue.

President Obama also previously warned about the importance of maintaining funding for HIV/AIDS projects.

The former President said: “We need to do more to reach those who are at risk for contracting HIV/AIDS, and the United States is helping shape the world’s response to this crisis and working alongside the international community to end this epidemic by 2030.

“We have strengthened and expanded the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), with now more than $70 billion invested, to accelerate our progress and work to control this epidemic with comprehensive and data-focused efforts.

“With PEPFAR support for more than 11 million people on life-saving treatment and through contributions to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria — including a new pledge of more than $4 billion through 2019 — there are now more than 18 million people getting HIV treatment and care.

“Because in sub-Saharan Africa young women and adolescent girls are over eight times more likely to get HIV/AIDS than young men, we launched a comprehensive prevention program to reduce HIV infections among this population in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.

“We have also helped prevent millions of new infections worldwide, including in more than 1.5 million babies of HIV-positive mothers who were born free of HIV.”

He warned: “Although we have come far in recent decades, our work is not yet done and the urgency to intervene in this epidemic is critical… accelerating the progress we have made will require sustained commitment and passion from every sector of society and across every level of government around the world.”

I knew this BS would cost a ton of money, can't believe they are taking funds meant to help people with HIV/AIDS though...

Now we will be spending billions to house all the kids we have separated from their parents, and draining funds from other important health programs....

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Edited by musiclover420 (07/11/18 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: musiclover420]
    #25320846 - 07/11/18 04:09 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Should have not allowed entry in the first place,the world treats us like we,re their rich uncle

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: 5150]
    #25320865 - 07/11/18 04:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Should have not allowed entry in the first place,the world treats us like we,re their rich uncle

That has nothing to do with this... They are already here, already detained, and already in camps, and we are already wasting tax payer money on this BS... Now trump will be siphoning $$$ from a program meant to help people with Aids...

You realize if we didn't try and take every single "illegal" to court we could actually just send them back right? Now we have literal babies appearing in court to be charged as "illegals" :facepalm3:

1-Year-Old Baby Appears In Immigration Court, Cries Hysterically

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: 5150]
    #25320878 - 07/11/18 04:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

5150 said:

Oh yeah they are also separating and detaining us citizens by the way:

Officials admit they may have separated family – who might be US citizens – for up to a year

There have been numerous other articles coming out about actual citizens who were detained... And you can expect a lot more as more people come forward.

--------------------

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: musiclover420]
    #25321007 - 07/11/18 05:43 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Criminals get separated from their families every day in the USA. Many times for longer than a year.

OnlineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: mycosis] * 1
    #25321109 - 07/11/18 06:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Appears that that is no longer limited to criminals. It also includes people the wrong shade of white in the wrong place.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: Kryptos]
    #25321220 - 07/11/18 07:15 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Appears that that is no longer limited to criminals. It also includes people the wrong shade of white in the wrong place.

Source?

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: Kryptos]
    #25321229 - 07/11/18 07:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:

Sinse when do non criminals get separated from their families? And what does skin color have to do with anything?

Edited by MagicMush123 (07/11/18 07:31 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: mycosis]
    #25321260 - 07/11/18 07:35 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mycosis said:
Criminals get separated from their families every day in the USA. Many times for longer than a year.

Accused felons can be separated from their children. Illegal entry is not a felony.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (07/11/18 08:06 PM)

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: koods]
    #25321291 - 07/11/18 08:01 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Bet that Trump is going to hire Peter Dusberg in order to show the world that AIDS is a lie perpetrated by big pharma and that really caused by oxycontin and promiscuous gay sex.  Trump really is an African dictator after all.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25321296 - 07/11/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

5150 said:

That has nothing to do with this... They are already here, already detained, and already in camps, and we are already wasting tax payer money on this BS... Now trump will be siphoning $$$ from a program meant to help people with Aids...

You realize if we didn't try and take every single "illegal" to court we could actually just send them back right? Now we have literal babies appearing in court to be charged as "illegals" :facepalm3:

1-Year-Old Baby Appears In Immigration Court, Cries Hysterically

There's also a task force to strip naturalized citizens of their citizenship.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: chibiabos] * 1
    #25321302 - 07/11/18 08:08 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Using money that is supposed to be used for public health to hobble the economy by persecuting the country’s most reliable labor force. Brilliant

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: koods]
    #25321417 - 07/11/18 09:17 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Using money that is supposed to be used for public health to hobble the economy by persecuting the country’s most reliable labor force. Brilliant

Tremendous, even.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: chibiabos]
    #25321507 - 07/11/18 10:40 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

koods said:

Tremendous, even.

Biggly winning?

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25321523 - 07/11/18 10:57 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

koods said:

Tremendous, even.

Biggly winning?

So good, really its been a great thing that has been doing with those people, you know.  Everybody knows.  Some people, you know, they don't want to talk about it, but they know, really, everybody talks about it.  It's all they talk about.  "Oh, Trump's doing this he's doing that," all of them.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: chibiabos]
    #25321553 - 07/11/18 11:55 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

koods said:

Tremendous, even.

Biggly winning?

So good, really its been a great thing that has been doing with those people, you know.  Everybody knows.  Some people, you know, they don't want to talk about it, but they know, really, everybody talks about it.  It's all they talk about.  "Oh, Trump's doing this he's doing that," all of them.

Did you see his recent quote about "breaking records with his mouth" and not needing any instruments?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-mouth-musical-instrument/

Quote:

I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record.

Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

:rofldrunk:

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #25321745 - 07/12/18 06:09 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The US wants illegals... The US need to pay for it.

AIDS patient are a very small minority and the private sector has been working on AIDS for decades.  The US government can get out of that expense and count on the private sector.  It's a safe bet IMO.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #25321941 - 07/12/18 09:29 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'd rather my money go to AIDS research than migrant detention.  But I don't live in a democracy - no one asked me.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump drains HIV/AIDS funding to pay for child migrant detention [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #25322423 - 07/12/18 02:01 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
The US wants illegals... The US need to pay for it.

AIDS patient are a very small minority and the private sector has been working on AIDS for decades. 

There is a huge gap between wanting illegals and forcing tax payers to spend billions so we can keep them locked up and take literally every one including actual babies to court...

We can spend money on both believe it or not...

Quote:

The US government can get out of that expense and count on the private sector.  It's a safe bet IMO.

You mean the private sector like that company that raised the prices on their aids meds over 1000%?

Quote:

In 2015, Martin Shkreli, chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals, sparked uproar after increase the cost of anti-Aids drug Daraprim by more than 5,000 per cent, from $13.50 to $750 a pill.

Yeah I have a lot of faith in the private sector... Seems like spending billions to research major diseases would be a lot more useful then paying to keep immigrants locked up.

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (07/12/18 02:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder