Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechrisdab
Friend
First grow health questions (pics)
    #2531880 - 04/06/04 04:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys. First time posting and first time growing. My shrooms have made it to full growth and right now I am worried about infection, shrooms dying, and general health of my shrooms. If these guys are bad, are they salvageable?

I used a kit to grow them and have followed directions that came with the kit which was to place the container of shrooms into a water filled container. I have kept the temperature constant between 79-85 F and have used an ultrasonic humidifier occasionally to add humidity.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: First grow health questions (pics) [Re: chrisdab]
    #2531999 - 04/06/04 05:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

temp should be 74-78F

those shrooms look like there dripping wet....thats bad....and thats probally whats causing the bad health...

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: chrisdab]
    #2532079 - 04/06/04 05:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinechrisdab
Friend
Re: First grow health questions (pics) [Re: Citric]
    #2532105 - 04/06/04 05:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What about the ones inside the container. They cant be picked unless I remove the (substrate?) from the container. Did the first picture show signs of contamination? I had to pick a shroom off that was drooping into the water, but i couldnt get the roots part of the shrooms out.

InvisibleDieCommie

#2532119 - 04/06/04 05:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

there are no roots. only mycelium, you don't want that. Pick the fruits from on top....

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #2532128 - 04/06/04 05:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

any blueing you see is bruising and its normal.

You should empty the water from the container and get some perlite for the bottom to sustain a good humidity. mist the sides and fan the inside out 3 times a day.

when you pick..grab as close to the base as possible and twist. you should be able to pull of the mushy and not to much else.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinechrisdab
Friend
Re: First grow health questions (pics) [Re: dobinky]
    #2532219 - 04/06/04 05:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

But there are pins and aborts inside the small container. I wish i had the space left to upload another picture to show you.

Do I just dump everything out from the growth container so I can pick off those aborts? If so what do i do with the mycelium then?

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #2532246 - 04/06/04 06:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

pick everything that looks like it should be picked (aborts too)

then when you pick everything off put the casing in something and fill with water. stick it in the fridge over nite and then drain and put it back in the fruiting chamber thingy. in a week or 2 youll have more pins. repeat this 2-4 times more.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #2532363 - 04/06/04 06:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chrisdab said:
What about the ones inside the container. They cant be picked unless I remove the (substrate?) from the container. Did the first picture show signs of contamination? I had to pick a shroom off that was drooping into the water, but i couldnt get the roots part of the shrooms out.

You will notice that after you pick all the mushies on top that the casing will be seperated by the sides. It will be very easy to just dump the block onto your hand and pick the shrooms on the sides and whatnot. Just stay somewhat clean.

Some tips as well...
Dont water your shrooms. Humidity should be doing that for you if it is in the 90% range. To pick your mushies you just want to twist and pull. You dont want all the extra mycelium thats stuck to it underneath, you want to seperate it from the top of the casing so new flushes can come in and so the casing doesnt have big ass holes in it. Remeber new flushes will be coming in and they need that mycelium.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation