Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death??
    #25317985 - 07/10/18 08:19 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

So this year I've started experimenting with mushrooms. I've done many things in my life...I'm nearly 40 now and settled but recently I tried p subs for the first time....last night was my 4th trip and I took a large unmeasured dry dose....and had my location and surroundings perfect for a solo trip......I won't go too much into the trip itself....it was insane but 3/4 the way through it something happened....I felt like I'd left my self...I was in a half dream/half reality state and whatever I wanted to see I could....I felt like I was nothing but everything....it's so hard to explain....I was mesmerized, not scared...a tiny part of me knew I was tripping....but I wasn't me anymore.....is this ego death...I felt like it was.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: Life2short2follow]
    #25317997 - 07/10/18 08:34 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

So I guess it was, wasnt it?

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25318008 - 07/10/18 08:47 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I've just seen a lot of people ridiculed on here for using the term.....that picture is a nice way to explain it.....crazy...beautifully scary but fulfilling.

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25318017 - 07/10/18 09:04 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I guess the terms "ego death and spiritual rebirth trascendental experience" is to some extent interchangeable with "got so wasted on shrooms I could not find my own dick, bro".

Just different ways to talk and perceive the same thing.

--------------------

OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25318022 - 07/10/18 09:16 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Not doing Shrooms just to get wasted....I'm past that...wish I'd found them earlier in life.

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

#25318027 - 07/10/18 09:20 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

More than likely not.
Ego Death induces the Dark Night of the Soul, destroys the very foundation that the person built their life on, and is very dangerous for spiritually inept persons.
Leaving the body and going to other realms happens all the time on medium to high range dosages. Ego death is another monster and shouldn't be sought out via psychedelics.

Here's my experience from years back of Ego Death, it left me in shambles at the time for quite a while afterwards too.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18391817

Please compare.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: BayerPhi]
    #25318077 - 07/10/18 10:06 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I for one dont see anything wrong with "getting wasted on mushrooms". I dont see why so many people here have this moralistic, judgemental attitude against recreational use.

To me it is much better to spend a saturday night eating 6g of mushrooms for fun rather than eat a 32 oz bag of cheetos and watch "wtf is going on with the kardashians" or any other such bs people watch on tv.

--------------------

OfflineKetaminePeen
ruthless
Male User Gallery

Loc: this is hell
    #25318255 - 07/10/18 12:12 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Classical Defined Ego death is typical of a high dose of ketamine.

It involves the loss of all self; essentially being a newborn baby with no understanding of reality that thinks in grunts and screeches.

The reason ego death is so cool is because you completely have to put the pieces back together from scratch. Requires a lot of a particularly strong psych to do it. I've taken mushrooms and acid at the same time many and had a charactaristically different mental alteration than any other combo of psychedelic. So psychedelic it almost is disassociating even more than PCP.

At first it starts with empathy but then after I am frying for like 6 hours with an often retarded vengeance I start to come unwoven and disassociate in a psychosomatic response most likely..

--------------------

OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25318395 - 07/10/18 02:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Ahhh I see, your ego death was the real thing...but mine wasn't haha whatever I experienced it was amazing

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #25318416 - 07/10/18 02:17 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

is this ego death...I felt like it was.

Hard to tell from vague statements like "I felt like I was nothing but everything". It's difficult to exactly define 'ego death', but a full-on shroom trip has certain characteristics which leave you in little doubt that you've experienced what people mean by 'ego death'.

:aliceshocker:

One thing that makes "ego death" trips stand out is that they really make you feel like you have transcended into some other kind of reality - you've experienced God, you've had a guided tour of the matrix, you've become one with the universe, you've uncovered some momentous secret, you've died and seen the aliens controlling everything from behind the curtain.... some kind of experience that feels like a revelation of an immensely important but somehow obvious secret... which you would find it hard to explain when sober.

If you are obliterated by the strength of the trip and then cross over into some bliss-filled realm of your trip where you re-emerge as the secrets of the universe are revealed, and come down thinking "holy fuck I never thought that kind of trip was possible" then that would be ego-death territory. If this comes after an initial part of the trip that felt like an end-of-the-world spiral into death and insanity, or you felt sure you must have died until you started to come down, that would also be a clue. They call it ego death because you die inside the trip, and then you come back... or at least it can feel like that. I tried to explain it like this in another thread:

Quote:

The trip gets stronger and stronger and you get more and more detached from your usual reality, until it feels like normal life was something you vaguely remember from a long time ago.

It starts to feel like the trip is going to take over everything, like its the end of the world or you are going to die, and eventually it kind of wipes out your ability to think in a normal way.

What makes it an extraordinary experience is that while your normal sense of self is gone, you get this incredible feeling of the entire universe being one conscious entity, a new type of awareness, and as you come back to your senses you have this incredible sense of bliss, as though you've discovered something fundamental about the nature of reality.

It can feel as though you are dying, and leading up to the moment of "ego death" the trip can be an absolute nightmare where it feels as though you are on the brink of oblivion, fighting to stay alive. It can also feel like the trip is showing you what lies beyond death.

In summary I'd say there are three elements that go together:

1) Trip is strong enough to dissolve your usual conscious state of self-awareness while you are still awake

2) Discovering a new type of blissful universal oceanic awareness that underlies your normal conscious state

3) Being extremely fucking high

:slowpoke:

If you have a trip where it feels like you died and became God and discovered all the secrets of the universe, and you are absolutely astonished by the immense power of the experience, that would be the kind of thing I am talking about :peace:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: Inflaton] * 1
    #25318443 - 07/10/18 02:36 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inflaton said:
I for one dont see anything wrong with "getting wasted on mushrooms". I dont see why so many people here have this moralistic, judgemental attitude against recreational use.

To me it is much better to spend a saturday night eating 6g of mushrooms for fun rather than eat a 32 oz bag of cheetos and watch "wtf is going on with the kardashians" or any other such bs people watch on tv.

yup, yup and more yup.

psychedelics ARE fun.  they ARE recreational.  the ARE an escape from the rat race and a way to unwind.

and they most definitely are better than wasting time in front of a teevee or computer.

besides, psychedelic sex is one of the most glorious recreational activities ever.

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: KetaminePeen]
    #25318467 - 07/10/18 02:48 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KetaminePeen said:
Classical Defined Ego death is typical of a high dose of ketamine.

It involves the loss of all self; essentially being a newborn baby with no understanding of reality that thinks in grunts and screeches.

The reason ego death is so cool is because you completely have to put the pieces back together from scratch. Requires a lot of a particularly strong psych to do it. I've taken mushrooms and acid at the same time many and had a charactaristically different mental alteration than any other combo of psychedelic. So psychedelic it almost is disassociating even more than PCP.

At first it starts with empathy but then after I am frying for like 6 hours with an often retarded vengeance I start to come unwoven and disassociate in a psychosomatic response most likely..

I concur.
However, there is something different about an Ego Death from dissociatives vs. psychedelics.

Something about experiencing death and being a part of the singularity on dissociatives wasn't as damaging to my psyche as experiencing it from psychedelics IMO.

I'm terrified of Ego Death from Psychedelics, I seek Ego Death from dissociatives every time--to each his own however.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: BayerPhi]
    #25319137 - 07/10/18 08:18 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

The way you explain it is exactly how I felt....Was hard to put it into words. I guess I didn't really need to ask the question....I feel very privileged and hopefully in the future can get to that place again.

OfflineLife2short2follow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trip report P Subs....Was it ego death?? [Re: KetaminePeen]
    #25319146 - 07/10/18 08:22 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I don't judge at all, it's something I wish I'd done in my younger years instead of other stuff....I've pretty much done everything in life in my younger years....I have got into subs for different reasons though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience