Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinel3ounTy
Lets Burn oneDown

Loc: Chi-town
Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp.
    #2531110 - 04/06/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well my last trip on Friday was a little crazy. I ate about 4grms of some crazy mush. WEll we were sitting in my friends apartment, and everything was going fine. It was hot in her apartment, and everyone was feeling the heat. About 3 hrs. into my trip I felt nothing more than a good body buzz, so I was just chilling. After my buddy came out of the shower, I went in to take a piss. It was so hot in their, that after I was done taking a leak, I felt the heat all through my body, and the walls started to melt extremely hard, and then I blacked out and fell over. I was scared because i couldnt find my bearings, so I walked out of the bathroom, and blacked out again. When I finally sat down, I was DRENCHED in sweat, so I drank tons of water to cool me down. Has anyone had a similair experience, or can explain why this happened. I think it was the heat in the apartment, but didnt seem that bad enough to black out, or was it the heat from my buddy taking a shower, that sent me into shock?? Im confused on this bad experience, but I can tell you that I will never trip in her apartment again!  :whoa: :wtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: l3ounTy]
    #2531115 - 04/06/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've never experienced this, but this is maybe the 5th time I've read a report of blacking out. It's my opinion that it is most likely due to dehydration, or something along those lines.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2531161 - 04/06/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I had a friend black out and mess himself up pretty bad a few summers ago. I believe it was something to do with dehydration. Myself and two of my friends had each ate about 3grams or so and we decided to go for a walk down into the trails in the floodplains along the river tat runs by my house. We just walk around the whole time, enjoying the sites and having fun in the woods. we brought water with us since we had been planning on being gone the whole time of the trip. I WAS NOT REALLY PAYING TO MUCH Atention on who was drinking water and who wasnt since i was so destracted by all the things going on around me but after the trip was almost done we decided to go back to my house and when we got there i got on the sidewalk and lit up a smoke and started to think about the fun time i had earlier that day when all sudden one of my friends just passed out and fell face first into the curb. he caught the edge of the curb right on the chin and was cut open quiet badly. right when i saw the blood and my adrenaline(sp?) started pumping i felt really high again and it was freaky seeing all the blood running down the front of him. we asked him if he was alright and he just looked at us confused. he didnt even know that he had fallen so we took him home and had his mom take him to the hospital. we found out that he did not drink any water the whole time we were out there and that was like 5 hours of walking around. now evertime i go out into the woods with friends and plan on being under the influence i am like the water man, i always bring a backpack full of water bottles and constintly run around handing them out to my friends it is funny cause sometimes i will just start running around handing everyone water bottles untill everyone has like 3 or 4 of them.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: fliped]
    #2531255 - 04/06/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Good story man. I'm pretty sure that water is the cause of all shroom blackouts.....I don't have any evidence to prove it or anything though, just my opinion.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2531265 - 04/06/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i believe it has something to do with dehydration and over heating, that just makes sence to me

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: fliped]
    #2531275 - 04/06/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Glad you agree, it definatly seems to be the most logical explination.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2531509 - 04/06/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

low blood sugar might have something to do with it as well, i've never passed out on mush either but sometimes if i trip after fasting for a day or two i can tell i'm on the verge of passing out.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: John]
    #2531543 - 04/06/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah that makes sense, and sort of goes along with my theory in a way. It's not the mushrooms that make you black out, it's the fact that you neglect your body and push yourself until you blackout. Water + food =  :thumbup:

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
    #2532075 - 04/06/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have to disagree about the dehydration theory. My first mush trip ever me and 2 other freinds split an 8th three ways, so I figure i ate 1- 1.2 grams or so. We then proceeded to go to the local strip joint where we were chilling and enjoying looking at all the naked ladies among us. All of a suddden I started feeling very dizzy and told my friends I was going to the bathroom. I got up and started walking toward the bathroom and everything was getting really dizzy and as I walked past the bar I simply collapsed face first on the ground. I know I was only out for a second or two and as I lay paralyzed on the ground I heard people saying "is he OK?" and things like that. It only took me probably less than 10 seconds to get back on my feet but I was still feeling pretty dizzy and people were looking at me like I was fucking nuts. I seriously felt the way they look on Fear and Loathing after they huff the ether. As I headed to the bathroom the bouncer was like "hey are you alright man" and I go "yeah I just had too much to drink earlier"(although I had not drank any alcohol previously) and proceeded to the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet and had some intense sweating for at least a few minutes. Finally after this passed I met with my friends and we went outside for a little smokedown out of the steamroller. The moral of the story is that I was not hot or dehydrated prior to this happening. Last time I shroomed at a freinds house on about 3.5g (also not hot/dehydrated), I went to the bathroom and had some profuse sweating and had to strip off all my clothes. I was completely drenched in sweat like I just stepped out of the shower. I would really like to know the cause of this but I suppose it remains a mystery.

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: distortion]
    #2532141 - 04/06/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Had you eaten at all that day? And were you drinking water throughout the trip? I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything, like I said I've never blacked out myself so I'm no expert. Your story didn't really help prove to me that dehydration was not to blame though, I can't picture you guys sitting in a strip bar drinking down glasses of water. Also, are you sure you actually blacked out? It kinda sounds like you just got dizzy and fell down, which I definatly have experienced (I guess you prolly could tell the difference though, so you very well might have).

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2532400 - 04/06/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

just gonna add my two cents without much speculation:

I've tripped 10-15 times, on doses between 1 and 4 grams. On the come-up of two of those trips, I've passed out. One was my first 8th, my most intense trip. I was well hydrated and had plenty of blood sugar. The other was on 2.5 grams of powder which hit me hard and fast. It felt just like the last time. This time, however, I hadn't eaten in a long time. We got me a sugary drink and it made me feel much better.

So one of my passing out experiences could be possibly attributed to lack of blood sugar, but not both.

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out while on shroomies, and my question and exp. [Re: Noviseer]
    #2532427 - 04/06/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting....any ideas as to what could be the cause?

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
    #2532594 - 04/06/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have speculated that it is a pineal DMT release. I myself undergo these symptoms, but have noticed more to it. It has happened to me approximately 6 times. It goes like this, I'll be chillin out trippin, usually towards the end of the trip, I just pass out, but the thing is, I dont realize it until I wake up. But im still conscious during the faint, just not of my surroundings. The time that sticks out the most was once when I went to the bathroom, and the hallway was real dark. On my way back to my room, I guess the darkness just engulfed me. Next thing I knew, I was passing through a tunnel composed of 2-d diamonds like this <> but going up and down not side to side. The tunnel would twist and turn as I was flying through it, or it was flying through me. Then all of a sudden there was a pop, like one of those toy paper poppers, and there was no longer a sense of motion. I then became aware of an oscilloscope, which would bounce and vibrate in correlation with a sound I was hearing. The sound I was hearing was quite interesting. It was as if a child took helium, and was talking to me as I was on nitrous. There seemed to be 2 voices that I interupted in conversation. They said things like "You dont usually come around anymore? What are you doing here? Oh well, follow us...". Pretty freaky. Then everything just kind of disintegrated and I noticed I was laying on the floor. My friend was walking over to me to ask me what happened. I really dont know. But after that, the typical sweaty, weak feeling ensued, along with being extremely pale. And I might add that I have experienced dehydration before i ever began experimenting with drugs, and it was similar, but this was much more than just dehydration. I think dehyrdration is a possible trigger, but there is more going on than that. It has only happened when i have been tripping frequently.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
    #2532942 - 04/06/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Had you eaten at all that day? And were you drinking water throughout the trip? Also, are you sure you actually blacked out? 

yes, I eat constantly
no I was not drinking water throughout the trip, but my thought was that if I hadn't been doing any physical work and if I hadn't been perspiring, that I wouldnt have been dehydrated. Of course I may be wrong on this who knows. I do remember that we all had glasses of Coke but I didnt drink mine because I wasn't thirsty. Yes I know soda dehydrates you but it seems to me if I was dehydrated I would have at least been thirsty enough to drink my Coke, since they were free. Also I am sure I blacked out, it has happened to me a couple times in the past, usually when I stand up too fast. In retrospect, it may have been a combination of standing up and shrooming at the same time that made me black out. But I did feel it coming on when I was sitting down, thats why I knew I had to get up and leave. I told my friends I was going to the bathroom cause I didnt want to freak them out and say "I think I'm gonna pass out I gotta get outta here".  :tongue2:

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

Edited by distortion (04/06/04 08:06 PM)

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2532984 - 04/06/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No I really don't know why this happens.

both times were similar. I was sitting there, coming up hard and fast. I'm feeling anxious, but excited that the trip is happening. I get lightheaded, and things get blurry. Gray appears at the edges of my vision, and moves inward, until my eyes are open but all I can see is a gray backdrop with red CEV's dancing all over the place. At this point I'm unconscious, don't know what happened, etc. I'm still experiencing something, something dream-like, in red and gray. Then a break from reality, and I'm awake, sweating and feeling much better.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2533618 - 04/07/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think it's probabaly psychosomatic, you get excited and light-headed on shrooms and if you arn't in any kind of shape a lot of excitement can often cause you to faint for a minute or two. Like the kid at school who used to faint when he got too excited.

Offlinel3ounTy
Lets Burn oneDown

Loc: Chi-town
    #2535068 - 04/07/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I also saw a lot of grey when I finally got up and got on the couch. I could see some color, but when I looked at the t.v. I saw all grey, but I was drinking water through the night, but maybe not enough!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract