Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: boom boom]
    #25308498 - 07/04/18 03:32 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:
Quote:

Psicomvb said:

So I've been stepping away from the grocery bag lid approach after ending up with a tub that unexpectedly contammed during the fruiting process and I didn't see it until harvest when I took the bag off. Now I use large stretchable food covers (14-18" sizes work well for shoeboxes). You can order 30 large covers for $8 off Amazon or you can buy a variety pack at WallyWorld for $2...issue is it only comes with 3 large covers.

Really recommend getting these. Poke some holes in it and you got yourself a snug-fitting lid that doesn't get knocked off like a dubbed shoebox.

Grocery bags are free (or $0.05 if you live somewhere like I do), though, so that is an advantage.....

The only 30 pack I see has half medium and half large. Some have a blue ring instead of that red one.

Ah fuck me, I have only used a few red ones out of that pack and didn't even fuckin realize there were mediums in there.. I don't know how I missed that...  I've been mainly using the ones (also with red strings) that are in the CoverMate packs (they say 14" but they fit well) that you can get for cheap at Walmart and have only used a few out of the Amazon pack.  Well....grocery bags are starting to sound decent again :undecided: I'm on a mission for larger plastic stretch covers for cheap..  They've gotta be out there.  Also, they sell them at dollar tree but the Surefresh brand doesn't fit.  I haven't tried the other brand they sell there yet, but I'm assuming it doesn't fit either.  I'll pick it up soon and see.  Thanks for pointin this out :frown:

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleboom boom

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Psicomb]
    #25308508 - 07/04/18 03:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Quote:

boom boom said:
Quote:

Psicomvb said:

So I've been stepping away from the grocery bag lid approach after ending up with a tub that unexpectedly contammed during the fruiting process and I didn't see it until harvest when I took the bag off. Now I use large stretchable food covers (14-18" sizes work well for shoeboxes). You can order 30 large covers for $8 off Amazon or you can buy a variety pack at WallyWorld for $2...issue is it only comes with 3 large covers.

Really recommend getting these. Poke some holes in it and you got yourself a snug-fitting lid that doesn't get knocked off like a dubbed shoebox.

Grocery bags are free (or $0.05 if you live somewhere like I do), though, so that is an advantage.....

The only 30 pack I see has half medium and half large. Some have a blue ring instead of that red one.

Ah fuck me, I have only used a few red ones out of that pack and didn't even fuckin realize there were mediums in there.. I don't know how I missed that...  I've been mainly using the ones (also with red strings) that are in the CoverMate packs (they say 14" but they fit well) that you can get for cheap at Walmart and have only used a few out of the Amazon pack.  Well....grocery bags are starting to sound decent again :undecided: I'm on a mission for larger plastic stretch covers for cheap..  They've gotta be out there.  Also, they sell them at dollar tree but the Surefresh brand doesn't fit.  I haven't tried the other brand they sell there yet, but I'm assuming it doesn't fit either.  I'll pick it up soon and see.  Thanks for pointin this out :frown:

Damn, I was hoping I was just missing it lol. Oh well, you could just toss out the mediums. $16 for 30 large ones isn't too bad if they last a while. They seem to fit well enough to allow a canopy. It's cheaper than buying shoeboxes to dubtub, and they seem like they would be easier to work with than grocery bags since they're elastic and transparent.

Edited by boom boom (07/04/18 03:45 PM)

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25308517 - 07/04/18 03:52 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I mean I really love them man.  At that point I would just pick up a bunch of variety packs from Walmart.  It breaks down to 50 cents a large cover if you throw all the others away, but you can use the others for food and stuff!  They work super fucking well man. 

I use a knife and stab the plastic 6-10 times and it gets great FAE that way.  That's the same tub from my pic earlier.

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

OfflineSivarted
Stranger
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Psicomb] * 1
    #25308670 - 07/04/18 05:56 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I dont understand why you're not just using the lid.  It doesnt look like that gives any extra growing space?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Sivarted]
    #25308676 - 07/04/18 05:58 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

mine grow past where the lid would be :shrug:

OfflineSivarted
Stranger
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25308678 - 07/04/18 05:59 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

That's what I'm not understanding.  It doesnt look like that plastic gives any more space than the lid would.  Obviously I'm missing something.  :smile:

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#25308683 - 07/04/18 06:02 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sivarted said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

That's what I'm not understanding.  It doesnt look like that plastic gives any more space than the lid would.  Obviously I'm missing something.  :smile:

The mushrooms will push that cover or bag up as they grow.With the lid on,they have a tougher time pushing it up and like to curl back down and around.

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25308688 - 07/04/18 06:06 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sivarted said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

They give a lot more space than the lid would. Same idea as a grocery bag; it might not stand straight up in the air but it is thin plastic loosely on top, you can adjust it. The mushrooms push the plastic up even if you don't adjust. Lids are much heavier.

--------------------

- nick sand

OfflineSivarted
Stranger
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25308690 - 07/04/18 06:07 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Quote:

Sivarted said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

The mushrooms will push that cover or bag up as they grow.With the lid on,they have a tougher time pushing it up and like to curl back down and around.

Got it.  In the pics it doesnt look like it would actually give any headroom beyond what the lid would have anyway, especially around the sides.

I'm still gonna dub, cause I have spares (and because if you binder clip them they can still stack), but that makes a lot more sense now.  :smile:

Edited by Sivarted (07/04/18 06:08 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25309151 - 07/05/18 01:58 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This is part of the reason i like using wrap as a lid. It stretches with the fruit, if its on right.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleboom boom

#25309160 - 07/05/18 02:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sivarted said:
Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Quote:

Sivarted said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Got it.  In the pics it doesnt look like it would actually give any headroom beyond what the lid would have anyway, especially around the sides.

I'm still gonna dub, cause I have spares (and because if you binder clip them they can still stack), but that makes a lot more sense now.  :smile:

I would think clipping the lids together would close the gaps and really limit your FAE.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #25309306 - 07/05/18 06:07 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Dubtubs is the original shoebox tek. It works.

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

Invisibleboom boom

Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: JHOVA]
    #25309320 - 07/05/18 06:20 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah but the tek on that just has the second tub resting on top of the first one, and they don't fit perfectly, so there's all sorts of natural gaps there for FAE. Clipping them together might seal then more.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25309450 - 07/05/18 08:35 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:

It is. And i like dubtubs but when youre taping them back together each flush like me and trying to even them out, yech. Lol. But yes perfectly good terrariums

Maybe they even look better depending on the tub. Most shoeboxes arent very high. I only use a true "mono" for big ass tubs, like 33-66qt. The one time i did a regular shoebox with 2qt, when i finally started getting monsters there was nowhere for them to go. They were breaking at the ceiling.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinewatermelonman
Stranger
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: Fractal420]
    #25309472 - 07/05/18 08:57 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Gonna give this a try. Been browsing here for years but this is my first post. Bods TEKs have been invaluable to me for their simplicity. Thanks brother!

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: JHOVA] * 2
    #25309515 - 07/05/18 09:26 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:

Not me:smirk:

I just flipped the lid, put in a mono or open aired them.

Didn't do a dubtub until someone posted a pic in the first few pages of making shoeboxes.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Bod's Easy AF SHOEBOXES STUPID SIMPLE [Re: mushboy]
    #25309526 - 07/05/18 09:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

You are correct. I misremembered what was yours and munch’s contributions to the first page of the tek.

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25309542 - 07/05/18 09:49 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Although i dubtubed an entire mono around 2006:lol:

OfflineSivarted
Stranger
    #25309545 - 07/05/18 09:51 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:
Quote:

Sivarted said:

I would think clipping the lids together would close the gaps and really limit your FAE.

Nope.  Still gaps, still works.

It's only on a few days anyway.  I dont dub them until they need to be, because again, stacking.

OfflineMush Hunter
Imaginary friend
 User Gallery

Loc: The depths of your imagin...
    #25309575 - 07/05/18 10:04 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:
Yeah but the tek on that just has the second tub resting on top of the first one, and they don't fit perfectly, so there's all sorts of natural gaps there for FAE. Clipping them together might seal then more.

Unless your tubs have that silicone seal and are air tight when sealed there is always enough of a gap for FAE. Prime example would be how small the GE holes are on jars! If the mycelium thrives with such a small GE it is only plausible that the same would go for slight gaps when lids are clipped during colonization. If you feel that the seal is to tight, you can always leave the lid rested on top without clipping it. Then just flip it when ready to introduce increase FAE for fruiting, or dub it! :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract