Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrandios
Stranger
 User Gallery

Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News * 1
    #25307782 - 07/04/18 10:01 AM (19 days, 3 hours ago)

The times, they are a changin!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonyap
lurker
I'm a teapot
Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: Grandios]
    #25307929 - 07/04/18 11:47 AM (19 days, 1 hour ago)

People are getting fired, robots are distributing LSD next.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: Konyap]
    #25308479 - 07/04/18 05:11 PM (18 days, 20 hours ago)

I'm not watching the entire video.  But I can say, that I doubt our local mental health agency is going to be giving those drugs anytime soon.  Decades away at the closest.  100 years more likely.

They don't even understand SSRI's so they aren't going to understand much very soon.

--------------------
All comments by Morel Guy are fictional opinions and nothing legally binding therein.

OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25308796 - 07/04/18 09:52 PM (18 days, 15 hours ago)

I agree that its probably at least decades away, but I would bet at closer to two decades than ten. Psychiatry can be pretty good about using what works in order to get the results they are looking for(sound health). Even if they don't entirely understand the mechanisms of how psychedelics work, they will likely push ahead anyway. Once MDMA is legal for therapeutic use I think the ball will roll faster on this other stuff. Maybe mescaline or ayahuasca is a good next bet. There's less stigma surrounding them than LSD or mushrooms.

--------------------
"Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If I am the devil's child, I will live then, by the devil" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #25309348 - 07/05/18 08:44 AM (18 days, 4 hours ago)

I dunno.  Brought to you by the same folks that did lobotomy and shock therapy.

--------------------
All comments by Morel Guy are fictional opinions and nothing legally binding therein.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #25309531 - 07/05/18 11:41 AM (18 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
I dunno.  Brought to you by the same folks that did lobotomy and shock therapy.

To be fair, both of those things were effective in treating the symptoms of the disease being treated. Lobotomies only fell out of favor because they have even worse side effects. Electroshock therapy is still used today, and it has been shown to be one of the most effective strategies for treating severe, drug resistant, depression.

Note that reality and Hollywood have very different ideas about what electroshock therapy looks like. For one thing, there is a lot of informed consent involved. Also, anesthesia.

Quote:

ReynardTheFox said:
I agree that its probably at least decades away, but I would bet at closer to two decades than ten. Psychiatry can be pretty good about using what works in order to get the results they are looking for(sound health). Even if they don't entirely understand the mechanisms of how psychedelics work, they will likely push ahead anyway. Once MDMA is legal for therapeutic use I think the ball will roll faster on this other stuff. Maybe mescaline or ayahuasca is a good next bet. There's less stigma surrounding them than LSD or mushrooms.

MDMA also provides a route of collecting income, as somebody needs to make the MDMA first. I think LSD might have a future in treatment as well. I do not believe that mushrooms have any future in medical treatment, because anybody could grow them. They aren't profitable. Therefore, mushrooms will remain in the realms of old folk remedies and homeopathy.

Invisibleboom boom

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: Kryptos]
    #25310188 - 07/05/18 05:40 PM (17 days, 19 hours ago)

Chemically synthesized psilocybin is being used in most of the trials. That's likely how it would be administered in the future if it was legalized for prescription use.

Invisibleamylase
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: boom boom]
    #25312176 - 07/06/18 08:18 PM (16 days, 17 hours ago)

:mindblown: such an amazing interview! Now to read the book :thumbup:

Thanks for posting!

OfflineBarnaby
Life at a Glance

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25312453 - 07/06/18 11:27 PM (16 days, 14 hours ago)

The pharm lobby isn't stupid they do.  It's just a legalized drug cartel and they will not give that up and that amazing amount of money generated from it.

--------------------
:chesire:

OfflineGrandios
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Michael Pollan: Magic mushrooms and LSD could help solve mental health crisis | ITV News [Re: amylase]
    #25314754 - 07/08/18 12:46 PM (15 days, 44 minutes ago)

Quote:

amylase said:
Thanks for posting!

:smile::thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service