Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
The Daily Question Supplement
    #2529320 - 04/05/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Are you content with how you feel?
If so or if not, is there anything that needs changing?
Are you willing to help facilitate this change? or If nothing needs changing, is it okay to idly sit by and enjoy your life even if others aren't sharing your ecstasy?
How are you going to help? or Why won't you help?

These questions don't plague me... I plague them.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: The Daily Question Supplement [Re: Sclorch]
    #2529403 - 04/05/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i think most people want to genuinely improve themselves somehow. exercising, and reading and helping others are the three resolutions most desired. but thats still pretty vague, isnt it?

things are dynamic, living...contentment can only last so long before it becomes static, dead.

what needs changing when i feel unsatisfied? my routine. if i dont feel satisfaction to a certain degree, then i become unpleasent to be around...even when im alone.

studies show happy people are usually more altruistic, those who are grouchy are more selfish...like when you let that car in traffic in ahead of you, or when you curse that car for cutting you off.

but studies dont mean shit to me. many people may deny their egos, but i embrace mine, to a point thats healthy to me. you have to be satisfied with yourself before you can really satisfy. that doesnt mean you become full of pride or totally self-centered. balance.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Daily Question Supplement [Re: CleverName]
    #2529737 - 04/05/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think... no... I know for sure I'm not talking about mere self-improvement.
I'm talking about getting the word out. I'm talking about challenging people to think.

Here's another question...
Is a challenge, alone, enough to get people to think a different way?
Or should the challenge be more like a kick to the balls - a shock that makes it uncomfortable for people to think any way else?

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2529777 - 04/05/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Are you willing to help facilitate this change? or If nothing needs changing, is it okay to idly sit by and enjoy your life even if others aren't sharing your ecstasy?
How are you going to help? or Why won't you help

How did enjoying your life become ecstasy? If there is an answer that is your answer.

And quit making me think it makes my head hurt.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Daily Question Supplement [Re: falcon]
    #2529816 - 04/05/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The  wording (ecstasy) was a bit of a sarcastic hyperbole.
Sorry if it threw you off. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2529818 - 04/05/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

How are you going to help? or Why won't you help?

No, I am not content with the way I feel about a lot of things. For most of my life, I have been pretty passive, but I have been actively involved in an organization this last month that I feel will change the world if successful. I have even donated money (which I have very little of) to this cause to help it get off of the ground.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2530388 - 04/06/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thats a very interesting question, which i "do not control" or am on top of. I am split in my idea of changing myself v. others. Can you not have one without the other?

If you didnt know who you were, and you tried to change people on what you thought, might you do harm?

--------------------
What?

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2530575 - 04/06/04 04:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"We are what we think. All we are rises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we create the world. Speak and act with a pure mind and happiness will follow."

Think about it, our positive and negative emotions are all preceded by our thoughts. Our minds are wild and out of control, they are distracting us every second of our lives. Think about it. There you go. Just now, you werent right here, were you? Just try it. For example, focus simply on your breath. After half a minute you will be completely somewhere else with your thoughts, wandering of in distraction.
So if you want to be free from always wanting, if you want to have any lasting happiness free from the rollercoaster of an untamed mind, start with yourself. Tame your mind and stop being obscured by your thoughts.
If you want muddy water to become clear, stop stirring it!
When the clouds obscure the sky, all you have to do is go beyond them, to see an infinite space and the sun shining!
The world 'out there' is a direct extension of ourselves. Our relations, society, politics, economy, 'the system' are all born from our minds, so if you wish to change anything out there, you have to go to the root cause of it, which is our mind. Any changes within, will ripple outwards into all that we are and create.
And not metaforically speaking, but in a very practical and direct way.

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: The Daily Question Supplement [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2530578 - 04/06/04 04:07 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Whats the organisation? If you dont mind me asking.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2530605 - 04/06/04 04:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Is a challenge, alone, enough to get people to think a different way?
Or should the challenge be more like a kick to the balls - a shock that makes it uncomfortable for people to think any way else?

From my years of experience in mental warfare, I'd have to say that a kind, thoughtful challenge works far more often than the boot to the groin; Although it is far less satisfying for the ego! Be honest and ask yourself, "hey..am I getting off on this?" "Is this person budging one iota from his original position or is he just digging in?"

The average person closely identifies with his thoughts and feelings. He mistakenly tends to view an attack on that as an attack upon his very self. So your challenge to reason leaves you, more often than not, with a wild animal on your hands. And an animal responds to pain by reflexively attacking that which gives it pain.

I remember sending my own challenge to a rigid, dogmatic friend once..

It was a spontaneous verbal response to a long defense of his. It turned out to be *perfect*. Maybe TOO perfect. Let me tell you, he must have jumped two feet in the air away from me!! He crouched in the corner of the room like an animal! It was an incredible reminder to me that "mere words" have that kind of power! He was not worth a damn the rest of the night and I felt badly that I had done that to my friend. Weeks later, he exhibited all sorts of odd behavior, including kicking in my door in at 2am while I was away with friends. I don't think my comment was the direct cause of that, but it didnt' help any.

So no. I don't recommend this tactic. You will generally knock the person down further into animal mode and he won't be capable of reason at that point. Just stick to improving yourself and your example will be a light to others.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Daily Question Supplement [Re: Jellric]
    #2531325 - 04/06/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah... that's the typical response I get with the foot-to-groin technique, too. hehe

You see, this is why I like public art. It's something to look at... and if one feels like looking deeper, there is often a message.
There is another approach that I've not yet distributed yet... a shocking image with a benign message. It's harder to come up with these, but I'm very curious as to the response they'll get. I'll keep you people updated.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2531656 - 04/06/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"okay to idly sit by and enjoy your life even if others aren't sharing your ecstasy?"

jsut speaking from my experience:

i think it is ok to let others play out their drama. People are going to do what they do regardless of what you say or try to make them think. I can talk to another, but if they themselves aren't willing to listen then nothing will sink in. 

From what I've seen, when you in that place where you are enjoying life and not letting negative emotions get to you, people will notice. A lot of times hectic situations will happen when you are with people and even on the unconcscious level they will see what you are doing and how you react.  when your reactions are characterized by love and other postivie emotions, your mind will be better off to judge, you will0 elevate your thinking as well as their thought process to that level. 

think about it, when you get mad, espcially when something "bad" happens, and your friends are around, they are more than likely gonna get upset with you.  you know "the vibe..."  you can feel it and your give it off. if you are calm, others will be that way.  I had a buddy see someone talk shit to me and I smiled and told him that I wish he could be more happier with himself.  I didn't let it bother me, he noticed and he asked me.  when people are ready to comminicate with you, they will.  when people are see something that might help their happiness, they will see it. jsut makes sure you're centered a lot so you can give off that "good vibe" a lot longer. this way they may see the benefits (if there is any at all). 

I don't htink we are ever really sitting in idle.  what we do is affecting someone else at this very moment.  in fact, I think doing nothing in turn actually does something.

Action alone to me carries a lot more weight than words alone; use both and we got something here :wink:

your intent behind your actions to me will really determines how well you facilitate the changed that is desired.   

:grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom