Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect
    #25303656 - 07/02/18 03:01 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

http://fortune.com/2018/06/27/california-marijuana-dispensary-sale-compliance-july-laws/

I thought this was interesting, yet I am conflicted.  Do you think it is good they are testing for pesticides?  Or is this just a government ploy to "legally" deprive pot sellers of more money?

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Asclepius]
    #25303661 - 07/02/18 03:10 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I'm split on it. It's ensuring that the bud clinics are selling have been tested for pesticides, potency, mold and other contaminants. Which is a good thing, because there's hardly any regulation at all now and a LOT of bud people have independently tested have contamination. But it also specifies labeling and more license fees among other things. However, from what I've seen there's not really enough labs to do all the testing and the increased regulations probably means a lot of small time growers and dispensaries who currently sell legally may be forced underground or go under as they wont be able to meet the demands. Prices may/will probably go up. It's going to disrupt the industry either way.. but the black market is still alive and well though.

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Shroomism]
    #25303670 - 07/02/18 03:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I'm of the same school of thought as you are.  Ironically, this may wind up costing the State of California revenue.  I don't know if there are currently similar regulations in other states but, if there are not, this could set a precedent for other states where recreational use is legal.  Whenever California makes laws, other states soon follow suit.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Asclepius]
    #25303676 - 07/02/18 03:27 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Almost definitely will cost revenue... at least at first. Allegedly tens of millions of dollars worth of untested herb was supposed to be 'destroyed' today. Although I suspect it will pop up somewhere...
This will probably make the black market thrive until/if they come up with some less restrictive regulations. They may be hurting the state with these regulations.
I haven't really looked super closely at the regulations in WA or CO to know the differences, I heard WAs sucks though.
It was a noble goal, but as per usual in our nanny state they went overboard with the regulations and it's going to hurt the little guys the most. Hopefully they see that quickly and make some adjustments.

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Shroomism]
    #25303696 - 07/02/18 03:50 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

The title is misleading ... They basically were forced to sell out the last of the stock dirt cheap or get rid of it by the date if it basically was too strong an edible or something not sealed in a child proof container from the farm. Upside is you get fresh untouched bud in air tight jars that block the light so you get that beautiful manicured bud with all the tricombs attached.... Downside is no more grams although the average street hustler still got you for that so they don't have to lose their income or upgrade to something like crystal.

As far as pesticide and nutrient residue testing of course that's important. I've seen bud from clubs that ain't even brown enough to be Bobby brown, but it sure ain't that good purple or green... Maybe yellow with a little red that anyone who knows that's bad. It's not something to cost more money and the testing facilities get so much business they really don't need to charge much especially with the growers/vendors who need multiple products tested regularly.

Anyone who thinks what Cali is doing is a bad thing don't realize it's Cali that came up with cherry pie, cookies, sherbert, gelato, and that family of strains. I'm sure without the ability to really work on production there wouldn't be as much innovation in the production of hash such as live reason and distilled separation and purification. Supposedly steam distillation of cannabis give you an active oil, but I need to see it to believe it

Edit: Yes I was right not the active, but the idea is to extract the terpenes via steam distillation then extract the active that recombine after distilling the active oil out of the garage..... One could skip the stem distillation, but risks destroying the flavor and smell during the distillation of the oil to purify it.

Edited by tacodude (07/02/18 03:58 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: tacodude]
    #25303717 - 07/02/18 04:16 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hope you are right. I know a couple growers who were very concerned about the new regulations.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Admin
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #25304084 - 07/02/18 10:50 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I’d be interested in knowing their strategy for testing all that bud.  From what I hear a lot gets sold, so to have it harvested/cured to the consumer in a reasonable amount of time while lining it all up to be tested seems like one hell of a traffic jam at those testing facilities.  Of course I have no idea how they plan on doing it so that could all be some scary make believe monster I’m making up in my head.

All I know is I won’t get to smoke none..:sad:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #25304278 - 07/02/18 12:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Almost definitely will cost revenue... at least at first. Allegedly tens of millions of dollars worth of untested herb was supposed to be 'destroyed' today. Although I suspect it will pop up somewhere...
This will probably make the black market thrive until/if they come up with some less restrictive regulations. They may be hurting the state with these regulations.
I haven't really looked super closely at the regulations in WA or CO to know the differences, I heard WAs sucks though.
It was a noble goal, but as per usual in our nanny state they went overboard with the regulations and it's going to hurt the little guys the most. Hopefully they see that quickly and make some adjustments.

coupled with some local markets extreme tax like PALM SPRINGS SALES TAX RATE UPDATE (EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2018)

The NEW City of Palm Springs sales tax rate is now 9.25%.

The City of Palm Springs .50% local tax Measure D approved by voters in November 2017 went into effect on April 1, 2018.

there has already been a big drive towards the black market and a crackdown on illegal deliveries. they are contemplating reducing the tax here.

these are growing pains and the system is designed to squeeze out the small people and consolidate the money to the top, business as usual.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25304296 - 07/02/18 12:46 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I went to the weed store the other day and they only had 3 strains available when they usually have about 20. Weed was already expensive before the legalization. After that it went up another $10 per 1/8th at my spots.

Now they also charge you $1 for a bag which is kind of funny because california outlawed bags at grocery stores then mandated them at weed stores.

I'm growing my own now. Soon I won't need them except for maybe some clones.

--------------------
My Pronouns: What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?        Teapot

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25304316 - 07/02/18 01:03 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

i prefer the glass jars to the bags myself. they do a midweek buy one get one 1/2 off. usually get a 1/4 of primo for just shy of 100$. in between jobs currently so might be hitting friends up for cheaper product again soon.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #25304376 - 07/02/18 01:47 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's fucked I've been smoking for 12 years and I'd they are able to sell weed cheaper because it's untested i would be so happy

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I'm Rick James, Bitch!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25304381 - 07/02/18 01:51 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

If it's medicinal it probably shouldn't have mold and pesticides in it.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25304398 - 07/02/18 02:07 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I bet even more people will start growng their own. In turn it will raise supply and lower demand and people will start selling at reasonable prices.

I got all my organic soil and ingredients for about $50 and it's enough for 36 plants until I have to exchange it with soil from my compost pile. Sunlight is free and water is cheap. For the cost of a quarter I can grow pounds of weed, I'm going to grow that much, but if other people do then prices should drop

--------------------
My Pronouns: What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?        Teapot

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25305348 - 07/02/18 10:46 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

The stock being short will only be a short term problem as these changes have been made long after harvest so a lot of stock farms and labs didn't pack in a child proof sealed container is going to go to waste as the packing in a sealed childproof container direct at the source is one of the most difficult parts as they will likely only pack 1/8 & oz as well as half grams of concentrate, grams of hash, why the edibles of course 100 mg maximum per single sale container while 10x100 mg packed individually sold as a gram won't fly supposedly... It's really complicated now, but I'm sure after the next outdoor harvest it will smooth out.

I'm sure the growing regulations make it get hard as I wouldn't be surprised if it requires heavy security although I don't know. I honestly think most complaining just are afraid they won't make bank even if they year a living and savings, which a living is hard enough. I'm not saying all as there are legitimate issues to complain about I'm sure, but still at least some.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: tacodude]
    #25305411 - 07/02/18 11:22 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Massachusetts was supposed to be open for retail rec July 1st (yesterday), but as of now still no permits given for selling recreational weed.

Also, all growers for recreational and medical have to have a state permit. As of now, they're still not handing out the growing permits for rec weed.

Only the large corporate growers will be given the permits, it's always about the money. Hell, even small scale craft brewers can make legal beer and sell it, that's not going to happen for legal marijuana in Massachusetts.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California Pot Shops Forced to Sell Product Before New Laws Take Effect [Re: qman]
    #25305599 - 07/03/18 02:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Growing pains.. that's all this is.
~10 years ago weed wasn't legal anywhere (well it's 'basically' been legal in CA since like 1996..)..
But now we are looking at 9 states with it legalized for recreation and another 22 with medicinal laws now and more coming.
As well as pushes to legalize it federally
Pretty crazy overall. It's not going to stop.. we are still in the early stages. Give it some time

--------------------

OfflineStingingRoger
Stranger
    #25306148 - 07/03/18 11:34 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

sell it fast boi, get it up

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Community >> The Pub