Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Truth, War, And Consequences
    #2530309 - 04/06/04 03:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering if any of you have seen this Frontline episode. If so, what did you think?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/truth/view/

You can watch it online there, if you haven't seen it.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Truth, War, And Consequences [Re: trendal]
    #2530695 - 04/06/04 08:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Some interesting stuff in there. I found this quote from part 3, I think, quite interesting: "The defense intelligence agency stated that there was no reliable information on whether iraq was producing or stockpiling chemical
weapons."

This was apparently their position in the run up to war. Also Greg Theilman stated that the government had acted on faith based intelligence and furthermore that they had cherry picked the pieces of information that fitted their plans whilst at the same time dropping qualifiers and even distorting information to make it sound more alarming.

It seems fairly clear the US government knowingly lied about the threat posed by Iraq and that this claim was not based on intelligence, rather it was a misrepresentation of the evidence the intelligence community had provided them with.

It mentions the fact that Cheney was referring to a supposed meeting in Prague between Al-qaida and and Iraqi official 12 months after this claim had been disproven by the FBI.
It questions why Bush claimed that Iraq were attempting to procure uranium from Africa in his State of the union address when this had also been proven to be false prior to the address and it asks why Powell was mentioning links between Iraq and Al-qaida in his presentation to the UN when the US intelligence community had been unable to provide any evidence of this.
It seems to me that the US government were willing to believe anything Chalabi said without any verification, as what he said perfectly suited their cause. They were willing to take the word of this man over that of their own intelligence community and I think the reason for that was they wanted to go to war with Iraq for economical and colonial reasons which could not be stated publically so they were none to fussy about the fake reasons they used to justify the unlawful attack of Iraq.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Truth, War, And Consequences [Re: GazzBut]
    #2531927 - 04/06/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

how do u tell a polititian is lying? his lips are moving.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion