Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere...
    #25300830 - 06/30/18 02:40 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Most people assume you're mentally ill or on drugs. Unless you're walking around a quaint little village. But here in PA, nah, half of the people walking or biking are on hard drugs so the rest of us get a bad wrap.

We need to change this stigma. Everyone who reads this needs to go for a walk in public today.

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: ModestMouse]
    #25300840 - 06/30/18 02:50 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Your post is a crack whore

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: ModestMouse]
    #25300845 - 06/30/18 02:52 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

People kinda assume the same thing here only its normally not the case. Just that no one gets exercise or visits the parks unless they're a fit junkie/trying to lose weight.

Or have a doggo and are doing it for the dog's sake.

The few people who do go to the parks and not for those reasons are instead glued to their phone and obviously just wanted to go somewhere to walk out their stress the conversation is giving them.

And if you leave the trail/sidewalk/pavement you're obviously either crazy or going to go do drugs.

It's really fucking sad honestly. "Walking is scary. Woods are scary and dirty eee"

Fucking city people.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25300848 - 06/30/18 02:54 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

What are you talking about. City people walk everywhere.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: koods] * 3
    #25300857 - 06/30/18 02:57 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, city people tend to walk more often, mostly because they have sidewalks.

My entire neighborhood has 0 sidewalks. You don't even think about how much that kills community in general until you live somewhere without any. People tend to run and exercise a lot more where there are sidewalks as well. It's the small things.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: koods]
    #25300860 - 06/30/18 02:58 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

No here they don't. Not unless they have to. Kinda a mid-sized city where most of the population lives in burbs. Everyone drives everywhere.

The people who are walking are either unable to drive or are one of those fitness freaks.

Although to be fair part of the problem is much of the city wasn't designed for both vehicles and foot traffic. It's really unsafe to walk/bike on along alot of the roads.

They probably could work around that if they were willing to go through patches of woods though.

Only place where most people walk/bike is around the colleges. And much of those streets don't safely accommodate foot traffic either but college kids don't give a flying fuck.
Probably because they can't afford a car AND the outrageous parking fees.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #25300869 - 06/30/18 03:06 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Although alot of people don't give a fuck about that either.

Have seen a boot and a wheel more than a few times where someone refuses to pay parking fines and instead of paying the fine they just pull the wheel off and abandon it and drive off.

We did recently redesign our bus system but it's almost exclusively those in poverty using it. Everyone else has a car and can afford to pay parking or can afford to abandon their tire when they don't.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25300873 - 06/30/18 03:07 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I live in an orthodox Jewish neighborhood so literally everyone walks on Saturday.

--------------------

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25300874 - 06/30/18 03:08 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Fuckin eh man
Same here. No sidewalks whatsoevee, really ruins the place

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: koods]
    #25300880 - 06/30/18 03:10 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I think local culture very heavily influences this stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #25300881 - 06/30/18 03:10 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
What are you talking about. City people walk everywhere.

Living in Montréal, used to spend 3-5 hours each day walking just in commute
skip the metro, walk home from campus smoking a couple joints
it was nice

Not all cities are so pedestrian friendly tho
Winnipeg is a shit show to try and get around; never end up walking or relying on public transport to get anywhere

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #25300888 - 06/30/18 03:16 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I used to walk up mont royal every weeekend when the weather was nice

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25300909 - 06/30/18 03:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

You were up there more than me then :lol:

went up for the tams a couple times; then went climbing through the bush and rocks tripping on LSD once and Mescaline a few times
my manager at home depot had an apartment up on the Plateau -- walked home from there on one occasion after a mushroom trip at his place :rofl:

but had class at McGill 5 days a week; work overnight 4 nights per week, and evening courses at Dawson
lived down in Verdun and Cote-St-Paul sort of areas tho

For reference for people unfamiliar with Montréal

Green stars were roughly my rental locations; Red star was campus and Blue star was work
would take the subway up to campus in the morning then walk home after classes, nap, walk or longboard to work, then back home again around 5 am after shift
'twas good times

the city of Montréal is on an island in the middle of a river, so it is relatively condensed and builds upwards downtown; lots of 3-story apartment complexes in residential areas
Winnipeg, in contrast, is set up at a river crossing in the praries and sprawls outwards with suburbs of single-family houses in every direction

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #25300910 - 06/30/18 03:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

In Florida I thought bikers just had DUI's because it is way too hot to bike there unless its your last resort. Where I live now it is common to walk and bike places because the weather is nice enough.

Biking is fun. There is a bike party next week near me and I hear they have like 400 people show up. Seems like a lot, but could be true.

OP start a fun bike party to change their views

--------------------
My Pronouns: What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?        Teapot

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #25300923 - 06/30/18 03:43 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tantrika said:
Quote:

koods said:

You were up there more than me then :lol:

went up for the tams a couple times; then went climbing through the bush and rocks tripping on LSD once and Mescaline a few times
my manager at home depot had an apartment up on the Plateau -- walked home from there on one occasion after a mushroom trip at his place :rofl:

but had class at McGill 5 days a week; work overnight 4 nights per week, and evening courses at Dawson
lived down in Verdun and Cote-St-Paul sort of areas tho

For reference for people unfamiliar with Montréal

Green stars were roughly my rental locations; Red star was campus and Blue star was work
would take the subway up to campus in the morning then walk home after classes, nap, walk or longboard to work, then back home again around 5 am after shift
'twas good times

the city of Montréal is on an island in the middle of a river, so it is relatively condensed and builds upwards downtown; lots of 3-story apartment complexes in residential areas
Winnipeg, in contrast, is set up at a river crossing in the praries and sprawls outwards with suburbs of single-family houses in every direction

I lived on Durocher just south of pine. Literally the block where the road starts sloping up the mountain

--------------------

Edited by koods (06/30/18 03:44 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Unless you wear those gay 10-speed outfits and youre walking or biking somewhere... [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25300937 - 06/30/18 03:51 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

U got a good point.

Everytime i see a guy in those tight suits i think "training for Ironman eh?"

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25300938 - 06/30/18 03:52 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Can see how that would facilitate it a bit better then
mostly hung out more along the Lachine canal when not caught up in everything
the bike path ran from there all the way out to Parc Jean-Drapeau/La Ronde/Six Flags on the mini island
am not sure what the naming convention was when you were there -- the area where the Expo '67 center was

only place in the city that was ever metro to and from was going out to the Olympic stadium to visit the Botanical Gardens
took lots of photo trips to there during summer months:awesomenod:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon San Pedro

Community >> The Pub