Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: Gnats in my pf tek jars! [Re: crowseed]
    #25297343 - 06/28/18 04:06 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey... just thought I would throw my two cents because I've battled gnats,  white flies etc in the past.

Smoking them out is the best way to go.

Ive done this with alder before.  It's fucking dangerous but I managed to completely clear all the flying douchebags and their larvae out of one of my greenhouses.

I smoke salmon all the time.  And I grow quite a bit of weed. 

I combined the two lol. Somehow my plants actually thrived...

Last time I smoked out the indoor greenhouse here's what I did

I filled the tray of my smoker with alder chips.  Soaked in white wine.

Moved my plants to the outer edge of the greenhouse.  Thousands of gnats flying around. Maggots crawling all over the fucking dirt.

I sealed up the greenhouse,  stuck my smoker right in the middle and ran it... I thought for sure the plants would all die too... not one died.

Probably ran the smoker for an hour inside the greenhouse,  then when it stopped putting off smoke I moved it back out.  So smoky in there it was crazy.  Every maggot was lifeless even when I dug down into the pots... completely eradicated every single one of them bitches...

The plants drooped for a couple days and stunk like smoke... 2 weeks later they were all perfect like it never happened.

Maybe in the future you can make some kind of smoke chamber and murder those little fuckers in style.  . Maybe you throw a couple chunks of fish in there and kill two birds with one stone.  I don't know.  Worked for me. Plus the fish was delicious

--------------------

Edited by Steveinshell (06/28/18 04:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagicTruffleDude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gnats in my pf tek jars! [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25299525 - 06/29/18 06:13 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Appreciate all the help.  The maggots are all dead!  I figured if smoking them out would work then suffocating them will too.  So I got some electrical tape and taped all the holes shut and taped all around the rim of the jar just in case.  Then after 8 hours I took the tape off to find that these sneaky fuckers had came out of the cakes completely and found a pocket of air under the tape!!  So I killed them all by hand (it felt great). 

Ended up doing an experiment by taking the cake out of the jar since it was almost done anyway.  I think im going to try to bulk grow (idk the term) that cake in a little tub mixed with vermiculite or something.  Idk ill read more shit and figure out what to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds