Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleboom boom

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: Sivarted]
    #25298813 - 06/29/18 11:37 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Started FAE today. Surface conditions look ok?

Kinda tricky to keep water beaded on the edges without puddling in the middle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: boom boom]
    #25298818 - 06/29/18 11:41 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:

Looks good Boom Boom!

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: boom boom]
    #25298823 - 06/29/18 11:43 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

boom boom said:

Looks good to me. Thats pretty much how my boxes are looking.

The best suggestion ive seen for only misting the corners/edges is this:

Quote:

SebQc said:

I have noticed the same thing on my first grow, like you can see on that pic.

What iv done is using the lid to cover the part of the sub i dont wanna mist with it, and mist over the uncovered area. Like this.

Someone called it micromanaging :wink:, but it work if you want it perfect :thumbup:

I also have tons of condensation on the lids, what i do is being carefull when removing it to not make them drip on the sub, and i just shake it to the ground to remove the excess.

Invisibleboom boom

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25298832 - 06/29/18 11:47 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the eye, tormato. I'll probably be back soon to get confirmation when I start seeing my first knots.

And dude that's a good tip. I'm gonna start giving that a shot. Now that I've got the dub tub going I'm sure the edges are going to start drying quicker. The center on all the tubs has looked really good to me all along.

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: Legend21]
    #25298919 - 06/29/18 12:25 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Legend21 said:
Quote:

pixelpopper said:
Quote:

Legend21 said:
Dang I’m pissed two shoeboxes I have going have some side and bottom pins with none on top yet :facepalm: it’s been around a week since spawning it. I don’t know what happened my first three shoeboxes I had zero side pins and zero bottom pins. I must’ve made this substrate a little on the dry side. I just misted the tops of both hopefully I can turn them around.

Side/bottom pins happen. Its only a problem if its excessive and you're getting all side pins without much surface pins

So far I have no surface pins and a few side pins. But it’s only been about 6-7 days so maybe it will turn around

Use a liner? Subs shrink and once air starts getting down to the sides that's where the pins happen cuz that's where the most humidity is.

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: nube424]
    #25298991 - 06/29/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nube424 said:
Quote:

Legend21 said:
Quote:

pixelpopper said:
Quote:

Legend21 said:
Dang I’m pissed two shoeboxes I have going have some side and bottom pins with none on top yet :facepalm: it’s been around a week since spawning it. I don’t know what happened my first three shoeboxes I had zero side pins and zero bottom pins. I must’ve made this substrate a little on the dry side. I just misted the tops of both hopefully I can turn them around.

Side/bottom pins happen. Its only a problem if its excessive and you're getting all side pins without much surface pins

So far I have no surface pins and a few side pins. But it’s only been about 6-7 days so maybe it will turn around

Use a liner? Subs shrink and once air starts getting down to the sides that's where the pins happen cuz that's where the most humidity is.

I think the spawn is just contaminated or something. It showed one or two pins in the bag before I spawned but I just tore those off and spawned anyway. My other 3 shoeboxes didn’t show any side pins. I just spawned some clean wbs to another shoebox so if it happens again I’ll start using a liner. Also it seems these have slowed on colonizing the top since the side pins showed. The top of those two boxes have looked the same for a day or two now so it’s pribably screwed.

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

#25299006 - 06/29/18 01:12 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure if anyone else experiences this, but I am now realizing that stacking tubs is not a good idea. I have 6 tubs going, and they've been stacked in stacks of 2. I just opened them all to check for the first time, and every single tub on top of the stacks is covered in moisture and look perfect. Every single tub on the bottom of the stacks however, looks WAY drier and definitely required misting. They had almost no beads of moisture, compared to the ones on top that had a TON of droplets.

The sub, spawn, literally everything is the same with these tubs, except for their position in the stack. So just an FYI to people planning on doing shoe boxes, I do not recommend stacking them.

Offlinerj1623
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25299010 - 06/29/18 01:18 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Is it normal for pinning 5 days in ? This is my first shoebox . Spawned 6/25 to verm/coir.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: rj1623]
    #25299026 - 06/29/18 01:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

early pinning or pinning before colonization can be a sign of contams. 5days is quick but it depends how you re defining things.

is it 5days since spawning or 5days since fruiting?

ive only stacked shoeboxes 4high and didnt notice anything about the bottom ones.
if anyting id think the weight would push the lid down, restricting fae and keeping it too wet:shrug:

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: mushboy]
    #25299057 - 06/29/18 01:38 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
early pinning or pinning before colonization can be a sign of contams. 5days is quick but it depends how you re defining things.

is it 5days since spawning or 5days since fruiting?

ive only stacked shoeboxes 4high and didnt notice anything about the bottom ones.
if anyting id think the weight would push the lid down, restricting fae and keeping it too wet:shrug:

Idk that hasn't been the case with me for some reason, and they are only 2 boxes high. Unless its a weird coincidence, literally every one on the bottom is crazy dry, while everyone on top looks perfect. Same spawn, sub, everything.

Heres a pic of one of them on the bottom of a stack:

Heres a pic of one on the top of a stack:

As you can see, for me theres been a HUGE difference depending on where the box was in the stack.

Offlinerj1623
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25299068 - 06/29/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I mix and spawned it Monday. If it is contam is it ok to harvest and eat fruits?

http://

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25299070 - 06/29/18 01:43 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

people have different ambient conditions which affect how subs perform. especially small ass shoeboxes.

i like the bottom stack one better:awedance:

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

#25299078 - 06/29/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
people have different ambient conditions which affect how subs perform. especially small ass shoeboxes.

i like the bottom stack one better:awedance:

Really? You think that bottom stack one looks fine even though there are no beads of moisture? I thought beads of moisture, like in the top stack one, were what you wanted to aim for :confused: Should i be trying to get all of my boxes to look like the bottom stack ones? There are no beads of moisture except for a small circle in the middle.

Edited by flyhighfunguy (06/29/18 01:47 PM)

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25299111 - 06/29/18 02:04 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:chilldog:

overthinkingasim. Both look good dude.

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

#25299123 - 06/29/18 02:08 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:

Lol yea i do tend to over think a lot. But the tubs on top/bottom looks SO different from eachother. One of them has got to be more ideal conditions than the other right? I figured the ones with the beads of moisture (top of the stack) were the more ideal conditions right? According to what ive read on here at least

Also, I gave those bottom tubs a very light misting today, so now the surface have some beads of moisture and are glistening. Was that a mistake you think?

Edited by flyhighfunguy (06/29/18 02:10 PM)

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

#25299125 - 06/29/18 02:10 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Quote:

mushboy said:

Lol yea i do tend to over think a lot. But the tubs on top/bottom looks SO different from eachother. One of them has got to be more ideal conditions than the other right? I figured the ones with the beads of moisture (top of the stack) were the more ideal conditions right?

Just wait and see which one performs better or if they turn out the same :shrug: then next time you know what to aim for.

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

Loc: Dreamland
    #25299132 - 06/29/18 02:16 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I always worry about stacking in regards to the lids being too tight from being pushed down by tubs above, like mushboy mentioned, so I tend to avoid stacking except right after spawn

But maybe when the tubs push down on the lid below, it pushes the sides of the lids up allowing additional FAE at the edges? Dunno, just a thought

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25299138 - 06/29/18 02:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Legend21 said:
Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Quote:

mushboy said:

Lol yea i do tend to over think a lot. But the tubs on top/bottom looks SO different from eachother. One of them has got to be more ideal conditions than the other right? I figured the ones with the beads of moisture (top of the stack) were the more ideal conditions right?

Just wait and see which one performs better or if they turn out the same :shrug: then next time you know what to aim for.

:whathesaid:

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#25299227 - 06/29/18 03:05 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I dubbed this shoebox and gave it a bottom water less than 24 hrs ago.
The sub drank the water and these should be ready to harvest later tonight.:awesomenod:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Making shoeboxes [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25299248 - 06/29/18 03:16 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
I dubbed this shoebox and gave it a bottom water less than 24 hrs ago.
The sub drank the water and these should be ready to harvest later tonight.:awesomenod:

Why does your surface still appear so brown? Did you late-case it or something? I usually use a 1/4 inch top layer at spawn, and within 7 days its usually completely colonized, like in the picture below.

Quote:

pixelpopper said:
I always worry about stacking in regards to the lids being too tight from being pushed down by tubs above, like mushboy mentioned, so I tend to avoid stacking except right after spawn

But maybe when the tubs push down on the lid below, it pushes the sides of the lids up allowing additional FAE at the edges? Dunno, just a thought

Yea that definitely could be possible. The tubs on the bottom of the stacks are definitely getting way more fae. Im 100% certain thats gotta be the problem, because literally everything else is exactly the same with the tubs, except for their position in the stacks.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder