Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Windows Media Player
    #2523306 - 04/03/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Whenever I click on a video to watch it (in windows media player by default) the first few seconds of the video lag hardcore. I usually findmyself stopping the video as soon as it comes up so it doesn't lag so much for the first few seconds.

What could be the cause of this problem? Any ways to fix it?

And is there any other software that you would recommend? I basically want something simple, basic, and easy to use. I'm liking using windows media player but I will try others as well. I'm not so strict with my videos as i am with my music.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Windows Media Player [Re: abhi]
    #2524001 - 04/04/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I use media player classic for my videos.  It's based on the much simpler media player 6.4 look.  If you have the right codecs installed, it can play quicktime and realmedia files too.  It's a single exe so there's no install, couldn't really get much more basic than that. :smile:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2524395 - 04/04/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Do you know where I can get those codecs? Because quicktime and real suck a lot IMHO. Or do you know the name so I could search for them?

I'm gonna try this out now.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2524433 - 04/04/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There is a set of codecs here called 'real alternative' for real files. There's one called 'quicktime alternative' too, but I don't know how well that one works. I have quicktime installed, but I just disable all of it's associations and let MPC take over.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2524609 - 04/04/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was able to set the associations in the media players option menu to play real and quicktime files. Thanks for all the help.

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #2529439 - 04/05/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Happens to a majority of the WMP users. There is no real way around it, your computer is basically just initializing the video which includes reading the beginning of the file. On faster computers (3GHz+) you probably won't notice much, but remember the speed of loading the video is limited by drive speeds and clock speeds of the computer.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom