Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMick8535
Stranger
Male

Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting
    #25286795 - 06/23/18 08:35 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there,

I need help, as I am worried about my cutting. I just picked up this 12" T. Bridgesii tip cutting onine from a reputable e-bay vendor.

It showed up fine, all dried and white at the cut end. I have been storing it for 4 days so far in a well ventilated corner near a window, but out of the direct sunlight, approx 75 to 85 degrees has been the temperature. I have it standing upright, cutting side down (which is how the vendor told me to keep it). I need to wait 2 and a half more weeks (the wife is gonna be out of town to the weekend) before I can brew it up and consume it.

Yesterday it started to form these spots of mold (see pics). Is this bad? Can I wait and see what happens? Will it get worse? What can I do? I have never tripped on cactus before, so I am fully a noob to this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mick

PS, the wife has no idea I am gonna do cactus, so I can't go for an all out project to re-callus it, with a fan, and all that. Has to be on the down-low whatever I do to fix this.

--------------------
Begin challenging your assumptions. Your assumptions are the windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile or the light won't come in.
--- Alan Alda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezacho559
Cookie Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: Mick8535]
    #25286827 - 06/23/18 08:55 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Not to be a jackass but that mold looks tasty mmmm. XD

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority.

Offlinezacho559
Cookie Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: zacho559]
    #25286828 - 06/23/18 08:55 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

btw where did u get these cuttings? you can pm me

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority.

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: zacho559]
    #25286856 - 06/23/18 09:15 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Bridgesii is notorious for getting mold, especially if there is high humidity. Lay it on its side and face a fan to the callous. Let the fan blow on it to keep it dry. When its time to use it just cut off the callous first. As long as there is no black mold in the flesh you should be good.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25286962 - 06/23/18 10:08 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If that achuma came from the same vendor that I bought from, then you have a stick of dynamite, there. So Cal, by any chance? And how are you gonna' sly dog the brewing process past the wife? It's a lot of messy, smelly work.

JWM

Edited by JWM (06/23/18 10:10 AM)

OfflineMick8535
Stranger
Male

Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: JWM]
    #25287194 - 06/23/18 11:59 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

San Diego --- D***rt V**w C***us. They have many positive ratings, almost no negatives, such that I felt confident ordering from them.

A stick of dynamite, huh?!?!?
I like that, that term has a BANG feeling to it.
YES.  It is about 3-4" diameter, 12" long.
A FATTY.

The wife is going away during the day Thursday, will be gone until Monday AM. I plan to start my prep after work Thursday evening. Finishing up Friday AM. I am taking off work Friday (a sick day, shhh). Will probably consume Friday afternoon. I have the whole weekend to trip, and then kick back, depending upon the psychological fallout, fatigue, etc....

I think I am good!

--------------------
Begin challenging your assumptions. Your assumptions are the windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile or the light won't come in.
--- Alan Alda

Edited by Mick8535 (06/23/18 12:00 PM)

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
    #25288031 - 06/23/18 07:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

That's the one. Check my trip report, "A Vein of Fire".
I brewed two of those, less a 3" cutting at the tips which I'm going to re-pot. The guys here told me that 18" of Bridgesii would rock my world.
They were right. Best of luck! I'll look forward to reading about the adventure.

JWM

OfflineMick8535
Stranger
Male

#25288474 - 06/24/18 12:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

JWM,

Holy Fuck, that is one OUT THERE trip report! Now you have me almost worried.

OMG.

If my trip is half of what yours was, I don't know what I would do.
Of course, we are all different, and I'm sure that we all process and interact with a substance such that our experience is totally different (subjective) ---- but reading your trip story is a mind blower.

By the way, I am impressed at your ability to describe it so articulately. I have taken many acid trips and shroom trips in "my day," yet they were always just for kicks, recreationally. In fact, the more freaky and bizarre, the better. I sought to bend my brain as much as I could, almost as a further form of denial of my shit.

I am 55 years old now, and the years that I took shrooms and LSD a lot were in my 20's and into my mid 30's. Back then I wasn't in touch with myself like I am now. I had suppressed, actively, a good deal of negative experiences (abuse in a bunch of forms. Not gonna get into it, but a good deal of fucked up shit happened to me as a kid).

I have changed my life greatly since those days, I went to college, earned an advanced degree even, I am now a productive part of society as a helping professional, happily married to an awesome lady, a bonafide homeowner, all kinds of good stuff. But lately I have been experiencing emotional limitations that I can only describe as the effects of things that I have buried and locked down securely from my childhood, stuff that got stored away maladaptively.

In doing cactus "dynamite," as you say, I want to unlock the hold these experiences still seem to have upon me -- and open myself up to taking another view of them and myself, even re-program my internalization's, see my stuff for what it really is (or isn't). It could be scary, it could be fucked up, or it could be beautiful and wonderful. I believe the opportunity is there to retool my psyche and my sense of myself.

I seek truth, enlightenment, and to unchain my being from that which I am still hanging onto on some deep, deep level.

I'm doing it.
Alone.
I have a couple of trusted people I can call, one who will come to my aid if necessary, but I'm going for it. I trust myself to be strong enough.... but the thing that freaks me out a little (or a lot) is the idea of heavy-duty hallucinations. I have never in all my tripping, hallucinated such that reality is so altered as you describe in your trip report. I been doing as much research as I can so that I won't be totally blindsided, yet its most likely gong to still blow my mind.

Thoughts?

Oh, here is the full image of the amazing cactus cutting.

Edited by Mick8535 (06/24/18 12:12 AM)

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
    #25288558 - 06/24/18 01:28 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for the kind words. As per always I was so hasty to get that posted that- (I used to teach English) I'm polishing some of it, but I did get the essence right. Here's the part that I did not finish: very short version
The nausea, the sickness took me by surprise, but- It's hard to explain- it was easy to accept that  the sickness was integral to this experience. Expelling the devil and all that. Same with the insomnia. It sounds maddening, but the mescaline grants your mind a very merciful sort of limbo. You may not sleep, but you won't be spinning with a zillion uncontrollable thoughts either. You just accept it.
Some years back I had the privilege of attending a Native American Bear dance ceremony. I sat the sweat lodge with Indians who took no small pleasure in seeing the occasional white man guest panic and beg to get out. Same with the all night circle dancing. I made it, and earned a nod. Physically it was brutal, but overall it was a good event. This was like that. But the mescaline is kinder. It was occasionally tough, but even in the sickness there was never a sense of panic, never that mushroom moment when you say, 'I want this to stop', never a time when I wanted out. Never a moment when I asked Oh, God what was I thinkin'? And I'm really a lightweight when it comes to psychedelics. 1/3 of a tab is it. Mushrooms are on the list, but I've had them scare the pants off me, too. Anyway, All I can say is that there is nothing to fear. Alone at home is a fine choice. You'll be OK. Relax, take a deep breath, hold yer nose an' gulp.

Oh yeah- great cutting! I bought nine of them. Six of which are in pots. I figure I'll be able to get them in the ground next year. Actually, I prepared 27" of cuttings slightly smaller than yours. 1600 and some odd grams. I was going to shoot the moon and do all three. Glad I didn't. At 18" 1075 grams, I hit it just right.  Nine would have been fun, but I would have wanted more.

JWM

Edited by JWM (06/24/18 01:38 AM)

OfflineMick8535
Stranger
Male

#25289236 - 06/24/18 12:39 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the follow up, JWM. I feel reassured. I got this. Will def. contribute a full trip report afterwards.

--------------------
--- Alan Alda

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #25289729 - 06/24/18 06:33 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So only a true cactus eater would chew up a big stick, and chase is with some rootbeer.  You need to chew up 18 inches, and pukes your guts out.  Take it from me.  If I has the pasty looking black mold,  then :awesomenod::feelsgoodman:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineMick8535
Stranger
Male

Re: Mold starting on my T. Bridgesii cactus cutting [Re: starfire_xes]
    #25293437 - 06/26/18 05:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So I am freaking out... well, not actually freaking out, but, well, I WANT TO TAKE IT NOW, not have to wait 16 more days!

--- And to top it all off, I have been reading all I can find on cactus, mescaline, trolling mesc trip reports, you know, like when you go to a big rock concert, and before hand you play all your favorite music from the band to get psyched up.

Except this is 16 more fucking days of being psyched.

I know, it will come when it comes, no need to get my panties in a twist ---- BUT I WANT TO FLY THE UNIVERSE NOW!!!

Fellow freaks - What can I do to get through the next 16 days?

H E L P !!!!

--------------------
--- Alan Alda

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
    #25293471 - 06/26/18 05:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

LOL!

As a cactus neophyte myself I can (as the kids say) *relate*.

The first thing I am learning is patience. And I'm really not great at patience. So I practice a little every day. Small things like not screaming at people when I drive. Holding it in for a few extra minutes when I have to pee. Getting in the long line at the supermarket.
None of this helps at all. :wink:

JWM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies