Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePegs
Stranger
Loc: USA
Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming!
    #2529022 - 04/05/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:mushroom2:    Hi! I have a scenario I want everyone's opinion on, both experienced and non-experienced shroomers:  :mushroom2:
I'm going on a camping trip in May, and have never shroomed before. I want to shroom with my boyfriend and a couple of close friends. I've heard all about how great it is, and how wonderful you feel, however I did LSD once and vowed never to do it again because it was so horrible. I got really paranoid and overwhelming feelings of anxiety.  :shake: I have smoked pot a lot before, and was totally fine with that.  :bong: I did extasy a couple of times and freaked out on that also.  :whoa:  My thoery is I cannot handle any drugs with harsh/unknown chemicals in them. Anyway, do you think it's a good idea to do it in the woods? I believe it is, seeing as I will be one with nature and the people around me. How many do you suggest I take for the first time? I'm not too interested in hallucinations, I just want to experience the feeling of "oneness" with the people I love.  :heartpump: Any suggestions on how to keep myself calm when it all starts hitting me? (The new feeling, and letting myself go.) Is there any mental exercises I can do so I won't wig out on this, too? I know I probably sound like I'm looking into all of this too much, but I want this to be a good experience and would like other people's outlook. Thanks!  :cool:

Edited by Pegs (04/05/04 09:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: Pegs]
    #2529032 - 04/05/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno, lsd is the greatest!  and you didn't like that. :shocked:  well you should still give it a try.  Look who you are with, great friends, you should love it if it is your first time.

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Edited by FatVsAsia (04/05/04 09:24 PM)

OfflinePegs
Stranger
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2529066 - 04/05/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well maybe I didn't like it because I was the only one on LSD at the time, and everyone else couldn't understand what I was feeling, so it made me scared.  :thumbdown:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2529082 - 04/05/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do you have an mp3 player or a CD player? If things start getting out of hand, try putting on some Bob Marley, or the Grateful Dead, or any really relaxing happy music. :thumbup:

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #2529122 - 04/05/04 09:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Honest opinion...
Be careful, very careful... If you didnt like ecstasy or acid, I dont know if you'd like shrooms. After years of use with all the things you mentioned, I would say shrooms are the toughest to handle, and prove to be quite a rough trip for me. I still like them, but if you're prone to freaking out, I would be very apprehensive. If you want to try them anyways, dont eat a whole eigth your first time like most people, start low, and shoot for more of a body high  :mushroom2: Camping on shrooms is definately the best though.  :biggrin:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2529183 - 04/05/04 10:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yes indeed.

If you're freaking out easily on ecstacy, shrooms are perhaps not what you're looking for.
IMO its a lot harder to handle because of the mindfuck.
I say try 1g-1.5 max for your first time.
Have fun! :smile:

OfflineChr0n07ech
Stranger
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: Gus]
    #2529673 - 04/05/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i agree just start with a low dose. coming up on shrooms is usually the hardest part, even if you have done it before. good music and some meditating should help you out though.

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
    #2532640 - 04/06/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yes indeed.

If you're freaking out easily on ecstacy, shrooms are perhaps not what you're looking for.
IMO its a lot harder to handle because of the mindfuck.
I say try 1g-1.5 max for your first time.
Have fun!

Could someone please define mindfuck?

I want to try shrooms really bad too, and I have a big feeling I will probably freak out at least a little...I freak out easily but I know I will regret not doing it. I plan to take 1.5g, and I'll be with my best friend and another friend who will be doing it.

By the way, I have only tried pot.

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2532657 - 04/06/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Actually once I started to kind of freak out on pot, cause for some reason I was thinking about reincarnation and how you would start everything all over again and not remember anythign about your past life. Lets just say I'm not up for that.

The funny part is that it didn't occur to me at all that reincarnation is just a belief...but I managed to calm down anyways, it just stopped bothering me I guess.

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Edited by ShroomNoob03 (04/06/04 08:30 PM)

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #2532833 - 04/06/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Not much experience here, but I would suggest just doing a small dose. Just enough to feel good, enhance your visuals, and make the music sound perfect.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2532884 - 04/06/04 09:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There are no words in the english language capable of defining the experience. If you freak out on pot, perhaps you should take some time to research exactly what it is your getting into, and consider why it is you want to try shrooms before you actually try them. If your answer to that question is, "to see things" then I would suggest you don't try them. Mushrooms are not a toy, they are not to be taken lightly.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinechasingstardna
Hypervigilance

Loc: Ontario
    #2533176 - 04/06/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think you'll be fine as long as your stay happy and are in a safe environment with people you trust. That way, you shouldn't get paranoid.

--------------------

Get in.

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2533183 - 04/06/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I completely understand what I'm getting into, I have read countless threads, articles, and trip reports. I was just saying that I can get anxious easily. I know I will regret not trying it, and think I'll be fine after take off.

I never normally get nervous on pot, I just got nervous about being reincarnated and forgetting everything about my current life. LoL, I guess that sounds dumb, but it bothered me at the time. I feel kind of stupid now thinking about it. Lets just say I'm the kid who wouldn't jump off the high dive cause I was too much of a chicken shit.

I'll be getting the shrooms from my uncle and I'll be trying them the first time in my house with my best friend (he won't be trying). My set and setting have been taken into careful consideration. I think I'm ready, I guess I was just asking if you guys felt the same...but I guess that doesn't really matter since I'll probably do it either way.

So advice would be good,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------

-Carl Sagan

Edited by ShroomNoob03 (04/06/04 11:22 PM)

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2533200 - 04/06/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My advice is have good music prepared ahead of time, and smoke lots of pot. Good luck.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2533252 - 04/06/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Also, I forgot to mention I get motion sickness. I posted a thread about it a few months ago (maybe longer) and everyone said not to worry about it.

My dad gets it pretty bad too and I know he used to take Acid. My uncle said not to worry about it because he never got it on Psychedelics but he said I could if the floor started rising and falling (there's a word for it...)like the ocean.

The Erowid Psychedelics FAQs said you could take Dramamine if needed...

What do you guys think?

Thanks so far,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------

-Carl Sagan

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
    #2534588 - 04/07/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ShroomNoob03,

I was in a similar position to you when I first read about shrooms and then just had to try them. I'd never considered myself the type of person who would take "drugs", but it seemed too good to pass up. I ended up persuading one of my best friends to take them with me on a lovely sunny afternoon at his house.

I honestly believe I couldn't have had a better introduction. The feeling that we were both journeying into the unknown but incredible world of shrooms really kept us excited rather than anxious the whole time. 'Pegs' says he or she spun out on LSD because he or she was the only one taking it. I think I know how that would feel, and I really recommend having someone else there who can share the learning experience and fun of the trip.

That way no one focuses on the scarier potential parts of the trip. You'll remark how amazing the flowers are, or how "the tree won't stop moving my curtain!" (eventually I pointed out the wind was blowing both); you simply won't mention nagging doubts unless you go out of your way to talk about them, and your shroomy brain will forget all about them. If you want, having another sober friend there to look after you might make you feel even safer, but you should know both of them well if so.

And remember, the trip *is* safe, you're very unlikely to do anything risky you wouldn't do sober, and anything else it just a temporary feeling. Just take them on a nice sunny day when the world seems amazing, lay back and watch the patterns :grin:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2534786 - 04/07/04 01:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Don't take dramamine, that shit is gross. If you get sick, just puke....and try to hit the toilet. I think you need to go ahead and get it over with, you seem like you know enough.....your just nervous, which is understandable. Don't worry, if you start to freak out just remember whats happening....I bet you won't though, I bet you have a blast.

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineparticlezen
breaking openthe head
 User Gallery

Loc: 2,000 light years from ho...
    #2534875 - 04/07/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A 1.5 gram dose is like a visual version of ecstasy. If you found E freaky, lay off shrooms.

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

OfflinePegs
Stranger
Re: Need Advice for My First Time Shrooming! [Re: chasingstardna]
    #2537859 - 04/08/04 02:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I agree totally. I don't want to shroom to hallucinate, I want to do it because of the feeling you acquire when you're on them. A friend of mine said it was like a feeling that everything at that moment was right in the world....the people she was around were right, the cigarette she smoked, the music she listened to, etc. I wasn't planning on taking a lot my first time, just enough to feel it, not have a full-blown trip, ya know? But here's a question: How do I know how many grams I'm taking? Do I really need to like bust out a scale and weight them or what?  :alert: Also I was told if I start to freak out for some reason or another, I could just pop a valium.  :pill2: Is that such a good idea to have all of these chemicals in your system? I mean I have some if I need em, but is that really safe?  :confused:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience