Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Haus Absolute]
    #25268590 - 06/14/18 07:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Haus Absolute said:
Thanks! I went to fan and mist after work today and noticed some strange discolorations. Hopefully it's nothing. They're growing fast. I appreciate everyones help!

Nice:thumbup:Might just be the good blue.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Matrix
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25276489 - 06/18/18 12:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Well I have finally gotten some more pins on this single cake I'm doing this way but cant seems to get any top pins but its okay at least I have some! I've been keeping the top nice and misted but still just have side pins here are some of them!

--------------------

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Opticz]
    #25277872 - 06/19/18 12:08 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Opticz said:
Well i harvested my cake last night, it was extremely hard to get out of the jar i banged and shook it a bunch and ended up needing a spoon to kinda dig it out. Not sure on weight but i know it wasn't very much. I have a scale coming in later today so i will update with the weight. The cake was pretty dry and i misted it and let some water sit in the bottom over night to see if it would soak it up and it did completely I am actually dunking it right now just for a few hours to let it soak up any more water it needs! thanks for the help guys

Hold the jar upside down and hit the bottom three times.

Them turn the jar at a downward angle.
Just like your putting ketchup on a hot dog.

Karate chop the side of the jar about three or four times and it should pop right out.

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

OfflineCjmckay
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Opticz]
    #25278286 - 06/19/18 07:20 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Opticz said:
Well I have finally gotten some more pins on this single cake I'm doing this way but cant seems to get any top pins but its okay at least I have some! I've been keeping the top nice and misted but still just have side pins here are some of them!

I'm surprised with those jars they didn't come out easier. I only have the tall half pints. They did give me trouble when the pins wedged themselves in there. BTW, the hot and sour soup container produced my first contams. The smell became very apparent. It's been pretty hot here, almost 90. I was also a bit lax on sanitizing. Just washed with soap and water.

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Cjmckay]
    #25278329 - 06/19/18 07:52 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Snakeye said:

Karate chop the side of the jar about three or four times and it should pop right out.

yea i tried all of that even tried a trick my dad taught me to hold the jar in one hand and hit your wrist, it creates a kinda a deep vibrating action worked for me before but this sucker was not coming out. It ended up taking me at least five mins with a spoon to get it out wasn't budging at all. But i got it out.

Quote:

Cjmckay said:

I'm surprised with those jars they didn't come out easier. I only have the tall half pints. They did give me trouble when the pins wedged themselves in there. BTW, the hot and sour soup container produced my first contams. The smell became very apparent. It's been pretty hot here, almost 90. I was also a bit lax on sanitizing. Just washed with soap and water.

yea i was really surprised too! I moved it from the jar to a different container. My wife buys our dog these treats in plastic container and it fits the cake perfectly it has plenty of room all around the sides of it and a nice 3 inches of space above it with a loose fitting lid. I have to be honest I didn't really was it too good. I just sprayed it out with hot water so it will probably contam but oh well as long as i get a few flushes out of it I'm okay. The little mushies seem to like this better too more space to branch out and grow the few pins have grown a lot more since i put them in this container.

--------------------

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
    #25278375 - 06/19/18 08:12 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Opticz said:
Quote:

Snakeye said:

yea i tried all of that even tried a trick my dad taught me to hold the jar in one hand and hit your wrist, it creates a kinda a deep vibrating action worked for me before but this sucker was not coming out. It ended up taking me at least five mins with a spoon to get it out wasn't budging at all. But i got it out.

Your Judo Chop is not yet strong enough Young Grasshoppa. :shrug:

:goodluck: Homie.

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25278391 - 06/19/18 08:23 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Snakeye said:
Your Judo Chop is not yet strong enough Young Grasshoppa. :shrug:

:goodluck: Homie.

I will start practicing my chop,:fuckthisshit: Thanks Snakeye!:crabstyle: I'll let you guys know how this container plays out once I harvest. I'll add some pics of it then too

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25285159 - 06/22/18 12:50 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Here is the container that I started fruiting my single cake in. Its a dog treat container from Freds it seems to be working perfectly! I mist every once in a while and kinda use the lid to fan it.

Here is a shot from the top. I think I'm going to try and print that big mushy when the time come to. Will be my first print but i am running out of spore juice.

--------------------

Offlineburied_totems
The Wanderer

#25288160 - 06/23/18 08:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

A few questions from a newbie!

Is it necessary to birth the cakes to get the layer of verm off? Can I just spoon out the verm and reapply a new layer?

Do I wash the entire cake, or just wash off the top layer of verm?

Do I need to put any holes in the bags for FAE?

What kind of light do they need?

--------------------

The golden rule of mushroom hunting and star voyaging? be patient.

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: buried_totems]
    #25288205 - 06/23/18 09:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

buried_totems said:

Is it necessary to birth the cakes to get the layer of verm off? Can I just spoon out the verm and reapply a new layer?

1. Dump out the old verm you don't need to birth your cakes. Add a very thin layer of new verm and mist it until damp.
2. Don't wash it at all
3.No just remove it daily to mist when needed and don't seal the bag too tightly around the jar
4. I set mine next to a window in indirect sunlight

Good luck !

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

:acidcat:

Offlineburied_totems
The Wanderer

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25288544 - 06/24/18 01:14 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PennyLane88 said:
Quote:

buried_totems said:

1. Dump out the old verm you don't need to birth your cakes. Add a very thin layer of new verm and mist it until damp.
2. Don't wash it at all
3.No just remove it daily to mist when needed and don't seal the bag too tightly around the jar
4. I set mine next to a window in indirect sunlight

Good luck !

Thanks very much for the response. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the point of birthing the cakes? Do I wash them? Or am I literally birthing and then putting them back in the jar? I'm definitely missing something here. Do I dunk for 24 hours?

--------------------

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: buried_totems]
    #25288725 - 06/24/18 05:58 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You don't dunk at all ! Just open the jar and dump out the old verm and add a new very thin layer. You don't have to take the cake out of the jar at all (at least I didn't)  Just mist the new verm you added as needed .

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

Offlineburied_totems
The Wanderer

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25288955 - 06/24/18 09:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks!

--------------------

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child

#25289132 - 06/24/18 11:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

buried_totems said:
Thanks!

You're welcome :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSoulsearchin2018
Noob
 User Gallery
    #25289515 - 06/24/18 03:57 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I really liked the idea of this so I gave it a try

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Soulsearchin2018]
    #25289518 - 06/24/18 03:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Soulsearchin2018 said:

I really liked the idea of this so I gave it a try

what kind of container is that? looks really cool

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Soulsearchin2018]
    #25289522 - 06/24/18 03:59 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm guessing it's going to work half as good as the baggie. more stale and less air exchange + trapped humidity

which one would you rather stick a pet hamster in. mushrooms like to breathe too

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25289528 - 06/24/18 04:03 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I harvested my single cake today and it turned out pretty pathetic again just the like first flush. Granted i took two of the bigger caps off to take some prints it only came out to 15 wet grams not much for anything but it's at least something. I didn't do a proper dunk after the first flush so I'm trying that now to see if i get a better third flush off of this cake. Probably going to be a crappy one too but we shall see.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: Opticz] * 1
    #25289530 - 06/24/18 04:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

that thing looks like the housing for a torsion pendulum clock

Offlineburied_totems
The Wanderer

Re: Bod's easy AF cheapest way to get started by yourself no need for a pressure cooker [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25289868 - 06/24/18 07:52 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey friends, I thought up one last question about fruiting in jars.

When applying the new layer of verm (after scooping out the old layer), do I need to sterilize the new verm by baking it or anything like that? Or just dump straight from the bag? I am a bit paranoid about contams.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck