Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Random questions...
    #2528926 - 04/05/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I want to believe there is more in this existence. I suppose that is like most people. Is wanting more to life selfish? Or ignorant? Or over looking it's meaning?

Logic...I feel as if I sometimes rely too heavily on it to determine what may be valid and what is foolish. How can I (or anyone) determine what is genuinely spiritual and what is not? Is it something that should be judged in the first place? Or can it be judged? According to what? Some exclusively known universal truth...? Blah.

This post's questions may seem sporadic, so any response is welcome.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Random questions... [Re: Viaggio]
    #2529017 - 04/05/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hey! how are you?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Random questions... [Re: CleverName]
    #2529025 - 04/05/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Actually...I'm doing great. In fact, I'm happy. You?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineCleverName

#2529049 - 04/05/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

im eating an orange, and feel pretty great. just got done watching o'reilly on the tele. i used to dislike his views..but as i get older i find myself agreeing with the fellow.

but yeah...eating oranges

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2529073 - 04/05/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, hahahah!  You really like the last part of my post, punk ass :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2529124 - 04/05/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

depends on what information you have and the certain connections you make with them.

one thing that always gets me is people who have those near death experiences.  Better yet, people having OBE's.  If these reall happen, there is a great possibility that consciousness can exist outside of the body.  furthermore, people can store that memory in their brain, after all, they do tell what "happens"

I may be speculating here, but I feel that if these are true, then consciousness exists even after the body dies.  just my opinion though  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #2529186 - 04/05/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Wanting more is what makes us human. And you could argue (as Mr Mushrooms has done) that every human possesses an inherently selfish nature.

As far as logical judgements go... It's my opinion that every judgement, however logical, is flawed, or at least, contradictory and paradoxical. Of course, they are necessary, but they lack the ability to be objective, and so should never be taken too seriously. To do so would be foolish, and even dangerous.  :crazy:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineCleverName

#2529193 - 04/05/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"How can I (or anyone) determine what is genuinely spiritual and what is not? Is it something that should be judged in the first place? Or can it be judged? According to what?"

"things" aren't inherintely good, evil, or spiritual. things are. i think things that cultivate positivity could be considered healthy...not neccessarily spiritual.

we humans are a funny bunch. always assigning meaning to things, giving importance here and neglect there. social animals are we, it seems we are inherently drawn to caste systems.

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #2529221 - 04/05/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I like you, CleverName.  :grin:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Random questions... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2532753 - 04/06/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The OBE and consciousness existing outside the body is an interesting idea, but...couldn't an OBE be easily classified as a hallucination?

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2533303 - 04/06/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"social animals are we, it seems we are inherently drawn to caste systems"

But it wasen't always like this. Imagine being one of the first humans to walk the earth, having to form your own veiws on just what's around you, with no former training for functionability on the planet. Which brings up the question was the first human created or born  :eyemouth:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Random questions... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2533472 - 04/06/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>Imagine being one of the first humans to walk the earth, having to form your own veiws on just what's around you with no former training for functionability on the planet
-No former functionality or training? Certainly, you must be a creationist. If you believe that humans evolved from another species, you will understnad that they were trained by there parents and functioned quite well.

>Which brings up the question was the first human created or born.
-Hmm....

OfflineCleverName

Re: Random questions... [Re: Adamist]
    #2533501 - 04/06/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I like you too, compadre

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineXazer
local idiot

Loc: Augusta, GA
    #2533557 - 04/06/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I often wonder about things like this too. Is living 75 years really worth it? I don't think wanting more out of life is selfish at all, seeing how if you look at the big picture that isn't very long at all.

"Logic...I feel as if I sometimes rely too heavily on it to determine what may be valid and what is foolish. How can I (or anyone) determine what is genuinely spiritual and what is not? Is it something that should be judged in the first place? Or can it be judged? According to what? Some exclusively known universal truth...? Blah"

Heh, I don't think the human mind can really decipher what is spiritual and what is not. We really can percieve what truly is and isn't (as in anything in general). If you try and think about a concept of it being valid enough or too foolish you will probably wind up convincing yourself it is the exact opposite. Well at least this is what happends for me on almost all things. If I try too hard to remember someone's face, it almost becomes impossible to do so. So if I thought too hard on weither this was appropriate I will probably draw many conclusions that it is in fact not appropriate.

This post was probably confusing, and for that I do appologize seeing how I am new here. Hopefully you will get mostly what I am trying to say.

--------------------

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

OfflineCleverName

Re: Random questions... [Re: Xazer]
    #2533574 - 04/06/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

this is the purpose

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2533876 - 04/07/04 03:24 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
The OBE and consciousness existing outside the body is an interesting idea, but...couldn't an OBE be easily classified as a hallucination?

*was eating an orange as he read this thread* :lol:

The things we see with our eyes can easily be classified as a hallucination as well. :wink:

So the question is in the validity in the particular hallucinations, really. What we see with our eyes is generally considered to be valid, of course, because more than one person can see the same tree or statue.....

However, this doesn't mean that OBE's can be written off simply because of the fact that they weren't produced by our normal senses. It is easy to try to fit everything perfectly into our current paradigm... and sort of ignorant. :grin:

I don't know if there is anything at all to OBE's or not, but I don't think we can simply label them as "hallucinations" and then forget about them. Hell, time is just an illusion that can be shaped and space might be an illusion as well.  :smirk:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Random questions... [Re: Xazer]
    #2534620 - 04/07/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Zaxer, I could relate to some of your post. It seems like any attempt to decipher is pointless...as if I don't have the tools...as if I'm spiritually illiterate.

So why bother? Why ask why? Because it's in my nature to wonder, right? So then, why is it in my nature to wonder?

The things we see with our eyes can easily be classified as a hallucination as well.
fireworks god, I can't agree with this statement...or at least not with the description of easily. If two people can agree that their senses are detecting the same thing, then it is not a hallucination. However, you do make a good point about how things (such as OBEs) shouldn't be so quickly written off because they don't honor our immediate senses.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Random questions... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2535779 - 04/07/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Many people who have passed out in a centrifuge have claimed to have OBE. I have seen a freind returning to reality after passing out; he claimed to be laying on his back traveling at a fast speed in a land he'd never been in. I told him right before he hit the ground there was a speed board race in australia on television.

I'm not sure if OBE are anything but mental confusion caused by blood moving out of the brain as your lose conciousness. The idea of traveling space, meeting god, having special powers or riding a skateboard is exciting and romantic... and because of this people are more likely to insist these things ACTUALLY happened.

Hell, when I wake up from a dream that I just won the lottery or something great like that... sometimes I'll roll over and try to re-enter that imaginative reality. I think other people have the same drive to break up the mundane with these illusions; some take it to far, however. When you start trying to affect other people based on these things, your bound to run into trouble.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags