Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
A Theory of Different Origin
    #2528611 - 04/05/04 07:30 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I propose a theory that should already exist. Some will argue and say this is common sense, but I will argue and say if it is, how come no one follows it?

The theory is simple.

Now, we all know that many spiritual, philosophical , and religious views and understandings are based on ignorance, fear, doubt, and a clouded mind. This is apparent, and many people are extremely delusioned.

However, what about people who have, through clear-headedness, direct experience, and developed human abilities, reached their own Truths? The problem here is, there seem to be more than one Truth.

Does this mean that one thought train is correct, or one religion is true?

Here is my theory. I believe that Earth is a schoolroom. I believe that souls come here to learn, experience, engage in dramas, and do all sorts of things.

I do not believe every human on this Earth has the same path. I do not believe their is one "correct" religion. I do not believe that "Truth" , in its highest form, is reachable from the physical.

The theory states that Humans have different origins from our universe and dimensions, and different purposes. This is ONE OF the causes, but certainly not the only, or even main cause , for different diets, different lifestyles, different everything.

This mainly applies to philosophical beliefs, and religious beliefs, however.

For instance, in this lifetime, I might KNOW something to be true. I might have directly experienced it. Other people will try and convince me I'm wrong, but I know it to be true. It turns out, after I die - I find out that I was wrong.....but I needed that belief in order to achieve a mission I came to accomplish. Does this make sense?

So, although that belief was not "Truth", it was important, and necessary for my incarnaiton during that specific lifetime.

I believe many worldy religions hold great Truths...but don't necessarily apply to everyone. I believe certain people, no matter how hard they try, and not "meant' for certain religions, beliefs, etc.

/End of proposal of Theory.

Again, I know this is probably common sense, but if so, then why do we often try to argue and change other's beliefs and views? Even if we know for a fact we are right, why should we try to convince others?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: A Theory of Different Origin [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2528619 - 04/05/04 07:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Or maybe all of these individual truths are the very thing that tears the common reality apart.

I have an idea that states the opposite; that having individual truths causes conflict and that if everyone subscribed to the same reality people would grow closer together. These truths would be based on the reality that everyone co-exists in.

I assume these universal truths would include that each person exists with each person acknowledging the existance of other people. Beliefs wouldn't exist to the people living within this framework because of the very nature of beliefs. Ideas would be encouraged, however... because ideas can change with good evidence and can eventually be proven/disproven.

Science and logic would be prevailant, as these things allow an things to be proven on an individual and universal basis.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2528630 - 04/05/04 07:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the?o?ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, th?r)
n. pl. the?o?ries

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Please explain how your "theory" has any predictive ability whatsoever.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: A Theory of Different Origin [Re: Swami]
    #2528640 - 04/05/04 07:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, my words are just a bridge.

Youve confused me, are you picking at my words (the bridge), or the actual message I'm trying to convey. I'm not good with words.

If its the message, what dont you understand and I'll try to explain it better.

sorry

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2529067 - 04/05/04 09:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think Swami is observing that your 'theory' is very vague with no real basis in anything and it doesn't really lead the viewer anywhere. Generally you want to state some kind of premise or evidence or 'something' and then build off it. You just started ranting with no beginning or end. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2529487 - 04/05/04 11:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think the only true religion can only be your own, and that you further your own religion by absorbing and filtering all the many religions, beliefs, and ways of life there is to offer in this existance, and tying them into your personal truth.... I agree with alot of what you said... sheesh those nit picky guys that like to break good thoughts down to wrong word usage make me sick, and have no place in an intelegent disscuision.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: A Theory of Different Origin [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2529539 - 04/05/04 11:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
sheesh those nit picky guys  that like to break good thoughts down to wrong word usage make me sick, and have no place in an intelegent disscuision.

Score one for the nit pickers  :lol:  (just teasing)

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: A Theory of Different Origin [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2529603 - 04/05/04 11:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Why would you detest clarity and precision in communication?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2529657 - 04/05/04 11:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thats the whole problem with religion imo is that it is religion. You can preach all you want about loving your neighbor, but a life practice like buddhism is all about doing, not going on missions and belittling "nonbelievers."

also, "truths" are more of practicalities, and its so hard to put in words what our experiences hold to us as true. who says we all, when seeing the bigger picture, wouldn't all see the truth.

:sun: :heart: :sun:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology