Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Converting Huge Van into Stealth Camper And Traveling Around Australia [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #25283804 - 06/21/18 05:29 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

That other post would get you pulled over within 15 minutes with a swat team on the way in the States.  Great creativity though.:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecraftycan
Stranger
Re: Converting Huge Van into Stealth Camper And Traveling Around Australia [Re: Barnaby]
    #25296550 - 06/28/18 08:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Its been a nightmare boys.

I had van all setup. Basic solar setup running my PS4 with TV plus laptops phones and small fridge. Was going great for 1000KM.

Then the bitch started overheating. I pulled over at the next gas station (it was 200 KM away!) and the coolant was literally mud. I couldn't believe my eyes. MUD!

I sat there and flushed the bitch for ages and tried to drive it more. It continued to overheat. I looked around under hood and found the thermostat was stuck closed... which I had never seen before. Only seen them stuck open. So I tried with all my might to get the fucker out and the positioning (under the driver seat) plus the rust made it impossible. So I drove it 30 KM at a time then stopped until I made it to a town (karratha). It took me ages. I had a mechanic here take the thermostat just out since they couldn't source a part for a week.

I'm still overheating but less bad. So now I need to try a radiator and they dont have one for 500 KM in the next town. So I've been flushing the hell out of my radiator over and over and im just going to go for it tomorrow night when its cold and cross my fingers that I make it.

The car runs totally fine so its not a head gasket. I've had several heads crack on me and this thing starts and runs perfectly. Even when hot.

Anyways.... aside from that.... I'm here in Dampier. Home of Red Dog. It is gorgeous! The beaches are amazing and tomorrow there is apparently a special moon event that is happening called "Staircase to the moon". We will be checking that out. I haven't gone fishing yet but I'm excited to. I've been trying all sorts of cool Aussie cuisine. I've had some barramundi fish fillets and they have totally changed my life. They put salmon to shame. Meat pies of course. I've been chatting up the locals... haven't met a single person who isn't incredibly friendly.

I'm having a great time even with some mechanical issues. I need to get some pictures up for you guys. I've been failing here! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]