Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoisonousLookalike
A lazy bastard living in a suit
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Between the Devil and the...
Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere?
    #25276343 - 06/18/18 10:56 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

I've noticed that, since I began delving into the psychedelic realms, I've begun to notice things that seem to refer to psychedelics much more often. For example poetry:

"We are led to Believe a Lie
When we see not Thro' the Eye
Which was Born in a Night to perish in a Night
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light " - William Blake
(Sounds like something Terence Mckenna would say)

Music:

"Time marches on
Time stands still
We contemplate eternity
Beneath the vast indifference of heaven" - Warren Zevon
(Time dilation, ego dissolution maybe)

And many other examples that seem to bear a remarkable resemblance to some part of the psychedelic experience.

It may just be because I have discovered a new interest, but I'm not sure. I've had an interest in opiates since I was 15 and I never think that poetry is about it :laugh:

Also I notice psychedelic visuals more often. I often swear that shadows move, sometimes I see things fly by (usually shadows) in the corner of my eye, patterns seem to flow.

Of course, this could be HPPD but I think it is more in my imagination.

In general, it seems like psychedelics seem to turn up in my life a lot more since I began tripping.

Anyone else notice(d) this?

--------------------
"Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned" - Leonard Cohen

When we see not Thro the Eye
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light" - William Blake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Loc: Limbo
Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: PoisonousLookalike]
    #25276415 - 06/18/18 11:37 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty much, yeah. I started this thread not long ago, twin to yours.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25225861/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
Materialistic, individualistic, truth seeker, risk taker.

Edited by Inflaton (06/18/18 11:38 AM)

Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25276451 - 06/18/18 12:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yes. Semi-recent example: Watching the story unfold for the entire first season of WestWorld reminded me a lot of my thought process while tripping.

And though it’s not exactly what you’re looking for... The first time I did shrooms, I was playing online Tetris when my friend pointed out a banner ad on the screen that said “BEST. TRIP. EVER.” We laughed about that for like three solid minutes.

--------------------
As long as there exist two slices of bread, and based on a loose definition of the word "between," the entire universe can technically be considered a sandwich.

Offlinedont trust midgets
your HIGHness
I'm a teapot

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: PoisonousLookalike]
    #25276478 - 06/18/18 12:36 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It has always been there. Probably just never noticed because you hadn't tripped. A great deal of innovations/art can be traced back to psychedelics. You can find poetry about opiates as well just not as much. Probably because opiates have a numbing effect (from my experience) while psychedelics just have more of a wow factor that gets the creative juices flowing.

--------------------
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Edited by dont trust midgets (06/18/18 12:42 PM)

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: dont trust midgets]
    #25276978 - 06/18/18 04:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

Offlineaciddejavu
Stranger

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: grati]
    #25277826 - 06/18/18 11:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

someone has spray painted shrooms on walls and bins all over the city, its everywhere first noticed it whilst walking around on lsd. Thought i was going crazy asked someone else if they could see the drawings whilst i was sober, they said yep.

I think theirs graffiti of 5000 shrooms over the city like a major gang tag or something.

And my favourite on toilets : "Your life is boring" with a drawing of a mushroom.

really makes you wonder whats right in front of you all this time and you have never noticed.

(If you recognise the city shoot me a dm lol)

--------------------
people say im lazy...
...dreaming my life away

...I really don't care anymore
About all the Jim-Jims in this town
And all the politicians making crazy sounds
And everybody putting everybody else down
And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: aciddejavu]
    #25278421 - 06/19/18 08:45 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

aciddejavu said:

I think theirs graffiti of 5000 shrooms over the city like a major gang tag or something.

And my favourite on toilets : "Your life is boring" with a drawing of a mushroom.

Oh yes, they are from the Psychedelic Liberation Front.

You should come to the next meeting. Just take the 2nd manhole in main street and do two rights and a left.

--------------------

Offlineermine
Stranger
Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: Inflaton]
    #25280958 - 06/20/18 12:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yes in fact I came up with a personal saying after noticing this in carpets, curtains, etc:

"The wildest things are hiding in the quaintest places"

:smile:

InvisibleGreenWall
Wanderer
Male

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: ermine]
    #25281412 - 06/20/18 04:30 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I have. It's funny I made a thread recently on a 1P-LSD group trip where I was tripping with a person who's first time it was on any psychedelic, and towards the end of the night to fall asleep we turned on Hunger Games, just to focus on something to escape the thought loops.

Anyways there's a scene where she gets stung by those bees and starts tripping pretty hard. Funny coincidence.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: GreenWall]
    #25281427 - 06/20/18 04:38 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Oriental tapestries, Tribal art, Asian patterning, Indian architecture, Sri Lankan masks, western......

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: novice_psychonaut] * 1
    #25281588 - 06/20/18 06:01 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

novice_psychonaut said:
Yes. Semi-recent example: Watching the story unfold for the entire first season of WestWorld reminded me a lot of my thought process while tripping.

And though it’s not exactly what you’re looking for... The first time I did shrooms, I was playing online Tetris when my friend pointed out a banner ad on the screen that said “BEST. TRIP. EVER.” We laughed about that for like three solid minutes.

Haha. Exactly, one of the most fun things about tripping, for me anyway, is noticing things, actual real things, that seem so obvious and yet you've never noticed before.

As dont trust midgets says, it has always been there... But that doesn't necessarily mean that it has always been right in your face. Maybe these things make themselves more obvious to those who have tripped. :laugh:

--------------------
"Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned" - Leonard Cohen

InvisibleInflaton
Dr. Stranger

#25281852 - 06/20/18 07:59 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PoisonousLookalike said:
Haha. Exactly, one of the most fun things about tripping, for me anyway, is noticing things, actual real things, that seem so obvious and yet you've never noticed before.

Oh yes, and sometimes when you realize the absurdity of obvious stuff its so funny

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPutty
Stranger

#25283228 - 06/21/18 12:16 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ohhhh, yes. Mostly in song lyrics.

And I'm sure Zevon did some psychedelics in his time. RIP to a great lyricist. I still try to follow his dying advice that we should "enjoy every sandwich."  :sunny:

Re: Since you began tripping, do you notice psychedelic imagery/references everywhere? [Re: PsiloPutty]
    #25283310 - 06/21/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloPutty said:
Ohhhh, yes. Mostly in song lyrics.

And I'm sure Zevon did some psychedelics in his time. RIP to a great lyricist. I still try to follow his dying advice that we should "enjoy every sandwich."  :sunny:

It's nice to encounter another Zevon fan. I can't believe how underrated he was, when I first heard "My Shit's Fucked Up" I knew what I had been missing in my life.

He may well have done some psychedelics! An interesting possibility. Transverse City is quite a psychedelic sounding album.

Yes. Also, before you take your second toke of DMT, remember his words:
"You take that holy ride yourselves to know"
:laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract