Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Psilocybe cubensis "GT" and "Malabar" brf cakes, dunked.
    #2484390 - 03/30/04 04:48 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Couple pics of some cakes.

Two HI-RES pics, using a wicked method of file compression so they aren't over 1mb each. Enjoy/comment/discuss whatever.

FYI: These GT's are massive invitro pinners. They were dunked/cold shocked before birthing, but all had loads of pins on them. This would explain why they are pinning before the Malabars. Malabar's were NOT dunked or cold shocked, going to wait until after the first flush.

I STRONGLY recommend a good scraping, dunking and cold shock on all cakes. The scraping REALLY improves mycelium growth, and seems to help with pins as well.

I don't double end case, as it makes too big of a mess. Will update this post in a few days when my camera shows me a canopy of shrooms.

All Cakes (The 6 on the right are GT's, the rest on the left are Malabars).

GT cake with LOTS of pins.

Shot of all 6 GT cakes with pins.

HIGH RESOLUTION TIME!

GT Cake.

GT Cake with LOTS of pins.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Edited by concretefeet (01/23/05 02:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: u4ia] * 1
    #2484399 - 03/30/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

BTW,

That is NOT contamination you are seeing in the GT Cake with lots of pins.

It is from pins that formed/removed but some stubborn patches w eren't able to be EASILY removed before dunking. So it's basically a bruise, and should be healed by the time the first flush commences.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: u4ia]
    #2487286 - 03/31/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

update?

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: jtseaweed]
    #2488108 - 03/31/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I've never had a problem just putting the cakes on the metal lids. Sure they rust a bit, but nothing bad.

I wasn't going to update much more, maybe one more pic of the pins, and a few of them growing, but since it's asked for, here we go.

GETTING FAT! These GT's pin better than any other strain I've used. Can't wait to clone some of the better ones.

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2488135 - 03/31/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Sorry about the quality of that pic, I didn't have my fluoro on.

I got several 4 half-pint flatcakes (well still in bags right now), and highly recommend them.

I used 1 fully colonized half-pint, and 3 uncolonized half-pints. 3-4 days til full colonization in gallon freezer bags. Temps have to be RIGHT on, or they slow greatly.

Couple Malabars, Couple Brazilians, and a KS. I wish I would have made one with these GT's, if they fruit like they pin, it'll be my new favorite strain.

--------------------

Edited by u4ia (03/31/04 07:35 PM)

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2505889 - 04/01/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

12 hours later.

They are growing outward instead of upward because of my setup. I have a opaque lid instead of transparent on the top, so I can only put my fluoro to either side of the terrarium. Going to Homie dePot right now and get some plexi cut up. Probably will be able to be picked (some) by tomorrow morning. I'll try to get a wet weight.

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2518114 - 04/02/04 06:49 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

LOL.

That above cake is just about ready.  This afternoon (say 6-7 hours from now), I'll be picking it.

Pretty sure it'll be my best flush from a cake ever.  I've also gotten 1g of dried invitro pins from it before I scraped/dunked/coldshocked. 

I've never had cakes pin so good as this GT strain I'm working with.  It came from a 2year old SPOREWORKS print. :-D

This cake is definately ABOVE the rest of them, but all the rest have extreme pinning (compared to what I'm used to) and are doing nothing short of surprising me. 

I also got some plexiglas, I cut it, and now my fruits are growing upwards instead of out. :smile:

Pics and weights will be later.  CHECK BACK!

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2519030 - 04/02/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Wow. My best cake ever.

Keep in mind I have already taken about 12 wet grams invitro from this cake.

Total Yield 1 Half-Pint Cake = 111.6 wet grams. Biggest cluster = 62.9 wet grams. Biggest shrooms = 31.6 wet grams.

They completely destroyed the cake as you can see in the picture. They were the most ROOTED of any PF TEK cake shrooms I've seen.

Long live this GT strain. Taking prints now, there are better clusters on some of the other cakes, and I might wait til the 2nd flush to take clones. We'll see. Here are the pics.

Damn, I ran out of freakin' space.

I might be putting more pictures up. Who knows. It's all make believe anyways, I mean really, what kind of idiot would grow magical mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

#2519090 - 04/02/04 01:38 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

nice!
Im suprised that thing didnt fall over.

--------------------

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. *DELETED* [Re: u4ia]
    #2519362 - 04/02/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Post deleted by Letto

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2519381 - 04/02/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

wre all of those cakes birthed at the same time? nice grow by the way

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: peleg]
    #2519411 - 04/02/04 03:30 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

All of the GT cakes (the 6 on the far right, with the most pins/shrooms) were birthed at the same time.

The malabars on the left were birthed about 2-3 days earlier.  I didn't cold shock/scrape/dunk these.  My fault, I should have.

I learned a little from this grow, always let the cake start pinning in the jar before removing.  Helps things tremendously. 

My mushrooms often touch the perlite, but not really HANGING in it.  The cakes were separated by jar lids, but I had made my perlite too wet to begin with, and no time to let it evaporate. 

BTW: I have a box from PF himself from 97.  I've been doing this way too long. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2522536 - 04/03/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

2 More cakes had their first flush today.

Pics will tell the weights. I am getting some VERY nice prints from these, I will have them in a contest shortly.

Couldn't have been happier.

240wet grams or so, from the first flush of 3 cakes.

Stems are like tree trunks, so I doubt they will lose more than 90% (when drying) of their weight.

Pics:

--------------------

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

#2523893 - 04/04/04 05:43 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

that last picture is awesome!. :heartpump: :crazy2: :loveeyes:

--------------------

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
    #2524452 - 04/04/04 01:01 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Noice! Those caps look like saucers... magical saucers...

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: daywalker]
    #2528308 - 04/05/04 03:43 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Dried out a bit more than I thought, weighing in at right 22 dried grams right now, gonna leave them in the dessicant chamber for a few more hours.  So, I'm gonna say, first flush average of 7 dried grams a cake.  These 3 cakes have been coldshocked and dunked again, already starting to pin to hell and back.

Other 2 cakes are gonna get harvested tonight, albeit with hollow stems (anyone know wtf that is from? sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't). 

Pretty sure I can see 10 dried grams a cake, if they go 3 flushes (they should, all my other cakes have). 

Probably gonna throw out the rest of my projects, the neighborhood racoons look pretty funny walking around frying their face off in the middle of the afternoon. :wink:

--------------------

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

#2529013 - 04/05/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

nice

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

Re: Some Hi-Resolution Pics of PF Cakes. [Re: toad857]
    #2532522 - 04/06/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

First flush off two more GT cakes.

Not wet weight on these, they all had hollow stems. Drying out now, will have dry weight by tomorrow sometime.

Final dry weight from first flush of three half pint pf jars with the GT strain. 23.4 grams. Minus the weight of the bag (2.4) = 21. 7grams dry first flush average. Pins are looking huge on the rest of the cakes. 2nd flush pins are forming as well. I'm shooting for 10dry grams a cake, total yield from 3 flushes.

Lazy Mofo BRF Spawn bags, 1:3 colonized/uncolonized ration of Brazilian, got another few malabar, and a KS going.

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2532529 - 04/06/04 05:38 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Also, notice the size of freshly picked boomers in regards to the double a battery in the background.

--------------------

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#2540363 - 04/08/04 05:22 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Another two cakes = dry weight of first flush = 14dry grams.

Still average a 7/gram first flush from all cakes. One left.

Picture is below, the other cake is the first cake that made 111.6 wet grams, it should be ready to bust by Saturday. I'm excited to say the least.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck