Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilopanae
Male

Loc: Idaho Flag
Panaeolus mycelium
    #25282881 - 06/21/18 09:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My panaeolus experiment is going well. My only worry is a dark patch of mycelium. Does this look healthy? Thanks!

--------------------
“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”

-Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSally Hatchet
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Hole in the ground
Re: Panaeolus mycelium [Re: psilopanae]
    #25282888 - 06/21/18 09:25 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

That.. looks a lot like Trich, friend.
You should wait until you have a more experienced opinion, as I have no experience with panaeolus, but that screams trich (to me).

--------------------

Offlinedont trust midgets
your HIGHness
I'm a teapot

#25282896 - 06/21/18 09:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely trich. Pans myc should be white like cubensis. Plus there is giant green spot, dead giveaway.

--------------------
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Offlinepsilopanae
Male

Re: Panaeolus mycelium [Re: dont trust midgets]
    #25282906 - 06/21/18 09:38 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

So is there anything I can do or am I screwed? Before it showed up I was already starting to see pinning, so can I continue along?

--------------------
“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”

-Terence McKenna

Edited by psilopanae (06/21/18 09:47 AM)

Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

#25282970 - 06/21/18 10:03 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You are probably screwed. That green stuff is spores. Even if you get some fruitbodies they will most likely be deformed. Any time I get a triched tub it goes out of the house immediately. Bury it outside (just below the surface) water like a plant and see what happens, but IMO you should get it out of the house.

Offlinepsilopanae
Male

Re: Panaeolus mycelium [Re: scarabaeus]
    #25283054 - 06/21/18 10:37 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. I threw out the tub and I’m starting from square one. Any advice on how to reduce the likelihood of getting trich in the next tub?

--------------------

-Terence McKenna

Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

#25283113 - 06/21/18 11:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm guessing that you used a peat based casing? Usually what happens is that the trich in the peat comes into contact with the nutrient rich substrate and feeds. Eventually it grows through the casing layer and by this time it is too late. Think of it like an ice berg, what you see above the surface is only a small portion of what is going on below. From my experience trich is almost always traced back to the casing used, but properly pasteurizing the peat should kill the trich.

Also, trich likes high co2 levels and stagnant air, so more air exchange is (as always) a good thing. Trich likes a somewhat acid environment and some people say that by covering the infected area if you catch it early with baking soda or another alkaline substance can keep it in check until harvest. I never had success with the method though. Hope this helps and good luck.

Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

Re: Panaeolus mycelium [Re: scarabaeus]
    #25283206 - 06/21/18 12:02 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Oops, forgot to add in my last post that improperly pasteurized substrate will easily trich out. Whether you case or not.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate