Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink]
    #25254503 - 06/07/18 03:39 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not seeing any seed pods so far unfortunately, and I didn't post it but I had another cutting flower indoors that I also tried to pollinate.
The thing is I really can't locate the stigma in my Sceletium flowers, there's lots of stamens and visible pollen but nowhere for it to go.

I just tried to rub some pollen around and down at the bottom of the flower, but now I'm wondering if maybe Sceletium is dioecious and my plant is just a male :confused:

I haven't tried to prepare a delosperma snuff yet but it is indeed on my todo list, just waiting for my plants to get slightly bigger and I will do it and document the procedure and the bioassay results.

They sure can take freezing, the D. cooperii plant I got was originally my mother's and it used to spend its winters outside, drenched in rain and snow and everything.

--------------------
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25280572 - 06/20/18 09:28 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My Delosperma bosseranum is also flowering! In all the years I'm growing these, this is the first time I actually saw the flowers.. One of those flowers is a survivor too, I believe it's been going close to a week now..

Would be very interested to read about your endeavors in making a snuff with this plant, MG! I seem to remember the roots are the most potent? They grow some kind of tuber.

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink]
    #25280884 - 06/20/18 11:55 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What a lovely little flower they have.
Maybe thats why one never see the flowers but seedpods are appearing.
Mine is too small for flowers or seeds i think.
The snuff making is intresting.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Mateo]
    #25281119 - 06/20/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Gorgeous, you'll see it's gonna basically flower every other day if you manage to catch it, usually around noon. The flowers on mine never seem to last more than one day, but it pushes new flowers super often.

I'll try to make a small amount of snuff next week, just enough for 2 or 3 lines so I don't rape my plants too much. I have not repotted any yet to see the tuber, but I've seen pictures it looks awesome. I guess it takes a long time to develop the carrot though.

Will document the process.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25281154 - 06/20/18 02:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This is what I posted about the subject a couple of years ago. My current D. bosseranum plants fell over one day during a storm. They lost a bit of soil due to this, so their tuber was poking through the soil at that time. But they could also be grown sort of bonsai style. They look like a small succulent tree that way. Never had mine grow that way though..

Quote:

Poison Drink said:
There's another interesting thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post. One of my older D. bosseranum jars died during the colder months, but as I was cleaning out the jar, I noticed the roots had formed a kind of tubers. I seem to recall the roots could be fermented before usage to get rid of the oxalic acid. D. bosseranum is reported to be quite active, but I sadly have no experience with it. The roots were already too dried out to be used.

Plants like these look amazing:

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

#25281198 - 06/20/18 02:39 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hell yeah I like it, caudex style! I might dig up some soil on one of mine.
Roots are said to be the most potent part on sceletium too, but stems and leaves work very well too from experience. I need to repot my D. cooperii and make it thrive again, a DMT & 5-MeO + mesembrine snuff should be fun haha :smile:

--------------------
Trade List

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25281237 - 06/20/18 02:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder how they go about growing it like that. I have always kept mine in a small pot, yet still they never grew a caudex.

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25281285 - 06/20/18 03:27 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

How cool, a caudex :smile:

Maybe there is a way of promoting this feature.
I have another plant that have a bulb like that but bigger, no ethno plant though.
I like the looks of it.

--------------------

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25281813 - 06/20/18 07:38 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe those plants are not D. bosseranum, but D. napiforme?

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25283255 - 06/21/18 12:32 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, it looks like it´s the case.
Seeds seem avaliable online.
I wonder if it has same properties as D.Bosseranum?

--------------------

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25283472 - 06/21/18 02:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

No mention of D. napiforme in Trout's notes either. The notes do contain a picture of a D. bosseranum with a caudex. Who knows, there might be a lot of misidentification going on. They look very much alike.

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink] * 1
    #25283503 - 06/21/18 02:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

They are very much alike, but both are Delospermas so that might not be so strange.
Wonder if alkaloids are same too.

My seedlings are going slow but i should have repotted long ago.
I have done it now though.

D.bosseranum and Kanna

--------------------

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25284793 - 06/22/18 08:35 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What kind of light do they receive, Mateo? They look very healthy! I should also repot and separate my D. bosseranum seedlings.

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

#25285398 - 06/22/18 03:04 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I just keep the D.bosseranum and Kanna seedling pots inside the kitchen window.
It has morning sun and sun until middle of day.
Maybe can they grow better if in a better location.
But they seem fine now.
Before i had them in the sowing pot, overcrowded.
So they stopped growing or grew very slow.
But now they are taking off.

--------------------

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

#25294325 - 06/27/18 06:48 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I have also repotted my succulent seedlings! The S. tortuosum was already getting rootbound, due to being with two or three siblings in the same little pot. Mine are kept in a more sunny spot, but they're definitely not bigger than yours. So keep on doing what you're doing.

The D. bosseranum seedlings however had a tiny little root, which made it easy to separate, but hard to repot. No Idea why they didn't have a strong root system yet. They were cramped together in a little pot, but plenty of soil mixture wasn't grown through yet. They look healthy though, but they do not like a lot of direct sunlight in their young age it seems. I'm growing most of them indoors now since the outdoor ones are still super small and red from the sun. Hard grown Delosperma bosseranum. Maybe they'll get a growth spurt in the autumn..

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

#25295208 - 06/27/18 03:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I never got the fascination with delosperma when I looked it up it was either an ornamental or something like datura but I think that was henbane which is another I dont really get.

When I get kanna again which I really want some cuttings right now... This looks like a good companion here :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacopa_monnieri

--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: merch137]
    #25295230 - 06/27/18 03:35 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I've grown Bacopa monnieri and it's a very cool plant but I wouldn't use it as a companion plant for kanna, it loves water way too much. Mine actually dried up within a couple weeks of neglecting to water it. Kanna can take some serious drought on the other hand.

Bacopa can be aquatic, it can be grown fully submerged under water. Many people use it as an aquarium plant.

Delospermas are definitely not just ornamental, they have the same alkaloids as kanna, and some species produce DMT & 5-MeO. Trout has some great notes on the genus

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

#25295352 - 06/27/18 04:17 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

By companion I don't mean in the same pot.

This is one plant that is in kanna+bliss.

P.Torch, Kanna, and Bacopi might be the three succulents I choose to grow. I like growing succulents but theres not too many interesting ones, if delosperma is euphoric I might grow some of it. Reading the bottom of your post if it has many of the same alkaloids I might get some cuttings, Sceletium.Nova or Novo also looks interesting but looks more expirimental which is how I viewed delosperma I think.

Kind of want to keep the indoors tents of succulents down in species for now to expand those species when i get light for the areas.

I grew kanna ten years ago I think they liked a lot of water too. I used a really airy soil though. Aquatic and hydroponic plants are big plusses for me in collection. Got some watercress but havent made plans for it yet.

--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink] * 1
    #25321802 - 07/12/18 07:19 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say my Sceletium tortuosum has grown quite well in two weeks time. I keep them out of the strong afternoon sun. My older Delosperma bosseranum plants are still flowering profusely. I think two thirds of the plant is made up of seed pods.

Quote:

Poison Drink said:

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Re: Delosperma bosseranum - Sceletium tortuosum - Ephedra sinica [Re: Poison Drink] * 2
    #25331451 - 07/17/18 11:53 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

My Delosperma Bosseranum plants are flowering

It was not so long since i sowed these, they shure flower fast.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds