Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25279886 - 06/19/18 09:44 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

You can loosely compare anything. I bet every prison system has the same disturbing tactics and similarities. You're just trying to use buzz words for emotional appeal, and its not working, it just makes you sound hysterical

I can't tell what you're arguing now. Prison/aka slave camps ARE pretty comparable, yes. I'd rather be in a (non Nazi Germany) concentration camp than prison but uh... I'm not really sure what you're getting at now. I'd rather be in a war zone than either, that's not because I want to be in a war zone though but bc both are

Im trying to say that these are not really 'concentration camps', the term is a buzz word primary used to discredit them and further the trump hitler analogies. Of course technically they are 'concentration camps' like you can say about any prison or detention center, but in this case its disingenuous and primarily used to attack the trump administration

What would you prefer we call them then, prisons, detention centers, internment camps? Concentration camp is the most accurate term of the four, you have to call them something. The first two imply a crime was committed, the last is just another name for a concentration camp yet loosely is defined as a concentration camp during a time of war. If Trump doesn't want to be compared to Nazi Germany then he should probably not enact facist policies and support self indentifying nazis and white nationalism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: krypto2000] * 2
    #25279899 - 06/19/18 09:53 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You people need to quit comparing this shit to Nazi concentration camps.  All people have to do to point out that your opinion is totally uninformed is point out the fact that the kids aren't being gassed immediately upon arrival.  It's hyperbolic and just makes it easier for people to undermine whatever salient points you might have.  It might not make a big huge difference when you're bitching back and forth on a magic mushroom forum, but out in the real world you're just going to be adding insult to the further injury that you're causing by means of hyperbole.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: krypto2000]
    #25279921 - 06/19/18 10:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

You can loosely compare anything. I bet every prison system has the same disturbing tactics and similarities. You're just trying to use buzz words for emotional appeal, and its not working, it just makes you sound hysterical

I can't tell what you're arguing now. Prison/aka slave camps ARE pretty comparable, yes. I'd rather be in a (non Nazi Germany) concentration camp than prison but uh... I'm not really sure what you're getting at now. I'd rather be in a war zone than either, that's not because I want to be in a war zone though but bc both are

Im trying to say that these are not really 'concentration camps', the term is a buzz word primary used to discredit them and further the trump hitler analogies. Of course technically they are 'concentration camps' like you can say about any prison or detention center, but in this case its disingenuous and primarily used to attack the trump administration

What would you prefer we call them then, prisons, detention centers, internment camps? Concentration camp is the most accurate term of the four, you have to call them something. The first two imply a crime was committed, the last is just another name for a concentration camp yet loosely is defined as a concentration camp during a time of war. If Trump doesn't want to be compared to Nazi Germany then he should probably not enact facist policies and support self indentifying nazis and white nationalism.

Yea, detention centers would fit perfectly. Why not start out with detention centers? is it not sensational enough?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: chibiabos]
    #25279926 - 06/19/18 10:10 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
You people need to quit comparing this shit to Nazi concentration camps. 

Who is "you people" exactly?

Quote:

All people have to do to point out that your opinion is totally uninformed is point out the fact that the kids aren't being gassed immediately upon arrival.

Umm, you realize people weren't immediately gassed in nazi camps too right? It started as "we need to concentrate these people" then it escalated too "deporting them all is too hard lets just execute them" and we already have nationalists calling for that...

Some of you need to read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Can%27t_Happen_Here

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Edited by musiclover420 (06/19/18 10:12 PM)

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: musiclover420]
    #25279927 - 06/19/18 10:11 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

koods said:
Hey let’s all argue about the word we use to describe whats going on and ignore what’s going on.

Here's the page you can search for any local protests on the 30th: https://act.moveon.org/event/families-belong-together/

DC will be the main area not surprisingly but they no doubt will happen in many other cities.

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Omg, there's a protest?! No way, they must be serious this time. Oh wait, isn't there a different protest every fucking week?

Yeah lets just ignore it instead or defend it like you seem to be trying to :thumbdown:

Protests have actually made a difference through out history believe it or not, and if you aren't going to protest against inhumane treatment of children what are you going to protest against?...

Yea, they can be, and are. But when theres a protest every fucking week and half are about trump. It takes away the merits of protesting

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: musiclover420]
    #25279933 - 06/19/18 10:16 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Umm, you realize people weren't immediately gassed in nazi camps too right? It started as "we need to concentrate these people" then it escalated too "deporting them all is too hard lets just execute them" and we already have nationalists calling for that...

Even ignoring the fact that children were killed immediately upon arrival, that is not at all how the Holocaust progressed.  :facepalm:

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Who is "you people" exactly?

:whatever:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25279938 - 06/19/18 10:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

A detention center seems worse to me bc it implies a crime was committed. Concentration camps lock up people for their race or similar factors.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25279940 - 06/19/18 10:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

There’s a protest about trump every week? Where? In Canada? Certainly not here in the US.

There was the protests about the refugee and Muslim country ban. Those worked by the way.

What else?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: krypto2000]
    #25279942 - 06/19/18 10:21 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
A detention center seems worse to me bc it implies a crime was committed. Concentration camps lock up people for their race or similar factors.

A crime was committed.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25279943 - 06/19/18 10:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:

They are internment camps/centers

Quote:

Internment is the imprisonment or confinement of people, commonly in large groups, without trial.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: koods]
    #25279944 - 06/19/18 10:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
There’s a protest about trump every week? Where? In Canada? Certainly not here in the US.

There was the protests about the refugee and Muslim country ban. Those worked by the way.

What else?

They worked? How so? Is the states now accepting Muslim refugees?

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25279948 - 06/19/18 10:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:

A crime was committed.

No it wasn't.  They approached the US-Mexican border from the Mexican side in order to put themselves in the custody of US authorities.  That's not illegal immigration.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: koods]
    #25279950 - 06/19/18 10:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

You could just easily say that it would have been struck down anyway because it was unconstitutional.  Screaming into an echo chamber has never accomplished much.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25279955 - 06/19/18 10:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:

A crime was committed.

Not according to US law. If they were charged with a crime it is a constitutional requirement that they can give a statement of guilt or non-guilt to a court, where a judge has the sole discretion to determine whether the person can be held before trial. These people have not been charged with a crime because then they get those rights.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: chibiabos] * 1
    #25279961 - 06/19/18 10:34 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
Quote:

koods said:

You could just easily say that it would have been struck down anyway because it was unconstitutional.  Screaming into an echo chamber has never accomplished much.

Wasn’t an echo chamber. There were protests in every airport. It motivated lawyers to take clients. It embarrassed the administration and exposed their complete lack of planning.

Maybe you don’t remember but they changed the implementation of the policy within a day of the protests beginning, before any court decision.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: koods] * 2
    #25279963 - 06/19/18 10:37 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I just realized this may come down to as a difference between those who can empathize with immigrants/view them as a part of themselves and those who view them as "others."

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25280021 - 06/19/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Wasn’t an echo chamber. There were protests in every airport. It motivated lawyers to take clients.

Yes.  That is what motivated lawyers to render billable services.  And if there's anything that Donald Trump and his supporters give a crap about, it's what his detractors think about anything that he does.  That should be pretty obvious from the walls of textual shitfighting that you call discussion.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: US border patrol separating immigrant kids from parents and locking them in "cages" [Re: chibiabos]
    #25280050 - 06/19/18 11:40 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

they aren’t the target audience

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#25280053 - 06/19/18 11:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Q.E.D.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #25280139 - 06/20/18 01:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

It's called a cell.

Do the crime, pay the time.

Any other American who goes to jail risks putting their children in jeopardy.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract