Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefresh.skittles
Interloper
Male

Loc: Georgia, US Flag
Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25254269 - 06/07/18 01:53 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Everything is relative. Someone's world view will filter their experience to fit their perceptions. I expect a high enough dose could shatter your ego and restructure how you process and conceive things but until you reach that point psychedelics can be just a recreational surface drug, not necessarily a tool like some use it.

I had atheist tendencies in my very religious youth and weed kinda brought that out and I was depressed and really unhealthily obsessed with existentialism and nihilism and mushrooms and LSD in particular really helped me clear up alot of that constant looming fear of knowing one day I'd have to experience death and possibly a terrible one and it had always left me very unsettled thinking about it.

Years of psychedelic experiences has really eliminated a lot of the worries I had about life. It's taught me a lot. On acid I've really learned to savor being present here. It's let me push down a lot of unhealthy emotions and helps me see areas I've been inattentive to.

I think psychs can help open your perceptions to things outside your normal processing but I don't think they like imprint any one perspective onto their users.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: fresh.skittles]
    #25256870 - 06/08/18 08:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think that Mushrooms can and do increase the perceptions founded on love.. via the direct experience of loving energy.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: fresh.skittles]
    #25260595 - 06/10/18 11:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I rather agree with you across the board, but it's the restructuring of the personality that has to be done with great care. Otherwise one gets The Family of Charlie Manson, restructuring their dissolved egoic-minds in the image of a psychopath! "Solve et Coagula!" I was not undergoing ego-death so much as struggling to find some frame of reference for very existence when an upper classman girl in a college dorm room saw my distress and handed me a copy of BE HERE NOW for the very first time. That book changed my life and gave me purpose for the first time in my life. I rarely take them each year, but I still do use psychedelics, as I have since 1971.

I still have Death Anxiety in my daily non-psychedelicized condition, but it is not debilitating or chronic, just disturbing (like every time I receive some junk mail reminding me to pre-arrange my cremation or burial). I have not undergone a disruptive mid-life crisis, buying a high-end muscle car to pick up Miami strippers 1/3 my age, or whatever. So my DA is under much more self-control than those panicky 40 or 50-something year old men who clamor for their last hurrah, lose their wives to divorce and lose the respect of their children.

I have a loving wife, our home is a temple, my back yard an ashram, but I'll see just how gracefully my descent in old age will be. I'm not surrounded by acolytes like Ram Dass is in Hawaii, I'm surrounded by much mundanity, some dear-but-square family folk, and all too much Miami materiality. But I can and will trip alone and in peace if that will guide me to an increasingly anxiolytic end.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineFrenchNuck
Stranger

Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: countrCULT]
    #25277780 - 06/18/18 10:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I would say it promotes the sense of oneness with the universe, feeling like everything is connected. So maybe open the mind to connect more easily with others. Also it always feels like something is wrong in the way we live our lives, like get Swim thinking about lots of things that could be run in a different way. But I think it changes a lot more your inner world than your outer world.

OfflinePanCog
Stranger

Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: FrenchNuck] * 1
    #25296225 - 06/28/18 02:37 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I think drugs promote the culture they are wrapped up in when presented to the user. For many people on this forum I would guess that culture originated in 60's counterculture garb. So a preference for liberal, new age, communist, eastern mystical, humanistic and/or eco-friendly attitudes will be common. I do not think this is an inherent aspect of the drug but of the "advertising" that came with it. Indigenous cultures have had their own stories with psychedelic substances but I never found evidence of a flower child/hippie in their histories.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: PanCog]
    #25296411 - 06/28/18 06:33 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

me too - prob true

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25300390 - 06/30/18 08:30 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Amongst normal people, it typically makes them more hippified.
Amongst hippie people, it typically makes them into plastic shamans.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Do psychedelics promote a common/specific type of worldview among its users? [Re: BayerPhi]
    #25301006 - 06/30/18 02:35 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

It doesnt work universally and I think the biggest thing is openness to suggestion and the general circles that do psychedelics. This coupled with the fact "hippies" were seeking social acceptance and the counter culture that developed around psychedelic use is seen as somewhat "traditional" or even a minor right of passage.

I have changed a lot over time through personal experience and have often reflected the immediate ones as my style. So when i discovered psychedelics I became more "hippy" like as it became a part of my personality. That has changed a lot as those days are at least 5 years behind me.

I still do psychedelics but have a hard time fully believing they change people or have a common view. I think when you go through your "experimentation phase" and are highly suggestible while developing new social circles related to your new found enjoyment of psychedelics you are likely to share the "traditional views" while they are relevant to your immediate life.

I wouldnt be surprised if eventually a new set of life experiences changed your view again but you held onto the love of psychedelics... thats where i am now.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom