Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescarletfire
Female User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
No colonization WBS- first timer
    #25276763 - 06/18/18 02:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hi friends. After spending years with BRF cakes with much success and reading up on bulk teks, I finally tried to colonize some WBS. I am super bummed because after close to 10 days I got...nothing. I followed several basic teks closely and did 6 quart jars- two of them I tried inoculating with a liquid culture (I wasn't sure if that worked either which is why I only did two) and for the other 4 I used two different spore syringes, about 2 CCs or less per jar.

For the lids I did tyvek and polyfill. I spent forever researching and trying to find the best method for a newb. I PCed the jars for 90 minutes at about 20 PSI. They've been in the dark in temps of mid-70s (I don't have an incubator but it's summer so it's been warm). 2 of the jars have something going on but I have no idea what (probably contams?) and the others all look like the first pic- WBS in a jar. At this point I am considering just going back to cakes, but I leave town in three weeks and that's not enough time for start-finish with cakes. I loved the idea of the low-maintenance mono tub (and huge flushes :-) So... should I add more spores to the jars or would that be a waste? Try to get the temperature up? Shake them up more often? Give up? Thanks for your help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: No colonization WBS- first timer [Re: scarletfire]
    #25277025 - 06/18/18 04:54 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

How do the grains look. Moisture content is critical. Too wet and it slows things down to dry and they just won't germinate spores. I had so. E jars that were too dry and not hi g happened

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinescarletfire
Female User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
Re: No colonization WBS- first timer [Re: veda_sticks]
    #25277059 - 06/18/18 05:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I can't really tell if I got the moisture content right - I followed a tek where I soaked it overnight, rinsed well, tried to pull out all the sunflower seeds, simmered, rinsed well until no water was dripping out and then packed the jars. They looked a bit wet to me I suppose.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures