Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” * 4
    #25273428 - 06/16/18 11:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country”
Quote:

The report is a terrible indictment of our country and of the Trump Administration. Joseph Stiglitz, a Nobel prize winning economist told The Guardian “This administration inherited a bad situation with inequality in the U.S. and is now fanning the flames and worsening the situation. What is so disturbing is that Trump, rather than taking measures to ameliorate the problem, is taking measures to aggravate it.” The U.S. has one in four of the world’s billionaires. But we also have 40 million citizens who live in poverty. Five million live in the absolute deprivation we usually associate with the developing world. Four in ten Americans are so broke that they could not cover an emergency expense of $400 without selling something or borrowing.

The symptoms of the devastating inequality here include Americans now living shorter and sicker lives than citizens of other rich democracies. Life expectancy is down two years in a row. Tropical diseases are on the rise. Our incarceration rate remains the highest in the world (yes, we are exceptional!).

The Trump Administration is making inequality worse. First with the tax cut that rewarded the wealthiest individuals and companies. Then, Trump and the Republicans are stripping healthcare benefits, food stamps and cutting housing subsidies for the poorest Americans.

Something for the MAGA-heads here to think about.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25273948 - 06/17/18 08:12 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

There are so many places in the US that are shithole second world standards of living.

The cutting of social services hasn't even really started, but it will.

Tent City USA!!

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: qman] * 2
    #25274583 - 06/17/18 01:30 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This isn't just Trump though, as much as I disliked him, this is standard at this point. The bush tax cuts went to the wealthy, Obama have more tax cuts to the poor, sure, but then gave all the bail out to the wealthy effectively erasing any gains from that, and now these even bigger tax cuts from Trump. These people all should face public execution ghadafi style including the major players who recieved them.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000] * 1
    #25274644 - 06/17/18 02:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

We got inertia, though. Even if we switch to King Trump and get rid of term limits, voters over 50 likely wouldn't live long enough to get to the third world.

I wonder what a young MAGA is gonna say in their asylum application abroad, though. Especially with their support of Trump's immigration/asylum policies.

But we'll probably switch back to a democrat in 2024, and it's gonna be a super hard left democrat, likely.

I think a surprisingly likely future is going to be extreme candidate takes congress and WH, two years of advancement of extreme ideas, followed by losing congress and six years of literally nothing, followed by another 2 years of extreme development in the other direction, etc. The question is, how much time will those extremes spend on undoing previous work, versus how much will actually be useful.

We really need to get rid of this "winner takes all" voting system. If a majority was required, and multiple parties had to build coalitions until they got that majority, then we'd have a lot less "voting against the other guy".

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #25274677 - 06/17/18 02:40 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country”
Quote:

The report is a terrible indictment of our country and of the Trump Administration. Joseph Stiglitz, a Nobel prize winning economist told The Guardian “This administration inherited a bad situation with inequality in the U.S. and is now fanning the flames and worsening the situation. What is so disturbing is that Trump, rather than taking measures to ameliorate the problem, is taking measures to aggravate it.” The U.S. has one in four of the world’s billionaires. But we also have 40 million citizens who live in poverty. Five million live in the absolute deprivation we usually associate with the developing world. Four in ten Americans are so broke that they could not cover an emergency expense of $400 without selling something or borrowing.

The symptoms of the devastating inequality here include Americans now living shorter and sicker lives than citizens of other rich democracies. Life expectancy is down two years in a row. Tropical diseases are on the rise. Our incarceration rate remains the highest in the world (yes, we are exceptional!).

The Trump Administration is making inequality worse. First with the tax cut that rewarded the wealthiest individuals and companies. Then, Trump and the Republicans are stripping healthcare benefits, food stamps and cutting housing subsidies for the poorest Americans.

Something for the MAGA-heads here to think about.

True. Trump is making income inequality worse.

Just like every President before him.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Kryptos]
    #25274729 - 06/17/18 03:24 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
We got inertia, though. Even if we switch to King Trump and get rid of term limits, voters over 50 likely wouldn't live long enough to get to the third world.

I wonder what a young MAGA is gonna say in their asylum application abroad, though. Especially with their support of Trump's immigration/asylum policies.

But we'll probably switch back to a democrat in 2024, and it's gonna be a super hard left democrat, likely.

I think a surprisingly likely future is going to be extreme candidate takes congress and WH, two years of advancement of extreme ideas, followed by losing congress and six years of literally nothing, followed by another 2 years of extreme development in the other direction, etc. The question is, how much time will those extremes spend on undoing previous work, versus how much will actually be useful.

We really need to get rid of this "winner takes all" voting system. If a majority was required, and multiple parties had to build coalitions until they got that majority, then we'd have a lot less "voting against the other guy".

What makes you think we'll have a hard left Democrats, do those even exist anymore? Look back over the past 50 years and the Democrats, and Republicans, just keep shifting to the right. A "far left" Democrats today would be a centrist/center right Republicans not that long ago.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000]
    #25274978 - 06/17/18 05:24 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

What makes you think we'll have a hard left Democrats, do those even exist anymore? Look back over the past 50 years and the Democrats, and Republicans, just keep shifting to the right. A "far left" Democrats today would be a centrist/center right Republicans not that long ago.

We'll have a hard left democrats due solely to the shifting of the overton window. A moderate will be "far left" in the eyes of one of the great tribes of US politics. The fact that their policies are relatively conservative worldwide doesn't matter.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #25275061 - 06/17/18 06:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Snowflake extreme on both side UN: No! You’re a shithole. Right media: This is an attack on our values as a country. Don’t play with fire if not willing to be burnt and also the UN are babies too

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #25275085 - 06/17/18 06:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

We'll have a hard left democrats due solely to the shifting of the overton window. A moderate will be "far left" in the eyes of one of the great tribes of US politics. The fact that their policies are relatively conservative worldwide doesn't matter.

How does it not matter? It sure matters to the population that it will affect. The right complained vehemently about Obama while half the left was praising him simply for being not as bad as Bush or bc he was black and the other half complained that he was effectively just a more tame version there of. I want a real progressive candidate, one that will help us move forward, not move backwards a little slower than their predecessor. I think the majority of the population no longer even realizes what a progressive actually is.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000] * 1
    #25275252 - 06/17/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

No, they don't. That's the problem. You gotta teach them again. Baby steps. The other option is to have a party collapse. That would mean ceding power for easily a decade or more. If more parties start forming, then we could have something that more accurately reflects the will of the people quickly, but otherwise it's gonna have to be a long, slow, trek back to the left side.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25275275 - 06/17/18 08:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, but how do you teach them that? I'm honestly not sure it's possible at this point without hitting some sort of rock bottom, a total economic collapse, a civil war, or gross and mass attacks on broad civil rights and at that point I'm not sure the populace would even have enough power left for it to make a difference. The US would be gone and we might have a truly progressive leader but he'd be leading a true third world shit hole.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #25275279 - 06/17/18 08:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Misleading title.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000] * 3
    #25275311 - 06/17/18 08:34 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Man, if I knew, I'd have a very well paid job at the DNC. However, I think an examination of the ACA is in order. Right now, it has majority support. Support is rising every year. That's why republicans want to get rid of it right now. It works for most people, and most people are starting to like it. None of their scary death panels are popping up, nothing is really happening, except a lot more people are insured and happy about it. They don;t have to worry about something. Broad social policies that benefit everyone are always like that. I think a good way to gauge the benefits of a social policy might actually be to gauge how extreme the republican reactions against it is, sometimes.

I think it's no accident that most state legislatures have been republican for some time as politics shifts further right. Sure, there are some blue states still doing pretty good (Cali is still the biggest economy, and it's rich enough to actually *have* inequality, unlike, say, Alabama when "rich" is a $50k shack), but the majority of the country is not. As a result, there is a general feeling of discontentment. This also makes people more stubborn, as they cling to old traditions in the hopes of reviving old glory. As well as the obvious, nobody wants to be told what to do. This works well for republicans, because they can manufacture problems while appearing to be curing them. Democrats need to figure out a similar system, or at least a way to disrupt that system. So far, new technology has been the way to go. Like how JFK won the debates on the new TVs, but lost on the radio. Clinton had his catchphrases and saxophone playing-cool. Obama had his social media campaign. Of course, this technology is soon (successfully) co-opted by conservative interests, as Reagan the actor used his mastery of the TV, Bush rattled off pre-written catchphrases faster than people could pick them apart from his Texas drawl, and Trump was, as any 4channer will tell you, was shitposted all the way to the white house.

So we need a new technology. Something that corporate interests are wary of as a thing, and which has a wild west freedom to it. I guess the internet doesn't really fit anymore.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #25275357 - 06/17/18 09:01 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

That's a great post. I actually had a thought just like that the other day but I can't think of what it was. It was literally something along the lines of "a new wild west technology that would cause political disruption/somewhat level the playing field" as I recall. Actually, unfortunately, I think I was just reminiscing over what the internet used to be, to some extent still is, but nothing like before. At this point it's pretty much all captured and controlled.

You're totally right though, I think that is the only real optimistic way out of this however I still question if it's ultimately just a delay of the inevitable. New technology benefits all of us, it allows new opportunities and people to rise who otherwise wouldn't but it always gets captured and controlled by those at the top who start with an advantage.

To go to the rock bottom analogy again I'd question if the problem is that we're trying to quit a detrimental habit and instead of doing so we just discover a new replacement. It's like an alcoholic discovering cocaine and then heroin. The problem is ultimately that they're trying to mask something that bothers them psychologically, not that the drug isn't effective in doing so. No matter what technology we have it's not going to remove the psychopaths from the population who will inevtiably exploit us or the gullible/cultist folks who enable them to do so.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000] * 3
    #25275376 - 06/17/18 09:14 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Everything dies, all we can do is prolong the inevitable. Just like old people deal with cancer, our society deals with its own cancers, until it ultimately cannot. Then a new society is formed. Eventually, people start to figure out and exploit loopholes, and the cancer starts spreading again.

I think the second amendment is a good example. In the original writing, it made sense as a form of preventing tyranny. You had a musket, the government had muskets. There was a balance of power. The second amendment did not account for the government having predator drones. The balance of power has shifted so much that the second amendment is no longer useful for it's intended purpose, so we don't see the positive benefits, only the negatives of easy access to guns.

Similarly, we cannot predict what will happen 200 years down the line. All we can do is plan given the variables currently available in our time. Just like how runaway predatory capitalism worked great for the boomers, it doesn't work great for genX or millenials. This is due to modern loopholes, not some malicious original plan. The failure to adapt just exacerbates the problem, as people dig in their heels and bury their heads in the sand, hoping to go back to the simpler times when there were less variables to account for.

After all, the with the benefit of hindsight, you could be the best version of yourself. That's why time travel ala Back to the Future captures the imagination so much. The ability to go back and fix your past mistakes with the benefits of both modern knowledge and a lack of modern confounding and complicated variables.

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
    #25275435 - 06/17/18 09:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Trump was shitposted all the way to the white house.

:thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: qman] * 1
    #25276510 - 06/18/18 12:54 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
There are so many places in the US that are shithole second world standards of living.

Tent City USA!!

Not sure how you can sarcastically cheer on the demise of the domestic economy when the policies that got us here are ones you regularly champion.

Or maybe you're just genuinely giddy about poor Americans getting fucked over.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25276537 - 06/18/18 01:11 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:

Tent City USA!!

Not sure how you can sarcastically cheer on the demise of the domestic economy when the policies that got us here are ones you regularly champion.

Or maybe you're just genuinely giddy about poor Americans getting fucked over.

I regularly champion globalization and uncontrolled immigration?  No, that would be the "liberals" around here doing that stuff.

I have clearly stated I was against the Trump tax cuts and I have always pointed out the massive wealth inequality that is taking place.

I can assure you I'm not giddy about poor Americans suffering from what's taking place, I'm just pointing out the inevitable- social services are going to get cut at some point due to the coming debt crisis.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25276619 - 06/18/18 01:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Youre implying immigrants are to blame for the concerted 60 year effort of union busting, deregulation, and tax cuts.

Just like how you think the 2014 migrant crisis is to blame for the economic woes of Eastern Europe.

You literally cant see politics outside of the scope of immigrants.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25276715 - 06/18/18 02:37 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Youre implying immigrants are to blame for the concerted 60 year effort of union busting, deregulation, and tax cuts.

Just like how you think the 2014 migrant crisis is to blame for the economic woes of Eastern Europe.

Immigration limits real wage growth for US citizens, that fact contributes to the economic woes of the working classes.

Also, the EU migration crisis is also contributing to the economic woes for all of Europe, that's also a fact.

This isn't an all or nothing issue, as we know there's many other contributing factors for the lower standards of living in the developed world.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25276751 - 06/18/18 02:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah much more glaring and actual, real problems that you insist upon ignoring to free up more time for spamming "millions of hordes of third world savages" everywhere.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: The Ecstatic] * 2
    #25276765 - 06/18/18 02:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

1. Rail against immigrants as the source of the world's problems.
2. When confronted, concede that "of course there are other, bigger problems"
3. ???
4. Go back to railing against immigrants as the source of the world's problems.

5. (Bonus) crocodile tears for implying your obsession with immigration is in any way based on racial prejudice.

How many times do we have to play this dumb game? I'm tired of it.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25276860 - 06/18/18 03:48 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Yeah much more glaring and actual, real problems that you insist upon ignoring to free up more time for spamming "millions of hordes of third world savages" everywhere.

"insist upon ignoring"

Not at all, in fact I'm sure we are in agreement on many of those issues.

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
3. ???

5. (Bonus) crocodile tears for implying your obsession with immigration is in any way based on racial prejudice.

1. Immigration is an issue that's getting a lot of attention in the US and EU, that's because it is a problem. Did you forget the Trump and Brexit elections? 

2. Yes, I have acknowledged that there are also other issues that are causing the deterioration in the standard of living for the working classes.

5. Immigration is an social-economic issue, race has nothing to do with it. Obviously, economics plays the largest role. If real wages weren't such a problem the past 30 years, immigration wouldn't be such a hot topic.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25276873 - 06/18/18 03:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

For those not keeping track, we're currently on #2.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25276887 - 06/18/18 03:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Trump is trying to eliminate our massive trade deficit with China, where's the support?  Both Republicans and Democrats are trying to stop him, where's the outrage?

We need economic tariffs, even Bernie recommended to end our stupid trade agreements.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: qman] * 3
    #25276901 - 06/18/18 04:00 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What does our trade deficit with China have to do with immigration?

Yes, our trade deals are garbage and were made by and for capitalist elites to further enrich themselves and their corporations.

Trade deals, hiding money offshore, tax cuts for the rich, astronomical healthcare spending, corporate bribery, deregulation, these are all things that affect the average American far far more than illegal immigration does.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25276931 - 06/18/18 04:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
What does our trade deficit with China have to do with immigration?

Yes, our trade deals are garbage and were made by and for capitalist elites to further enrich themselves and their corporations.

Trade deals, hiding money offshore, tax cuts for the rich, astronomical healthcare spending, corporate bribery, deregulation, these are all things that affect the average American far far more than illegal immigration does.

Globalization is another issue that hurts the working classes, it has nothing to do with immigration. You asked for another issue, so I mentioned trade agreements.

"these are all things that affect the average American far far more than illegal immigration does"

Flowing cheap labor into the workforce affects all Americans,  it's OK to admit it.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25276935 - 06/18/18 04:12 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe it does maybe it doesnt. The studies have mixed conclusions.

But those other things I listed are well established facts.

And as I've said before, what you hate about globalization only happens because of the separation and exploitation of labor by using borders.

You get rid of borders, create a universal set of laws, and theres no more cheap labor to run to. Theres no more low tax low regulation country in SE Asia to run to. No tax haven in the Carribbean to run to.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: qman]
    #25276989 - 06/18/18 04:38 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Immigration limits real wage growth for US citizens, that fact contributes to the economic woes of the working classes.

Also, the EU migration crisis is also contributing to the economic woes for all of Europe, that's also a fact.

This isn't an all or nothing issue, as we know there's many other contributing factors for the lower standards of living in the developed world.

This is the time when government can come in and do their fuckin jobs and pass some legislation that will help all people. “You can’t legislate your way to prosperity” wrong, the nitwits in Washington can’t/won’t, or are just too fucking stupid to get it done.

Pass wage laws that are fair TO THE WORKER

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Citizen X]
    #25277004 - 06/18/18 04:45 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

This is the time when government can come in and do their fuckin jobs and pass some legislation that will help all people. “You can’t legislate your way to prosperity” wrong, the nitwits in Washington can’t/won’t, or are just too fucking stupid to get it done.

Pass wage laws that are fair TO THE WORKER

I have no opposition to making some major changes to help the US worker. :thumbup:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25277008 - 06/18/18 04:47 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Lets end right to work laws.
Lets adopt single payer.
Lets enact a $15 min wage.
Lets fund public transportation.
Lets defund the police state.

I've never seen you advocate a single one of these positions, when all of them would without a doubt help the US worker.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25277011 - 06/18/18 04:48 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Maybe it does maybe it doesnt. The studies have mixed conclusions.

But those other things I listed are well established facts.

And as I've said before, what you hate about globalization only happens because of the separation and exploitation of labor by using borders.

You get rid of borders, create a universal set of laws, and theres no more cheap labor to run to. Theres no more low tax low regulation country in SE Asia to run to. No tax haven in the Carribbean to run to.

Yeah, then the US becomes just another low wage country, what do you think happens when you mix developed and third world economies?  You dilute the higher standard of living in the developed world, I don't want that outcome.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #25277069 - 06/18/18 05:11 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Lets adopt single payer.

I've never seen you advocate a single one of these positions, when all of them would without a doubt help the US worker.

Yea but they wouldn't help every US worker. That's important to remember.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Edited by LRG (06/18/18 05:12 PM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25277078 - 06/18/18 05:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, there you go, admitting that the first world enjoys its luxuries due to the miseries of the third world.

This is what nationalism is all about. My country has all the resources, I dont care how we got them but we have them, and the rest of you can all die before I share.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25277136 - 06/18/18 05:36 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Yes, there you go, admitting that the first world enjoys its luxuries due to the miseries of the third world.

This is what nationalism is all about. My country has all the resources, I dont care how we got them but we have them, and the rest of you can all die before I share.

That's what it boils down to, it's selfishness and greed. People complain when others do it to them, the corporations for instance, but when they benefit from others doing it to someone else they just shrug it off. I don't see how you can morally be against one yet not the other.

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #25277173 - 06/18/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

No, no. Just you.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25277305 - 06/18/18 06:49 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
3. ???

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Lets adopt single payer.

:thatsaten: :thatsaten:  :thatsaten:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25277341 - 06/18/18 07:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Lets adopt single payer.

"end right to work laws"

I'm pro union in most cases.

"single payer"

Wow, you never read that I have always supported universal health care in the US?  I supported Hillary back in the day when she introduced her plan to Congress.

"$15 minimum wage"

I have always stated I'm NOT against a higher minimum wage, I just don't think it's the quick fix many other people do.

"fund public transportation"

Again, I have been a huge advocate for massive infrastructure spending in the US. That includes completely upgrading our roads, trains, airports and many other items.

"police state"

I have serious issues with the fashion in which our police conduct themselves in this country. Thankfully, people are now filming the cops and are trying to keep them in check. I could get behind the NFL players IF they didn't make it just about minorities, EVERYONE can be a potential victim of police abuse.

Maybe you should read my posts a little more clearly or you just forget what you read. :shrug:

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25277366 - 06/18/18 07:10 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Nice strawman, I never made the claim the first world standard of living comes at the expense of the third world, but nice try.

It's a competitive world and everybody is trying to survive or thrive. Nobody is stopping you from donating all of your resources to more disadvantaged people, go for it. :popcorn:

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: krypto2000]
    #25277374 - 06/18/18 07:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

That's what it boils down to, it's selfishness and greed. People complain when others do it to them, the corporations for instance, but when they benefit from others doing it to someone else they just shrug it off. I don't see how you can morally be against one yet not the other.

Nobody is stopping you from sharing most of your resources with the less fortunate. How's that been working out?

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25277719 - 06/18/18 10:01 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Lets adopt single payer.

"end right to work laws"

I'm pro union in most cases.

"single payer"

Wow, you never read that I have always supported universal health care in the US?  I supported Hillary back in the day when she introduced her plan to Congress.

"$15 minimum wage"

I have always stated I'm NOT against a higher minimum wage, I just don't think it's the quick fix many other people do.

"fund public transportation"

Again, I have been a huge advocate for massive infrastructure spending in the US. That includes completely upgrading our roads, trains, airports and many other items.

"police state"

I have serious issues with the fashion in which our police conduct themselves in this country. Thankfully, people are now filming the cops and are trying to keep them in check. I could get behind the NFL players IF they didn't make it just about minorities, EVERYONE can be a potential victim of police abuse.

Maybe you should read my posts a little more clearly or you just forget what you read. :shrug:

Man, you must love these policies too much to disrespect them by voting for them, eh?

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #25278280 - 06/19/18 07:17 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Qman loves all those policies and is actually pretty moderate!

Regardless, he will continue to spend his time here slandering immigrants and defending fascism. Wonder why.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25278359 - 06/19/18 08:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Qman loves all those policies and is actually pretty moderate!

Regardless, he will continue to spend his time here slandering immigrants and defending fascism. Wonder why.

I don't slander immigrants, I want to see our existing immigration laws enforced and I point out the economic ramifications that come with illegal immigration.

"defending fascism"

Absolutely not, just because I'm not some radical left-winder it doesn't mean I'm "defending fascism". :facepalm:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25278409 - 06/19/18 08:36 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah totally, because when you refer to refugees as "hordes of unskilled third world migrants" the goal isnt to dehumanize them.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25279917 - 06/19/18 10:05 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/393028-house-gop-2019-budget-calls-for-deep-medicare-medicaid-spending-cuts

Basically $8 trillion of social services spending cuts in the next 10 years.

The debt is getting out of control and here comes the fiscal austerity.

Tent City USA, here we come.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25279954 - 06/19/18 10:30 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm... Maybe if we didn't give 12 trillion tax cuts to the rich over the next 10 years that wouldn't be a problem. But sure, it's probably the illegal immigrants do low wage labor.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25280359 - 06/20/18 06:38 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Austerity has literally never worked.

But hey, lets starve our most vulnerable Americans, wouldnt want to upset currency traders.

--------------------

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
    #25280367 - 06/20/18 06:45 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

its only going to get worse.  Just wait till the collapse of the dollar, the whole world is going to fall into an all consuming shithole abyss.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25280442 - 06/20/18 08:06 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Austerity has literally never worked.

But hey, lets starve our most vulnerable Americans, wouldnt want to upset currency traders.

It will work for their perspective, the debt must retain its value and the only way to do this is to destroy real demand in the general economy.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25280503 - 06/20/18 08:42 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

More like theyd rather kill poor folk than be slightly less rich.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25280562 - 06/20/18 09:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Well yes, that's what it's now going to come down to, when the elite feel they're being pushed into a corner they push back with even more force.

The debt is scaring them and for the first time since the depression, Americans are going to see what happens when the elite truly fear losing their wealth and power.

I can assure you when these cuts take place, people like yourself will be worrying much more about yourselves and your survival while the immigrants will become a distant memory.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25280838 - 06/20/18 11:40 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Why would the elite lose their wealth and power?

A collapse within the American system doesn't mean worldwide, immediate, anarchy. Hell, the 2008 collapse didn't even hit the EU for two years. Plus, if you're talking about "survival" here, I guess you mean a bigger collapse. Good thing the EU has responded to Trump by insulating itself from America's bullshit.

The wealthy elites will just move. They have the means to do so and the places to go.

That was one of my thoughts when I first heard of the concept behind the Purge series. "Welp, looks like someone has scheduled my vacation for me!" Think I'm going to be one of those poor losers that can only afford to board up windows and hope for the best?

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25280852 - 06/20/18 11:45 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Well yes, that's what it's now going to come down to, when the elite feel they're being pushed into a corner they push back with even more force.

The debt is scaring them and for the first time since the depression, Americans are going to see what happens when the elite truly fear losing their wealth and power.

I can assure you when these cuts take place, people like yourself will be worrying much more about yourselves and your survival while the immigrants will become a distant memory.

Thats what is already is. Its what its always been.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281100 - 06/20/18 01:39 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Why would the elite lose their wealth and power?

A collapse within the American system doesn't mean worldwide, immediate, anarchy. Hell, the 2008 collapse didn't even hit the EU for two years. Plus, if you're talking about "survival" here, I guess you mean a bigger collapse. Good thing the EU has responded to Trump by insulating itself from America's bullshit.

The wealthy elites will just move. They have the means to do so and the places to go.

That was one of my thoughts when I first heard of the concept behind the Purge series. "Welp, looks like someone has scheduled my vacation for me!" Think I'm going to be one of those poor losers that can only afford to board up windows and hope for the best?

"Why would the elite lose their wealth and power?"

They would lose some of it when the value of the debt goes down, you do realize they own most of the different forms of debt?  The goal is to preserve the value of the debt and keep people debt slaves.

The debt issue isn't isolated to just the US, it's the same issue in most other parts of the world. The EU is already doing fiscal austerity, the US is next.

It's going to be a fun place when food stamps, welfare, medicare, medicaid and other social services are basically gone.  The EU doesn't have the big military expense so they're lucky enough to at least maintain social services for now, but that won't last either.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281103 - 06/20/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Not true, it was easy to overload the credit card for many decades, that free pass is coming to an end.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25281118 - 06/20/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The wealthy elite generally prosper during economic downturns, they intentionally caused the great depression. They come in and buy everything up for cheap and people will take any job for next to nothing.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25281550 - 06/20/18 05:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Not true, it was easy to overload the credit card for many decades, that free pass is coming to an end.

People have been saying that since Reagan.

And whats happened since? The rich got richer, the poor got poorer, and the debt problem only got worse.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281593 - 06/20/18 06:03 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

People have been saying that since Reagan.

And whats happened since? The rich got richer, the poor got poorer, and the debt problem only got worse.

I agree people have been saying it since Reagan and yes the debt problem is even worse.

Today we have several different issues to contend with that we didn't have before, due to the high levels of debt, interest rates MUST remain extremely low by historical standards.

The only way to keep interest rates low is to have low levels of economic growth and low inflation. Obama did it perfect and now Trump is doing the same thing. But now it comes at an even greater cost as the debt gets even larger.

Somebody has to pay that cost and it's going to be US public that needs and receives government social services. It's not going to be popular because we're not used to hearing "no", but it's coming regardless.

The elite have no respect for the US population at this point, they sent millions of jobs out of the US and nothing happens, they allow tens of millions of illegal and legal immigrants to flood into their labor market and nothing happens, they crash all of the financial institutions and make the taxpayers bail them out, and nothing happens.

This time they gave themselves the largest corporate tax cut in US history and now have going to put the social services on the chopping block and see what happens. They're not afraid.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25281621 - 06/20/18 06:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Literally nobody actually cares about deficits.

Its just a fearmongering tool to suppress the will of the working class, and you slurp it up masterfully.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281634 - 06/20/18 06:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Literally nobody actually cares about deficits.

Its just a fearmongering tool to suppress the will of the working class, and you slurp it up masterfully.

I don't care who cares about it, but if anyone understands even basic math and the level of debt that exists at the municipal, state, federal, corporate and individual level, they would have concerns.

I don't expect most people to understand it because they don't do the research and they don't understand fiscal and monetary policy.

I can assure you, I know a lot more than any "fearmongering" idiot when it comes to economics and financial markets.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25281868 - 06/20/18 08:03 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I highly doubt that.

But thats okay, everyone likes to think theyre smart.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281938 - 06/20/18 08:30 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
I highly doubt that.

But thats okay, everyone likes to think theyre smart.

Hey, instead of suggesting I'm some sort of victim of "fearmongering", just show that I'm wrong. Wouldn't that just be the easier way? 

All you have done is made a bunch of meaningless generalizations and then suggest I'm a victim of financial propaganda. You're going to have to do better.

If you know something that I missing, please point it out. I'm always looking to learn.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25281953 - 06/20/18 08:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Also, who's spewing the fear and about what exactly? 

And how am I slurping it up? 

I really don't buy into MSM financial propaganda, Fal is the one that believes every word coming out of the government and the Federal Reserve in regards to the economy, not me. :lol:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25282059 - 06/20/18 09:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Are you familiar with the Bullshit Asymmetry Principle?

It states that the amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is always an order of magnitude higher than to produce it.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25282221 - 06/20/18 10:40 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I really don't buy into MSM financial propaganda, Fal is the one that believes every word coming out of the government and the Federal Reserve in regards to the economy, not me. :lol:

Oh really?  Have I not been the one telling people not to believe anything from the Government without evidence?

Yes, I do believe a great many things the Government tells us, such as U6 unemployment, as that comes from a massive Current Population Survey (CPS) which has been around since the 1940s without being debunked, not from a small handful of establishment politicians.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25282589 - 06/21/18 06:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The only things we can believe from the government are crime stats that appear to justify my racism.

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

#25282610 - 06/21/18 06:44 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I know a lot more than any "fearmongering" idiot when it comes to economics and financial markets.

Lol, no you don't.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: waves]
    #25282767 - 06/21/18 08:11 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

waves said:
Quote:

qman said:
I know a lot more than any "fearmongering" idiot when it comes to economics and financial markets.

Lol, no you don't.

Please educate me, I'm open to learning new things in regards to economics and financial markets.

Something tells me that's not likely to happen, but I'll be waiting. :popcorn:

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25282771 - 06/21/18 08:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

It states that the amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is always an order of magnitude higher than to produce it.

Just what I thought, not enough energy.  :shake:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25282821 - 06/21/18 08:38 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah exactly.

Everytime someone asks you a question you do your best to deflect or change the subject, but have no difficulty demanding answers from everyone else.

Thats why you use the popcorn gif. Because you dont actually give a fuck about waves' explanation, you just enjoy people wasting their time and giving you attention. Ive never once seen you acknowledge a counterargument and change your position. So why should anyone bother?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25282901 - 06/21/18 09:34 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Yeah exactly.

Everytime someone asks you a question you do your best to deflect or change the subject, but have no difficulty demanding answers from everyone else.

Thats why you use the popcorn gif. Because you dont actually give a fuck about waves' explanation, you just enjoy people wasting their time and giving you attention. Ive never once seen you acknowledge a counterargument and change your position. So why should anyone bother?

"waves' explanation"

Which was what exactly? 

You suggested that debt and interest rates don't matter and people like myself that pay attention to those items and express concern are victims of "fearmongering".  I'm asking to prove me wrong. I don't want to be a victim of financial propaganda if that happens to be the case.

All I have been seeing is massive generalizations and insults.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25282948 - 06/21/18 09:56 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know what waves' explanation is because he decided not to bother making one.

Smart on his part.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25283307 - 06/21/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
I dont know what waves' explanation is because he decided not to bother making one.

Smart on his part.

So you and waves have no explanation, nuff said.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25283312 - 06/21/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25602099 - 11/09/18 12:08 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

And poverty in the US continues to get worse...

The Evidence Pours In: Poverty Getting Much Worse in America
Quote:

A White House report recently proclaimed that the "War on Poverty is largely over and a success." United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley said it was "ridiculous for the United Nations to examine poverty in America."

Well-positioned Americans must talk like this, of course, because admitting the debilitating state of poverty in America might provoke feelings of guilt for 35 years of oppressive economic policies.

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25602255 - 11/09/18 04:18 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The middle class gets almost half of U.S. safety-net payments

Middle class is disappearing too; victim of ever-growing wealth inequality.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: UN Report Says US is a “Shithole Country” [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #25602313 - 11/09/18 05:26 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Capitalism will fix it.... :facepalm:

--------------------

Rate me here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains