Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Laminar Flow Hood, Magic Flight Launch Box, Rye Grain, Vaporizer, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Matrix
Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: N2confusion]
    #25279162 - 06/19/18 06:12 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

leaving the foil on prohibits GE. The dry verm layer is your protection against contams entering the colonizing part. If you build an SAB and use better technique then you will reduce contam rate by a bunch. Rather than go all out like the guy above start small. I have few contams and I don't have any of that stuff he just said I just made my SAB last week too. I used to do everything out in the open with maybe one jar every inoculation being contaminated. I did all my inoculations in a bedroom just closed the door sprayed Lysol and waited about 5 mins then went back in then inoculated. In no way am I saying that you shouldn't do what N2confusion but it seems like a lot. I did the PF tek 5 plus years ago and just decided to get back into it. Back then I didn't have a room like i do now i didn't take half as many precautions and I still only had one or two cakes contam out of 12

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: Opticz]
    #25279165 - 06/19/18 06:14 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Well nvm Bod just said that. Sorry didn't see you posted that!

--------------------

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #25279302 - 06/19/18 07:19 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Listen to Bod . He's a pro. Ignore the HVAC master .

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

:acidcat:

OfflineN2confusion
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep down in South Missis...
Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25280435 - 06/20/18 10:03 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I was watching some of rodger rabbit's videos and ot had to do with brf cakes. It showed to leave foil of the jars. I did not leave the foil on the jar tight. It was loose and slightly sitting like a 1/4 inch above the jar lid. I am new to this so i am not claiming to be an expert. But since installing the UV light and cleaned my ducts my contamination rate has dropped.  I had set up grow tent a few months ago and everything contaminated.  I am just explaining what i did to improve my own grows. As the matter of my being a HVAC technician I know what it takes to build a clean room. I have built laboratory clean rooms so i do know what i am talking about. The uv light will kill mold and fungi spores and the fungicide was to sterilize the ducts. The ozone generator is cheap on Amazon get it for $70 run it for 3 hours and your house will smell like fresh laundry. The fungicide is $50 use 1 ounce to a gallon of water. It will last you years. You can get a UV light for $100 it will sterilize everything else that passed through your ac system. These are thing that you can do yourself.  Except the coil cleaning.  I am just trying to help. These things will improve your indoor air quality. I live in the deep South and we have a lot of pollen and fungi spores floating around. I am trying to improve my chance of have some nice grows. So far it has worked in my favor. if you live in Arizona your factors might be different. I have read Bod's write up.  I also happen to admit that i am new to this.

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25280443 - 06/20/18 10:07 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I live in the south too. Lots of stuff growing around me and never have that much trouble. I just don't think the average person is going to spend the time or money with all that stuff when it's not necessary to grow. Especially for beginners, but that's just my 2¢.:cool:

--------------------

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

#25280450 - 06/20/18 10:10 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

An SAB is like $10 and it will solve most of your problema. Great for a beginner cheap and easy to make. Alot of people here use them. Hell I think even some of the TC use them too, not trying to bash your set up or anything it sounds awesome it just seems a little intimidating to me and I love DIY stuff

--------------------

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #25280451 - 06/20/18 10:10 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I like your dog opticz :smile: reminds me of my childhood dog .

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

:acidcat:

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25280453 - 06/20/18 10:11 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PennyLane88 said:
I like your dog opticz :smile: reminds me of my childhood dog .

Thanks!

--------------------

OfflineN2confusion
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep down in South Missis...
    #25280545 - 06/20/18 11:13 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

It's cool. I did the SAB also. I just built a laminar flow hood 2 months ago.  My grows are finally working out. I was constantly getting contamination on my substrate.  Trichoderma was always showing up.  There was some mold growth. I had set some agar plates in open air to get some samples.  Most of everything i was speaking about you can look on YouTube to see how it is done. The ozone generator is cheap.  Ozone kills everything fugi mold dogs cats and house plants. I am just getting started myself.  So i guess that this is my own 2 cents. Man i am just trying to help.  I went from doing BRF cake to mini mono tubs. I had trouble with with the mono tubs. I had trouble set them up.  So i was reading about Bod's unmodified tubs. So far they are doing good. I have 6 mini tubs of panaeolus cyanescens going. I had my first fruit pop up last night. This weekend i got 15 jars of golden teacher spawn ready to go to tubs. I also have 2 6 pound bags of rye berries with tampanesis going. I was just trying to help out. If you ever think about it look up inside of your ac coil. It will be coated with mold. All i was attempting to explain was some easy things to do for yourself to improve your breathing air and also cut down on contamination. Look up on YouTube about coil cleaning.  Man i had one job it looked like mushrooms growing on the coil. It was fucking nasty. That was just last week. The guy had lived in the house for 13 years now and never did any maintenance.  I showed up to fix a blockage on the condensation drain line. His floors were flooded.  I stuck my head under there and it was just plain nasty. Wish i had a picture of it. I pull and clean my own coil every year. But until i started getting into mycology i did not have a UV light installed.  I am just letting you know that your ac unit is a breeding ground for mold. These are just some DIY things that you can do pretty cheap. I am not a attempting to argue with  anyone. This is just my experience. I can talk you through the installation of a UV light. The fungicide is ran through a cheap vicks vaporizer for 2 hours.  You can clean your coil with some mean green and a nylon brush. Not as good as a proper  cleaning  but it will work. The fungicide will work at killing anything else that you dont want.
Ok peace

OfflineMagicTruffleDude
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25281133 - 06/20/18 03:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks again to everyone giving me advice.  Im going to try to get good at this over time.  Ill probably be posting on here more in the future because its kind of hard getting started.

I woke up today and one of my 3 week old cakes seems to have some white in it!!  This is pretty exciting.  When i get home ill take a picture of it to see what yall think.  Hopefully its doing what its supposed to!  Good stuff

Edited by MagicTruffleDude (06/20/18 10:15 PM)

OfflineOpticz
Male User Gallery

Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: MagicTruffleDude]
    #25281204 - 06/20/18 04:40 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Right on man let us see it when you can! It's always exciting seeing new growth!

--------------------

OfflineMagicTruffleDude
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25281532 - 06/20/18 07:36 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like its maybe starting in this jar.  It took a long time to start.

Offlinehungamunga4u
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: MagicTruffleDude]
    #25281858 - 06/20/18 10:00 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MagicTruffleDude said:
Thanks again to everyone giving me advice.  Im going to try to get good at this over time.  Ill probably be posting on here more in the future because its kind of hard getting started.

Today

It does take time.  Searching and reading past threads here has helped me a lot.  I've been doing this about 9 months and its quite a learning process.  I'm just now starting to realize how important every tiny detail in each tek is to the process.  Don't assume you know better.  Do some reading, be patient and follow each tek from trusted cultivators to the letter and you'll be just fine.  Then its all just developing your eye for surface condition.  Good luck bud!

OfflineMagicTruffleDude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Has my pf tek gone bad? [Re: hungamunga4u]
    #25320528 - 07/11/18 02:28 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hungamunga4u said:
Quote:

MagicTruffleDude said:

Today

It does take time.  Searching and reading past threads here has helped me a lot.  I've been doing this about 9 months and its quite a learning process.  I'm just now starting to realize how important every tiny detail in each tek is to the process.  Don't assume you know better.  Do some reading, be patient and follow each tek from trusted cultivators to the letter and you'll be just fine.  Then its all just developing your eye for surface condition.  Good luck bud!

You're right about every detail mattering.  Especially when it comes to sterile stuff.  I got 40 jars in the making now and its going good.  Ive learned a lot from this forum!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Laminar Flow Hood, Magic Flight Launch Box, Rye Grain, Vaporizer, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started