Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

Different way of spawning
    #25266654 - 06/13/18 10:27 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Theres new priority mail triangular tubes.

I'm thinking about taking colonized spawn and mixing it with woodchips/sawdust/etc inside of this cardboard and letting the myc take over the cardboard and everything inside like a log and then fruiting it like a log, I might try this with chicken of the woods to hold its myc together as well as I hear its myc falls apart with cakes.

What can also work to a smaller level and will probably be tested first is the cardboard of a toilet paper/paper towel roll. Or boxes torn apart and turned into tubes. May be more efficient if it only does one mushroom per log/bag mostly anyways.

Thoughts/improvements? Its a concept of making small artificial logs to fruit from.

Cardboard does become flimsy/saturated but I cannot bend wood into tubes atm or want to or hollow out logs. This is for indoors fruiting. Outdoors Im just going to put it in stumps.

--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Edited by merch137 (06/13/18 11:02 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedonrjuan
Myco Acolyte

Loc: 5,545' Closer to Space Flag
Re: Different way of spawning [Re: merch137]
    #25266815 - 06/13/18 11:57 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Cardboard and paper is nasty after production and will need some kind of pasteurization before you can spawn to it successful. I have grown extensively on phone books and layered cardboard and you have to be sure to get it properly colonized or any open spaces can become breading grounds for contams.

--------------------
"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" - John Wooden

Avatar produced by Tmethyl. Love it!

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

Re: Different way of spawning [Re: donrjuan]
    #25267458 - 06/14/18 11:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Well do you have any ideas on replacing the cardboard the original idea was a wooden tube I seen people bend wood on youtube a long time ago and it took some kind of proccess, plus if the wood isnt super thin it would take a while longer than cardboard to colonize on id imagine.

The concept is to just replicate a log in anyway possible, holds together chicken of the woods myc but can be used for others if fragile or if the fruiting is more efficient this way. With efficiency you kind of want speed.

Maybe some kind of tube mold to compact sawdust into if we can get it to stick together and hold form.

Recognizing colonization i think would be problematic if you dont do smaller ones.

--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Edited by merch137 (06/14/18 11:48 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms