Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Currently hypomanic *DELETED*
    #2526555 - 04/05/04 04:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
Re: Currently hypomanic [Re: poke smot!]
    #2528719 - 04/05/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I can relate to you mate, a very interesting read. I can think of an incident today, my friend came over and i was feeling 'okay' but then he said something meaningless and jokey i took it the wrong way and started to slide down that rocky hill of feeling shit and down.

This is what i hate most about depression, the sudden turn from having a great day/few days feeling everything is getting better, only to end up at the bottom of an ever steepening hill that seems to be turning into a mountain.

about the job thing to, i can't hold down jobs for long, being the quiet withdrawn type always being lost in my thoughts doesnt exactly make u feel welcomed within a company, i just want to be Mr Joe Average with a Job to get by and not a care in the world, but its not to be at this point in time.

Quote:

Is this just another test, an attempt to make me stronger in the longer run? Or am I just leading myself on to more mysery in a psychological masochistic desire to not get better? That's depression speaking.

I think this to, like am i really trying enough to get better or am i sub-conciously making my self worse or not trying hard enough with a lack of wanting to get better.

Do you find that you dwell on the same things all the time? The same stupid things that most people would let slip by and not take a second thought about.

Well if that don't make any sense then thats my mind wandering while i type and losing track of wha im going on about. All i can say is, i know how you feel. :frown:

Offlinefatfunguy

Loc: Pennsylvania, US
    #2529158 - 04/05/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, my gf is a depressive with heavy mood swings. I am almost completely opposite, which is not always as good as it sounds. Try admitting how great you think your life is to someone who is seeking therapy and see how tough it can be. We have however learned to complement each other in many ways. Her pessimism counterbalances my optimism and makes us both stronger.

I would really encourage everyone to steer away from chemical solutions to emotional imbalances. Besides changing a brain chemistry we don't understand, they can replace negative experiences we need to grow as individual. Without these much needed "valleys" we can't define define the peaks or the plains. Our body is a marvelous undiscovered organism that may be guiding us along the right path even if at times the travel seems difficult.

OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
Re: Currently hypomanic [Re: MorbidHamster]
    #2529384 - 04/05/04 10:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yes i'm not taking medication for this reason, i'm trying to learn from what i've been/going through and trying to better myself that way, i'm making progress, i'm not as bad as i was say 6months to a year ago (thank god those days are over) and i can definately say i'm slowly getting better, i ~WILL~ get their in the end as will everybody else suffering from this illness.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2530592 - 04/06/04 06:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

sorry to hear you've had no luck with any meds

I'm mildly hypomanic, and im on lithobid with 100% success...swing and a miss for some, and a home run for others, you know how it is.
anyways, keep on truckin, you'll find your thing eventually, drug or activity, or whatever to keep you balanced :smile:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
    #2657553 - 05/09/04 06:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i relate to you man, i was reading your post and i swear that i could have wrote that, i think i have the same "disorder" as you , i havent went to anyone to find out because it feels like i'll get looked down upon as some guy with a disorder , i dont know.

i'll be talking to someone and totally forget what i'm saying mid-sentance and have to ask what i was talking about, thats when i'm in a good mood but when i've hit rock bottom and have suicidal thoughts or thoughts just wishing it would go away i dont ever feel like speaking at all.

It realy does get annoying, one day i can be so hyper and talkitive,and feel like i'm on top of the world and nothin can drag me down and just one little thing can totally change the course of the day, i have so many feelings inside me evryday always changing and its realy frightening sometimes. does anyone know wot could be up? i'm not looking for sympathy i just want to know whats up without goin to get help.thanx

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Currently hypomanic *DELETED* [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #2665767 - 05/11/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2675559 - 05/13/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Poke Smot, just sending some friendly, happy vibes your way!  :tripping: :regularshroom: :jester: :hook: :hypno: :flowerchild:  :heart: 

Hope you're doing okay

truly,

*me*

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being