Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblefearfect
GAAHHH!!! /BANG
    #2526443 - 04/05/04 03:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

<rant>
i drove 180mi home from college this weekend only to get a ticket 2 miles from home for running a redlight on a noname street in the pouring rain (i couldn't stop)

i was sad and told a friend about it and he told me that his stepdad could be able to take care of the ticket as he knows people :wink: I was excited and told him the info on the ticket: time/officer etc. city: "DP" cause without thinking i thought i was in "DP"

he told me he could only take care of "PSDA" city tickets, and i was really SAD :frown::( its a 205$ ticket for running a light, and im a poor college student with 160$ total in the bank! im going to have to ebay some of my things to pay for it... well anyway im sitting here 2 days later and look at the ticket and at the top it says "PSDA municipal court"!!! WTF, am I a complete retard! I pray to god its not too late for him to help me out :undecided: but I can't get ahold of him as its 2:30am!  gahhhhhhhhhh i hate the cops in my town.  Theres SOO many of them!

</rant>

thanks for listening to my angsty story :frown: :mad2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: GAAHHH!!! /BANG [Re: fearfect]
    #2526462 - 04/05/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you.  I was hit by a driver running a stop sign on a no name street that was a farm road in the middle of nowhere. Me truck slid into a canal before rolling over twice.  I was ejected from the vehicle but wasn't hurt aside from a cut over my eye and a dead front tooth.  I was in high school and didn't have a car for my junior and senior year. 

Ever since then I drive more cautious than anyone I know, including adults.  I have avoided many accidents in the city by looking out for other drivers.

I realize that it was raining and it was hard to stop but accidents CAN happen.  I am sorry that you got a ticket but it can never hurt to drive more cautiously.  I am not judging you in any way because I am responsible for my share of mistakes.

I plead with anyone that reads this to realize that driving a car is serious business.  Speeding isn't worth it when you look at the consequences.  I could have died that night if I would have been hit 5/100ths of a second earlier or if my truck had rolled over another quarter turn.  When you drive a car you have a responsibility to be safe; if not for you than for the other drivers on the road.

BE SAFE!
:heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Invisiblefearfect
Re: GAAHHH!!! /BANG [Re: Dankman]
    #2526472 - 04/05/04 03:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the "running red light part" involved my car being halfway through and halfway in the intersection when the one second yellow light changed :frown:

sorry to hear your story :frown:
my friend was just in an accident where he was ejected from his car before it was smashed and totalled into a fence... it was one rare case where wearing his seatbelt would have killed him... he was magically ejected through his sunroof and survived with minor injuries.  The weird part is that one of the guys following him had decided not to ride in the passenger seat with him but instead the other car... Its a miracle no one was killed that night.  He is a much safer driver now.. even scared to drive most of the time.

my mustang really needs new tires :frown:

Edited by fearfect (04/05/04 03:43 AM)

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: GAAHHH!!! /BANG [Re: fearfect]
    #2526515 - 04/05/04 03:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah - I usually run a yellow if it is raining instead of slamming on my brakes.
It seems safer than coming to a stop in the middle of an intersection.

I really hope you didn't take my post personally.  I just wanted to get the point across that driving a car entails RESPONSIBILITY and I don't like to see people get hurt for no reason.  I almost had my life stripped away from a careless driver and I wouldn't like to hear the same from anyone else if I could help it.

:heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub