Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreatPaper
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25057963 - 03/12/18 09:27 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

I fully agree with you, this is an amazing flow chart. For the first time I met her at my job in the GreatPaper. And after accidentally got on this forum, and saw this amazing flow chart! It's just amazing! I think you will agree with me that there would have been this scheme a little earlier, many people would have simplified their life, and the work has become a joy, is not it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnowak
Male

Loc: Mil W.I
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GreatPaper] * 1
    #25081525 - 03/22/18 04:36 AM (6 years, 8 days ago)

This is Awesome thanks for this

Offlinesimpsonsrule
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Snowak] * 1
    #25133752 - 04/12/18 05:32 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

This is helpful. Thanks!

OfflineDeusExMachina222
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: simpsonsrule] * 1
    #25158731 - 04/22/18 08:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

So am I correct in interpreting the flowchart as saying that one should ideally not inoculate grain with a spore syringe? (legal culinary of course) Even if the bag (say rye) is sterilized in a spawn bag and all precautions are observed?

THANKS FOR THIS!!

PS, apologies if I am overlooking an answer in the search feature... My lysdexia could've kicked in and I missed it altogether)

OfflineXxSkittlez420xX
Female

Loc: All Around New England, U...
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: DeusExMachina222] * 1
    #25210062 - 05/17/18 11:14 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

what is "casing" mean or what is a "casing layer"?

OfflineLuko
 User Gallery

Loc: Ship Wrecked
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: XxSkittlez420xX] * 1
    #25216862 - 05/20/18 03:57 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

:mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineTapioka
Noob
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Luko] * 1
    #25258939 - 06/10/18 05:34 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

thanks very much for putting this info together in a much easier to read format. So much better than when i first came across this site a few years ago.

--------------------
Aussie Noob.

Experienced Cannabis grower with an interest in mycology.
Mainly interested in microdosing

OfflineDeusExMachina222
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: XxSkittlez420xX] * 1
    #25261922 - 06/11/18 04:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The long/short of it... A casing layer is what you might put ontop of a colonizing substrate to act as a sort of "insulation" to help keep the colonizing stuff moist...

OfflineKomorebi
Apprentice
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: DeusExMachina222] * 1
    #25269370 - 06/15/18 06:19 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

New user here trying to access content but cant because of forum rules. I have not been on the system long enough or made any post, so this is my first. Thanks to all for the library of information.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Komorebi] * 1
    #25269389 - 06/15/18 06:32 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What content can you not access?

OfflineMagiMatt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25271106 - 06/15/18 10:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, so I'm completely new to shroom hunting, however I have been around friends who've showed me what they look like (and I've seen how they act while on it)

I'm from Melbourne, Victoria (Australia) and went out shroom hunting this morning, I picked out what looks like the best from the bunch I got and discarded the rest shitty looking ones (was a bit anxious)

heres the pic and if it doesn't work (because I'm a newbie) I also have the photo on my profile and made it my avatar, I was wondering if it looks like good shrooms that won't harm me bahaha it looks like I have psilocybe subaeruginosa, but I'm seriously not sure because shrooms are pretty different in Victoria, could anyone help identify what I have here?

I'm not sure where to post this either, so I came to this website thinking it was the best :smile:)
Are these safe?
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (06/15/18 05:05 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MagiMatt] * 1
    #25273080 - 06/16/18 07:48 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Read the rule sticky. Post in the identification forum. There is more than one species of mushroom in that collection. Absolutely unsafe to eat unless 100% positive identification on every single individual mushroom.

Picking random mushrooms with no research into what you're doing is the best way to come back empty handed.

Offlineazureskies
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25294207 - 06/27/18 04:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Bod.

I am genuinely curious about what drives you to do what you do. I've been lurking here for years and generally don't post as a precaution. Paranoia keeps me safe and all that. When i see people such as yourself who give so freely to the community and do a lot of work (and it is work) to help people be successful with mycology and cultivation, I do wonder what your motivation is. It seems to me like a tremendous risk to post pics of grows and share techniques for doing this hobby. And I don't know that I could have the altruistic attitude all the trusted cultivators and regulars here have, given the risks intrinsic to this hobby.

What keeps you active on shroomery after all these years? And how do you stay/ feel safe with all the content you provide for us less altruistic hobbyists?

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: azureskies] * 1
    #25294420 - 06/27/18 08:19 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I've got motivation from life. I don't believe in monetization of knowledge. Once you realize that everything is innately connected the desire to profit off money or accolades seizes to exist. I do it out of the shear desire that everything should progress and work towards excellence and perfection. Even working in the brewing industry I am more than happy to share my secrets for free in the hopes that beer worldwide increases in quality. I want to be better and want to find better things wherever I go. I don't want to keep others in the dark so that I can shine more brightly. I want everyone to shine.

So I share in the hopes that others will grow and prosper.

As for safety, there's tens of thousands or members none have ever been targeted for their posts. In fact the only trouble that anyone's ever gotten themselves into is trading personal information with people they thought were like minded. For instance one guy posted pictures of people's residences off of google images. As long as you don't associate with shady characters you'll be absolutely fine. Even the admins here can only see my IP address and browser's user agent. Even with the info they can pull on me they can't find out who I am without contacting my ISP. So yea, we're all pretty damn safe here.

OfflinePulseSail0r
Male

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25295099 - 06/27/18 02:21 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------
A Hero need not speak, when he is gone, the World will speak for him.

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25295727 - 06/27/18 07:23 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Great question, I wondered too what motivates you Bodhisatta.

I haven’t been in here too long but didn’t take long to figure out what a great service you do here.  Love your answer!  Thanks :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekaylew78
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: SunnyDayze] * 1
    #25301879 - 06/30/18 11:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hello, Im having a hard time finding some info on agar work and have a few questions. Should I let the agar cool to room temp in petri dish before inoculating from spore print? After inoculation do I just leave them on the shelf covered with petri dish lid without wrapping edges with saran wrap until desired growth? Once I have made enough transfers to produce a nice dish do the edges get wrapped and stored in the fridge for long term storage? How long can a good dish be stored? Thanks.

--------------------
:ooo:

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: kaylew78] * 1
    #25301974 - 07/01/18 02:25 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kaylew78 said:
Hello, Im having a hard time finding some info on agar work and have a few questions. Should I let the agar cool to room temp in petri dish before inoculating from spore print? After inoculation do I just leave them on the shelf covered with petri dish lid without wrapping edges with saran wrap until desired growth? Once I have made enough transfers to produce a nice dish do the edges get wrapped and stored in the fridge for long term storage? How long can a good dish be stored? Thanks.

Your agar needs to cool to room temp and solidify before inoculation.

Wrapping your dishes is recomended.

Once you have a good culture you cut a wedge and use said wedge to inoculate sterilized whole grains and then use the resulting colonized grains to grow mushrooms.

Or you can keep the petri for longer term storage. The recommended method is inside a drink cooler inside a refridgerator. The cooler helps cut back on condensation from temperature swings.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Offlineazureskies
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25302390 - 07/01/18 10:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

I also think knowledge should never be artificially scarce, and it is own of the things most precious to me that the internet is a public resource. The whole reason people are able to improve and learn to problem solve better is due to having computers and access to self-teaching material like what the shroomery provides. For a lot of people, this is an introduction to science, construction, collating research, cell culturing... I've met a few brewers up in my neck of the woods, and they're really chill, passionate dudes so that makes sense. I disagree about security, but I'm very happy that people like yourself are out there to help others. I love mycology and chemistry, and I've learned a lot from all of you over the years. Keep up the solid work. It's been a pleasure to learn from you all.

Offlineaeolist101
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #25302391 - 07/01/18 10:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

What he said:wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck